1997 Honda Accord

Based on 786 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

My Official 1st Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"I've had this car for almost a year and a half and it has stuck by me! I was a little skeptical after my true first car only lasted about 3 months, then the transmission blew. So I didn't want to spend 2000 on a 1997 Honda, but the seller would not go down on the price after asking him a number of times. Now I understand why by all the work he put into the car. I've only had to get shocks replaced and a new radiator. Everything else has been regular oil changes. I'm so happy I got a good find this time around. Anyone looking to get a new/used vehicle, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC TO INSPECT THE CAR BEFORE PURCHASE."

I love this car ! My friends sold it to me.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price, moon roof electric sliding-so nice"

Cons: "Not sporty-no air bags"

"I had a truck that I sold. My friends wanted me to have their extra car. So comfortable. I have replaced the muffler, A/C, tires. I've had it 3+ yrs. Great buy and it will go on forever (I'm told!) I bought it when it had 198K miles on it. It only has 208K now. ...and that is in 3yrs. 8 months!"

Totally rebuilt minus the engine itself

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "should go another 100k easily, transmission good f"

Cons: "window tinting needs replacement"

"I have rebuilt this car over the past 8 years and have invested 12K in original Honda parts and service the engine still in great condition. Eventually that is the only item I would replace but I expect it to go to 300k new motor mounts, new struts, evaporative core , brakes ac, distributor, alternator,"

Cannot give it up

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "What a perfect car..."

Cons: "Just getting old...."

"As my car now has 212K miles on it, I was in the market for a new car. Nothing comes close to this baby. It is so open with superb visibility. It is so light. Handles snow and ice like a pro. NEVER let me down in 15 years! Gives me 30 mpg overall! Things missing are technology and stuff which I really would like. Also the 50 mpg Accord Hybrid sounds very interesting."

Bulletproof

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great v-tec engine, fast, a/c, dependable, value"

Cons: "paint defects/rust issues"

"this car was used I bought it for $5,258.00 and have never had a problem out of it drove my Accord all over the country never left me stranded. I got the ex sedan so has cloth seats, sunroof, alloy wheels with wheel covers, 4 wheel disc brakes and V-tec engine. This car has the best acceleration very powerful on the main highways with most best fuel economy gets from it. It might be a rust bucket the exterior paint is faded bad on hood mostly and roof is worst I found out that this is very common on older Honda cars but they are very reliable for a long time with high maintenance and fluids serviced every 4000 miles. I love my car still going very strong without no mechanical problems purrs like a kitten and fast little car that is reliable and excellent. Transmission shifts smoothly and seats are comfortable at times if driving a longer distance can be uncomfortable getting tired quickly other than that a excellent vehicle. I'm looking to get it paint this summer because starting to look bad still runs/drives excellent on a great ride have from it and air conditioner is ice cold wish had a climate control system but still feels like driving a brand new car every time have that happy feeling riding around my 1996 Accord EX sedan love it to death. If this car gets to the point don't last longer my next car will be a Honda because these vehicles are very bulletproof and last a very longer time but make sure watch out on the paint defects which is more common on these cars especially the Accords from this year I see lots of them rusting just liked the one I own but a remarkably good reliable car getting you from Point A to B at anytime. LOVE HONDA FOR FOREVER."