1996 Honda Accord

Based on 786 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Most reliable car of more than 10 I've owned

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the $$"

Cons: "Not sporty"

"Very comfortable to drive; excellent interior materials that have held up for 18 years & look almost new; super reliable; 25 MPG for local & 30 MPG on highway; 1996 Honda Accord is a great car for people looking to spend less than 10 percent of the price of a new comparable car"

My first was a black Honda Prelude/I love Hondas!!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Cigarette lighter needs repairf"

"This past year, I've replaced the engine,( So the mileage is better than listed,) timing belt with all new hoses, the complete starter with extras, the transmission,with new O2 sensor, completely new Power Steering pump, belts, etc and all 4 tires and rims are matching with two the rear tires fairly new with road hazard warning, and the two front are new, within a matter of weeks. Frankly, I've replaced just about everything that could go wrong to the tune of $3500 but of course, I realize I can't ask that for it. Make me an offer?"

My Favorite Car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Rust"

"I purchased this car used in 2003 for $4,500 with 54,000 miles on it. The woman I purchase it from told me that it was her "favorite car" but that her husband purchased a new car for her every ten years. I'd had a lot trouble with my previous used cars. At the time, I was looking for something to last me the next 4 or 5 years. It is now 2014 and I still drive my Accord every day. This car has outperformed all of my expectations and I love driving it! The only major downside is the rust; the majority of the repairs and replacements I have had to make are due to rust and I can take it through a carwash in fear that I am going to lose a piece or two. The interior is in great condition though a few lights have gone out on the dash and the radio takes a while to tune in... AC still blows cold, engine keeps going. Progressive styling (for 1994) hides it's true age. Still very comfortable for long road trips. Handles alright on ice with snow tires. I am no longer a poor student and can afford a new vehicle but I can't let go of a car that has served me so well."

Good reliable car for daughter at college.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, good gas mileage, great a/c."

Cons: "Squeaky seats for some reason."

"Bought car for daughter and has been very reliable. Only needed normal servicing like tires, battery and exhaust system. Car now has 136K on it and ready to upgrade. Friend is buying the car next month for a steal at $1000."

Great car ,drives great, has power & great on gas!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great on gas. great reliabilty,looks great,comfort"

Cons: "needs to come standard with rear spoiler."

"I have owned Hondas now for several years & I highly recommend anyone getting one. Hondas can usually be sold well above Kelly blue book value because they are always in high demand. I love these cars because if you keep the oil changed,belts etc they will go even beyond 300,000 miles on the engine! my last Honda was over 300,00. I added a rear spoiler to my accord lx & made it look even better. yes get a Honda accord! def a great buy if the person that had the car before you has taken care of it :)"

Great for price

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliability to about 100k, is 17 yr old"

Cons: "major maintenance 90k-110k, 17 yr old"

"Have owned since new, 17 yrs. Had regular maintenance done, until need catalytic converter done by dealer with a recall, so no charge. Then timing belt done at 100K, which was a kit and water pump replaced then with kit. Only lasted 5 yrs, water pump went 2 wks ago, and replaced rest of belts with it. In between time, had to replace both front, rt. then left CV boot/axles. Had to replace radiator Dec. 2013. Since retired, mostly local driving, but several times a week,been on several road trips in the past, but not last 5 yrs. Has basically been reliable until last 5-6 yr, 10-15k miles. Looking to sell now. BIGGEST problem initially was paint peeling off and dealer/rep. would do nothing. Now dealers say they are using a better paint/clear coat in 2000's + vehicles. Mine needs paint job, never been wrecked, either."

1993 Honda - Very reliable

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to maintain, operate and insure."

Cons: "Its old. Typical old car noises."

1993 Honda Accord

"Purchased new and passed down within the family. Property tax is zero in my area. Insurance is very low. Gets 29 mpg. Mechanic commented that the vehicle has no underbody rust and was in his opinion in excellent condition. New radio and speakers. New calipers, brakes, master cylinder. New radiator, condenser, timing belt and other miscellaneous engine parts. Runs well except the cruise control has stopped working for some unknown reason. Never been in an accident. One spot of rust behind driver side read door - repairable. Original, dealer service manual will be provided to the buyer."

1993 Honda Accord

A Classic

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "4cyl 2.2 145hp VTEC, power everything, reliable"

Cons: "Heavy, VSS, Speedo, Timing Belt"

"This car is reliable, well engineered and fast. Easy to find aftermarket performance upgrades and fun to drive."

Keeps on running

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable with great mpg"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This car has been owned and passed down through my family since around 1995. We have never had to make any serious repairs. It keeps running without any problems. I get 30-35 mpg. This has been a great first car which I will drive until it will not run anymore."

Bought Sept 9, 1993.....dealer maintained

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "How can I complain about anything?"

"I've had my car dealer-maintained since its purchase in Sept 1993, and everything about it is original with the exception of the back bumper and hood. Most of the car has its original paint job. The car is now my trademark. I intend on making sure it receives its well-deserved antique plates in a few years."