1996 Honda Accord

Based on 773 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Reliable but expensive

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Reason: Need major engine repairs

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Needed major repair"

"I had my honda for 2 years and put 40k on it. I went to get a regular oil change and the company simply told me this car in its condition was unsafe for anyone to drive. The radiator hoses were leaking causing it to over heat, it had a major oil leak that took 1 quart in 20 miles of driving, needed shocks struts, also had a manufacture recall on the ignition switch. Caused the car to stop running at random times of driving and then wouldnt start back up. Got it replaced and as soon as i drove off the Honda dealers lot it happened again! Over all had fun with my car and the engine was in great shape despite the oil leaks!"

Great car. Super reliable.

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Most reliable car ever made."

Cons: "No cup holders"

"Oil is still clear after 4,000 miles. Runs like new. Drives great. Just drove it from Alaska to Utah to Colorado to Minnesota without a single problem."

Everything you expect from a Honda

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Cheap, RELIABLE"

Cons: "Maybe too plain for some people"

"My Accord has had 2 things fail in it's entire life: the odometer and just this week the starter. I am absolutely positive this car has well over 200k on it but does not act like it at all. After crossing the entire nation north to south, east to west, the only failure it's ever had is far from fatal. It can be fun to drive if you make it. It definitely doesn't shy away from curvy back roads and is in fact quite fun to drive on winding roads if you go a little faster than a responsible driver should (only speaking for the manual transmission). Its good on gas, not civic good, but good. You can get them for the change in your pocket these days. I have a manual coupe so it looks a little sportier and gives you a little more sporty drive experience. I personally like the way it looks, it isn't standout-ish or loud, but it looks sharp (again, only speaking for the coupe). It is absolutely bullet proof as far as reliability. The 95 Accord definitely earned the 'H' on the hood. If you need a dirt cheap car that looks decent, is good on gas, has more than enough pep to get you out of sticky traffic situations (but not so peppy as to earn you speeding tickets), and will outlive your generation, go for the 1995 Honda Accord (manual if you can find one)"

Best car for the money!

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great on gas"

Cons: "None!"

"The motor will last 300,000 miles if taken care of. Good resale value and easy to work on! The interior is uncluttered and has very comfortable seats. There is nothing about this car I dont like."

Best Car I have ever owned in my 65 years

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "I own it"

Cons: "old and may need more repair for small problems"

"Car turns twenty next month. Has over 492000 miles and still going strong. Gets 31 miles to gallon. Original engine. Has new interior and paint job. Has had new electrical and cooling system. Also needed one new lug bolt."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25