1996 Honda Accord

Based on 806 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Still Running!!

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable reliability"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"I have driven this car since new and have since put over 510,000 km's (317,000miles) on it. I have been through a few timing belts, 2 radiators, 1 master cylinder, and several mufflers. All the regular things you would expect to replace on any vehicle but to date nothing major has ever been replaced. This car has never let me down! Cup holders would have been nice...but I figured it out!"

$2000 4 years ago and still runs and looks great!

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "style, reliability, price, mpg"

Cons: "auto transmission, speedometer, abs pump"

"i have had my 94 accord lx coupe for four years now. i maintain this car as if it were new. so far i have replaced the timing belt, water pump, exhaust system, cap, rotor, spark plugs, belt, egr valve, fuel filter, air filter, brake pads and rotors and tires. i have used only oem parts for quality and origionality. i have ocd, i like to make everything perfect. i also bought a second one just for parts just incase. my only complaint would be the transmission. it seems to slip at times but always gets me where i need to go. it has great pick up and is great on gas. i have also replaced all the lights and bulbs with led's. i removed the interior, lined the car with dynomat xtream and shampooed everything and replaced it as if it were done at the factory. i installed 0ga power wire and a second battery in the trunk to supply the audiophile sound system. i like to stick with the orig. 14in steel rims with chrome wheel covers and no tints to deter would be theives. everywhere i go i get compliments on this car and offers to buy but its not for sale. i will drive this car till it dies, then i'll rebuild it. this accord is the first year of the 5th generation and sure to be collectable many years from now. if you have an opportunity to find a clean one buy it! dont let the automatic transmission problems scare you."

THE BEST!!!

By on Saturday, May 02, 2009

""I am 60 yrs old, always bought American cars my entire life since age 17 up until buying a USED HONDA ACCORD almost 15 years ago - it had 90k miles on it at the time and now has 176k miles. It has NEVER broken down in 15 years - I call that a great car - the NEW Dodge daytona I bought before this car arrived from the factory with an oil leak and always had an oil problem - it was a lemon I soon realized but in those days there were no lemon laws. Other cars were the chevy Nova, great car, but still none can compare with the used Honda I still have for the least amount of problems, replacements or money spent on it. I want to give experienced advice to young people - everyone should own a Honda during their lifetime!! it changes your mind about what to expect from a car for life..""

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"My '96 Accord is a really great car. It has 250,000 miles on it and is virtually maintenance free. Due to the low cost of ownership, I give the Accord 5 stars for value. The overall quality is excellent, but after 15 years, some of the plastic parts have started to breakdown, which is to be expected (fading of plastic & rubber trim, etc.). This car is fun to drive and doesn't look dated. If you're reading these reviews to decide whether or not to buy high-mileage 15-year old car--DO IT. You won't be disappointed. These Accords were built to last."

Extremely reliable

By on Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Have owned since new...fall of 1997. My wife has driven the car most of the time but we think the Honda 4cylinder engine is the best and car just goes and goes."

340,000 miles and still going strong

By on Friday, June 12, 2009

"I bought my 97 Accord LX wagon 5 speed new in 1997... That was 340,000 miles ago and the car is still running great. Expect to go another 100-200K. Have had very few things go wrong. Had to replace the SRS unit (airbag brain), aside from that it's been normal wear items (brakes, exhaust, battery, etc.). The A/C compressor seized a couple of years ago, but I decided not to fix it (don't really need it in Maine). Overall it's been a fantastic car- by far the best I've ever had."

My most trusted steed on wheels!

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Great Quality Drive; Ageless Beauty; a True Value"

Cons: "Lack of security system; few disfunctional quirks"

"Bought new nearly 20 yrs. ago and have been fully satisfied with it ever since. Has exceptional turning radius, incredibly versatile, easy to adjust/customize seats for impeccable viewing/safety and comfort. Economical and easy to run & maintain. Has always earned my confidence and proven to be an excellent investment in reliable quality transportation. Lots of Fun to drive too! Will continue to drive for many years to come & will be proud to put Antique License plates on this trusty sedan in about 5 yrs. I fully endorse this as the most exceptional vehicle I've ever owned."

My 5th Honda

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

"Needed a reliable car. Found this one 3 years ago, Had 143,000 miles when I bought it. It has 216,000 now. Never had any problems, Just regular maintenance. Bought it for $3,400. put about a little over thousand dollars a little at a time into it,Like tires, timing belt,water pump,radiator, few hoses, regular stuff that goes out. My mechanic says Engine is excellent and should last at least til 300,000.I love driving it and sometimes I forget how old this car really is. All my Honda's have been GREAT."

Great Car for the money!

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"I have owned three Honda's over the last 15 years. The older Honda's seem to be better built than the new one's. I just recently replaced the transmission in my 2004 Pilot, but my 1997 Accord is still going strong. I'd like a new car, but it's hard to give up a vehicle that's paid for when it is in such good shape and reliable. I purchased the car when it was four years old and I've been EXTREMELY satisfied with my purchase."

Reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "radio, low seats, loud on highway."

"I have this car for 2 years and bought with 127000 miles on it. I have traveled to wisconsin, chicago, nebraska multiple time from waterloo, iowa. Great in gas and very comfortable to drive even though I do not have cruise control on it. Very roomy inside compared to other competitors of the same class. This car will never leave you on the road and you will have to sell it before it starts giving you problems. Paint is fair and there are little rusts on the body, but it is due to the age. Good car to commute or to buy for your teenager."