1995 Honda Accord

Based on 791 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Original owner and I still enjoy driving my Accord

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Everything I wanted and could afford 18 years ago."

Cons: "Leather has cracked from sitting in the sun."

"I have loved this car since the day we got it to the present. But after 18 years it is looking a little worn from time. I have it hand waxed once a year and on several occasions people have shown interest in buying it. I always say why would I sell a perfect driving car that only requires a tune-up once a year."

Like a brand new car

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Less plastic than new ones today, fun to drive,"

Cons: "A little slow but not bad, nothing bad to say."

"This car is not my car but it's my brother car and I happen to find the car for sale online for him. He brought this accord EX with a 2.2 liter engine from a old lady that was the first owner for 17 years and only drove about 1500 miles a year. He brought the accord a month and half ago with only 32295 miles yes 32295 miles not 322,000 miles. We thought its was a typo about the miles but it not and the car sit in the garage for 17 years hardly been outside and the paint looks brand new and inside looks brand new no wear and tear anywhere on the car. For the last one month my brother has put the most miles on it for the first time about 700 miles never been driven that much. The previous owner did a really good job on oil change and other services oil change was change every four and five months and she did very good on keeping the car very clean. I just change the oil, change the fluids for auto transmission, change the brake and power steering fluids so it's like a brand new car now. It's need four new tires because the tires is 12 years old with 15000 miles on it. The transmission has a Little bit of a hard shift like a sport shift but it's normal for the 94 to 97 accord to shift like that I drove other accord and some have the same kind of shift and some are shifting bad due to lack of services to transmission. My brother and I have no worries about this accord and he very lucky to find this car with that low miles and very well kept. He been getting 24 and 25 mpg in city and around 30 on highway one time but it's was heavy traffic with some stop and go so he could get 35 on highway with less stopping. It's like we went back to 1996 to buy the accord in a time machine and brought it to year 2013. This is a great car to keep for a very long time I just hope there always parts available. If you are looking for a accord make sure it's has a good services records like oil changes and transmission fluid changes because it's a very good car to keep and always keep the car wax two or three times a year because I notice the older accord have a small problem with the paint but my brother accord not showing signs of problem with paint because been inside a lot. He loves this car and it's paid for and I might buy its from him someday because it's rare to find a car with low miles."

Great first car or any car!

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "A nice looking car with a bit of pickup!"

"When I first got this car I thought it was stupid for a first car. I have never been so happy to be so wrong, this car is a fun and fast little car and easy to customize. I had the SE model and loved it. It's looks aren't too bad and it does have quite a bit of power and speed with a cold air intake (Also helped with the gas 38 mpg!). Also if you are wondering, oh dear lord is it reliable I think total I put about $500 in it, for the 5 years I owned it from 123,000 miles, including breaks, the other stuff was the flex pipe and muffler rusting off. Sadly the car was in an accident, a hit in the rear right wheel area, with 3 of my friends in it... The car was totaled, but no one got hurt, at all! Considering we were hit by a large truck, it is amazing! I would recommend this car to anyone especially as a first car."

Reliable workhorse

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Mechanical reliability"

Cons: "AC fails, paint discoloration, interior fragile"

"Pros: * My car has over 170,000 miles. I'm driving it every day for the past 14 years with no major mechanical issues. I did replace the starter, clutch, oxygen sensors, cracked hoses and such, but I would consider these repairs "normal wear and tear". Cons: * Air conditioner is dead for many years now. I once spent $500 to fix it, but it broke a few months later. There appears to be an issue with AC design on this car. * After 10 years, the paint started to turn whitish in spots. Seems to be from exposure to sun light. I see the same issue on many other cars the same age as mine. I park the car in the drive way. * The right arm rest is not strong enough. Original arm rest broke. I replaced it, but it seems to be ready to break again."

Love it

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "best car in world"

Cons: "dont get automatic honda to much trans problems"

"simple its the best car ive ever own its got 353,000 miles and u would never know it . i drive every day has never let me down. i got the 5speed verson i wouldnt own a automatic honda . this car gets easy 38-40mpg local without a problem and will flat fly with the vtec 2.2 motor. so sporty fast and awesome car all the way around"

A really great car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Excellent value, keeps on going!"

"This car just keeps on going! It's awesome. And great mileage. Roomy enough in both front and back. Not too large overall, a problem with some newer model years. Not luxurious but very workable and comfortable. Great sized and easy to access trunk. Love all the window glass--Honda has streamlined new 2013 models and taken away too much of the glass. I like seeing all the way around! Only have one glitch that is a problem in coastal climate winters- so I think is a problem for just this car, not the whole model year. --windows fog up inside and it takes turning on the air conditioner to get them clear, the heater defroster takes too long. This model year should be used as a baseline. Easy to maintain inside. Looks a little worn outside but just hard to give up a real winner."

Great car for over 15 years

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Great, reliable, comfortable car. Good Gas milage"

Cons: "Clear coat peeled quickly. Easily stolen."

"I bought this car new on 4/30/97. I have over 300,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. Reliability is fantastic. Never died on me while driving. I've replaced 3 timing belts, probably 4 sets of brakes and at least 4 sets of tires. This was my third Honda and first Accord. Now, bad things: the clear coat started going early, probably the first 7 years. The inner door handle I've replaced twice because it's plastic with foil wrapped and starts peeling and gets sharp. I had to have the cooling system worked on and the third mechanic got it right. I recently had it painted the original color "dark purple" and three days after getting it back it was stolen. This was the second time it was stolen in two years. Yes, it appears this year and before are easily stolen. I still love this car and hope to get it back. I have my second Honda Accord but this is a great car. Anyone see a freshly painted purple 97 Honda Accord please take a second look it may be mine."

my first car at 21

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "wheel volume, sun roof in my model, power seats ,"

"this vechicle has never failed me even at the baddest times super relaible even in with the so called cold starts easy to uprgrade i did, parts to replace are cheap , performance is always higher love it"

Awesome car!!!!

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Sports car handling and incrediable practicality"

"This car is my first honda and has made me a believer. Even at 263,000 miles and lots of hard use, it runs like a top and gets good gas mileage(30-32 mpg)."

The honda dream

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive great on gas and holds value very wll"

"bought this car for 3100$ about 1000$ more then what kbb appraised it for and i gotta say no regrets with only 120000 miles on it ill drive the car for a couple of years and get back close to what i paid for it very smooh strong engine. they need to make more cars like this not only is it extremely reliable good on gas and cheap to fix it can also be upgraded to a speedster >:)"

The honda dream

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive great on gas and holds value very wll"

I love Honda's...had an 87 and this 97 , Accord

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "always enjoyed driving it"

Cons: "Kind of wished it was higher from the ground"

"The thing I've enjoyed most about my Honda has been the reliability. I was looking for that when I bought and was very pleased with the car's performance. I also enjoyed the gas mileage with the 4 cylinder engine. It has about 200,000 miles on it and 30,000 miles ago I passed it on to my son in law to drive to and from work and now he is passing it onto his mom! I believe if you change the oil every 3000 miles and take care of things that need maintenance, you can drive these cars for over 300,000 miles!!"

Cannot understand why hondas have such high rating

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Reason: Money Pit

Pros: "Gas mileage, great looking car"

Cons: "trasmission failure"

"Owned a 95' honda accord and a 89' acura legend (made by honda also) and the transmissions went in both vehicles. Had both transmisions rebuilt for appx $2500 each and like they say once you have major work done to a vehicle it is pretty muc down hill from there. Paid $400 to have a oil leak repaired in the rear main seal of my honda only for a year later for it to leak from another area. $900 for my motor mounts and driver side window motor. If you are looking for a reaible car honda accords are not the way to go."

well rounded car- i will never sell it!

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "reliability-fuel efficency"

Cons: "power/handling"

"i bought my accord with 4 miles on it. i have followed the book on main. except oil changed at 3000. never left me sitting-get 37/29/33"

$2000 4 years ago and still runs and looks great!

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "style, reliability, price, mpg"

Cons: "auto transmission, speedometer, abs pump"

"i have had my 94 accord lx coupe for four years now. i maintain this car as if it were new. so far i have replaced the timing belt, water pump, exhaust system, cap, rotor, spark plugs, belt, egr valve, fuel filter, air filter, brake pads and rotors and tires. i have used only oem parts for quality and origionality. i have ocd, i like to make everything perfect. i also bought a second one just for parts just incase. my only complaint would be the transmission. it seems to slip at times but always gets me where i need to go. it has great pick up and is great on gas. i have also replaced all the lights and bulbs with led's. i removed the interior, lined the car with dynomat xtream and shampooed everything and replaced it as if it were done at the factory. i installed 0ga power wire and a second battery in the trunk to supply the audiophile sound system. i like to stick with the orig. 14in steel rims with chrome wheel covers and no tints to deter would be theives. everywhere i go i get compliments on this car and offers to buy but its not for sale. i will drive this car till it dies, then i'll rebuild it. this accord is the first year of the 5th generation and sure to be collectable many years from now. if you have an opportunity to find a clean one buy it! dont let the automatic transmission problems scare you."

Great car

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Great car"

"Has been a great car has 193,000 miles on it and never a problem has made it in Northern MN."

Best car ever

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Zippy and fun. Spacious and comfortable."

Cons: "It's old!"

"I love this car! I've had it for 10 years, and its got over 250k miles and it's still running! Sure the paint is chipping and it needs regular maintenance work, but this car has yet to leave me high and dry. Gotta love a Honda."

starter

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"excellent car"

best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"best vehicle ever!"

Great Car if i could find parts.

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, reliable"

Cons: "can't find a hood for V6, slow windows, A/C"

my car after I bought it

"I bought this car and have never had an import before and have to say i am very impressed by the way it handles. the problem im facing right now is that I hit a deer with it on the way back to school and its a 2.7L V6 and apparently its hard to find a hood for it cause they made it 2 in's longer than the 2.2L so sadly its parked got amazing gas mileage to go 130 miles on little less than half a tank when i first drove it that 130 miles only used 1/4th of a tank to get there. has a rebuilt transmission but shifting hard though and just like any other vehicle ive owned have to check the oil once a week. Has an all new A/C system in it still doesnt work that great especially the hottest part of the day but has a very smooth ride almost like my Dad's cadi. Has alot more wrong with it than was told when I bought it."

my car after I bought it

Awesome car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "great resale value .Good interior"

Cons: "no cup holder"

"Car is very smooth reliable.not much maintenance.after 18 years still the same.It has good resale value."

Good car!

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

"For a 1997 with 250000 miles it is a great used car and is very reliable. Just a few things to repair. This a great car!"

I LOVE my Honda. It's never left me stranded.

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Noisy, low to ground."

"Hondas are so reiable and you can't kill them. Mine is 18years old, so now it's starting to show it's age by various dash board gauges going out. Ex: gas gauge, speedometer, etc. The air conditioner doesn't thoroughly cool in the hot summer, however is sufficient in mild temperatures. Overall, it's the best long term car I have owned."

Awesome on the wallet. I bought it at 109,600.

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Excellent investment"

Cons: "Didn't get one with a standard transmission"

"Superb machine. Runs and runs and runs! All I have had to replace on it so far has been two timing belts, a starter, a radiator, a master cylinder, and two front axles. All preventive maintenance parts in my opinion! This car is a blast to drive. My only wish would be that it had a standard transmission. It has almost 300k on it and I plan to see how far she will take me..."

Very Reliable, driving smoothly, works perfectly

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Powerful and reliable. Yes, fun to drive"

Cons: "Its painting have taken off seriously on the roof"

"I am the third owner of my car, anyway, I like this car since I bought it in 2006. Although its mileage is 220K, it works perfectly. Comments: the painting had taken off on the roof! The phenomenon has happened since 2006."