1995 Honda Accord

Based on 806 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Still runs very good for a 16 yr old car

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"The automatic lock is messing up and sometimes the automatic window control is slow to respond but other than that the car still runs smoothly. It still gets me to places without breaking down or over heating. I just have to give the car proper maintenance service (oil change and such) and it gives back the pleasure of one comfortable ride."

Best Design of 1995

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "reliable, budget friendly, great look"

Cons: "paint faded"

"I'd have to say this car is the most newer looking car of the 90's unlike the boxier older version of the accord this body style is the most timeless. This was my first car and if you compare any other 1995 model from Saturn/Toyota/etc. this one is the best looking for the price. Now that's just the reason I picked it now I'll tell you why I love it this Honda accord is very reliable never has not started for me other than the time I left my lights on 2 weeks after I got it(user error not the cars fault) and I have done most of the scheduled maintenance myself such as changing oil/transmission fluid/coolant/air filter(SAVES SO MUCH MONEY). I got the ex which came with the moon roof(which for my first car I didn't think it was a big deal but in the summer with my music up and my moon roof open WOW! good times). Only con I'd say is being 16 years old now the paint is chipping in some areas but I plan on getting her a paint job b/c i plan on having her for another 5 years at least. but all in all for a girls first car its awesome b/c you won't be embarrassed b/c it actually looks newer than you would think and for a guy its good b/c its a good car to start caring for with a low budget or for anyone that wants a car that will get you to A B C D E and F and back again. When I do have to retire the 95' I hope the newer accords will be just as good"

GREAT 1995 HONDA ACCORD EX !!!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "GREAT OVERALL CAR"

"I bought this car brand new in 1995 and I have NEVER regretted it! I saw this cashmere colored car in the showroom (2-door coupe) and just had to have it. Needless to say, it has stood up to Honda's reliability record. I finally decided to buy a new 2010 Honda Accord EX-L last year, and kept the 1995 Honda as a 2nd car. I actually feel like the 1995 Honda has a smoother ride than the 2010 Honda. I hope to continue to keep the older Honda and put at least another 150,000 miles on it !! (At least 5 people have asked me if I want to sell the 1995 Honda, and I tell them i'm not ready yet!)"

Dependable, Reliable, Great Vehicle! Love it!

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, safe, dependable"

Cons: "I need to have the rear leather seats repaired!"

"Love this car, bought new in 1996, always took it to the dealership for all maintenance. Thankfully bought an extended warranty because at 500 miles before it expired in 2003, I needed a new transmission. Saved me a bundle of money so I don't know if I'd feel the same now had I not gotten that warranty. This car is great and a perfect one to hand down or purchase for a 16 year old. It has 258,000 miles on it, runs like a dream. When you look at the price of new cars, I don't mind spending the money to keep this one running a while longer."

Great car for the long haul

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"I bought this car 4 years ago when I needed a new car in a pinch for less than $3,000 and had great gas mileage (I was moving to Chicago and would be traveling to Ohio a lot). I worked as a photojournalist for 3 years and drove a lot of miles everyday, this car stood up to the test for the most part. I drove 60,000 miles on it in the past 4 years (it is not at 160,000) and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. I had to replace a lot of parts (battery, struts, etc) but it's an older car so it's expected. I would highly, highly recommed this car to new drivers or anyone traveling a lot. Not a ton of space, I tried two carseats in the back with my friend's two kids and it was way crowded. Good for a single person, or maybe a couple without too many suitcases. The storage is okay, but the cupholders are not desirable at all. The leather on the side where the auto car windows/locks are started to peel and can't be replaced because it's older."

All around A great Car

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"I have a 95 Honda Accord LX sedan with a 4 cylinder engine. I don't know that I will ever depart ways with this car. Currently I have a little over 214,000 miles on this engine, the most miles I have ever recorded on a car. The odometer had to be replaced at about 170,000 and now my "new" odemeter records 43,000. And the front end drive axil had to be replaced but this is expected. After a $1200 bill, your back in business. The key to longevity with any car is routine oil changes, maintenance and drive the car with care. Avoid the potholes, as they will tear up the alignment. I bought this car used with about 30k miles and have owned it for about 14 years. I've owned other Hondas and had reluctently sold them, and then wanting them back. One was an '82 Prelude. This is one car that is not for sale ever. I have another 83,000 miles to put on the engine before I reach what others have stated they have to bring mine to 300,000 miles. Hondas are built to take the miles with fuel efficiency."

Great Car for the value

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I bought my 1994 Honda Accord DX more than fourteen years ago....very reliable and great looking car too. It has a very low mileage under 60,000 (I'm not kidding) and only been driven to work and errands for the most part...that explained why the mileage is so UNBELIEVABLY LOW. Always have it serviced at the dealer for schedule maintenance until this year, I'm just having my local mechanic to service it to save some money. My only regrets after hearing all the positive testimonals from all loyal Accord's owners, is that I haven't driven my 94 Accord for a truly long distance road trip...well, I'm going to try and take her for a long long drive this summer to Bloomington, IN. I'm confident that she will keep up with me and keep on running for many more years to come."

I love this car ! My friends sold it to me.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price, moon roof electric sliding-so nice"

Cons: "Not sporty-no air bags"

"I had a truck that I sold. My friends wanted me to have their extra car. So comfortable. I have replaced the muffler, A/C, tires. I've had it 3+ yrs. Great buy and it will go on forever (I'm told!) I bought it when it had 198K miles on it. It only has 208K now. ...and that is in 3yrs. 8 months!"

This is my first vehicle and i absolutely LOVE it.

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "reliable, easy to drive, good on gas"

"being my first vehicle, I had to buy an older model. This worried me, but after purchasing my Accord I find it safe to say that I love my car and will only be buying accords from now on. it is safe, has great gas mileage, and will run for many more miles as long as it is taken care of. the engine is easy to learn how to work on on your own, and repairs are affordable (when you even need one!) I love how the windshield and rear window are both so large, it really adds to the car. And if you really need it, it can really get up and go!"

awesome first car for new driver

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "grate first car thats easy"

Cons: "people will like the car and might try to brake in"

"very well taken care of for the age and mileage. 17'wheels gunmetal gray in color, new timing belt,water pump,oil pump,crank seal,cam seal,balancing shaft seal,new radiator, cool air intake, power everything with sun roof. 7' touch screen head unit with navagtion,cd,dvd,memory card, bluetooh capabilities, 5 1/2 twiters in fornt doors 2 kenwood 3 way 6 by 9 speakers in the rear and a 12' sub in the trunk thats dynomatted"

Great Car!!

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Retains Value over time; Very Dependable"

Cons: "Expensive Parts"

"This car is 14 years old and only has minor flaws. Very dependable and still great looking. I love Honda Accords, this is not my first one, and not my last."

The best car ever!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, roomy"

Cons: "cup holders would be nice in the back seat"

"I love my car. I paid only $6000 for it and it is still going strong! Great reliable car that will easily make it passed the 300000 mile mark! Great investment! Thank you Honda!"

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"This car has been the most reliable car i have ever seen! It has a great design and lots of space the only thing i dont like is the cupholders. They are too close together so its hard to fit 2 drinks in them. Other than that, its been amazing. It has almost 300,000 miles on it and it has no plans on dying any time soon. It may of had a salvaged title when we bought it, but it looks great still and doesnt have a bit of rust on it. It is a great first car and i still get a kick out of it when my mom asks to borrow my car when her 2002 Chevy Tahoe wont start in the morning. =]"

Great daily driver

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Two years ago, I bought my 1994 Honda Accord used with 139,000 miles on it. I have added an additional 28,000 miles since and only had to replace a water heater hose and the Master Cylinder for 200 bucks. Honda's are rock solid cars."

Love my car...

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I have a '97 Accord, I bought it used in 2002. I'm the second owner. It has been a great car. I did replace the transmission shortly after buying it, but thankfully it was still under warranty. Other than that, I have never had any other serious problems! I do have a few small issues that come up from time to time, but neither is a deal breaker for me: The glove compartment doesn't stay closed tightly. Every now and again I can see the light coming through the crack when it hangs open slightly. My only other complaint is that my headlights are VERY dim. I have tried different brands and quality of bulbs, but it doesn't seem to help. When it is very dark, and there are no streetlights around, I find it very difficult to see in the dark without turning on the high beams. I do not know if this is a problem common to all accords, or if it is just mine. I plan to drive this one until I can't drive it anymore, at which point I will likely invest in another honda accord! I love this car!"

Grestest Car Ever Made

By on Monday, November 03, 2008

"No lie. I've had the same one for 10 years. I'm the second owner and I've never had a single problem with it. I can go out of town for three weeks and it's still starts. It still has the pick up and punch to beat new sports cars off the line at red lights. It's style is timeless, it's comfortable, and it's friggin' rocks. You can never go wrong with a '94 Accord. Love this car!!"

Honda reliability with a twist

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Great used car for a massage therapist or college student large cargo capacity with great fuel economy, performance, and great reliabilty. Mine has almost 140k and its still running smooth and picks up fast. Honda Accord reliability with a twist"

No other Car can Match It!

By on Sunday, September 07, 2008

"I bought it used with 70,000 and 4 years later with 176,000 it gets 34 mpg highway!! Only parts invested aside from scheduled stuff was a 1/2 axle. I'll never own anything else other than a Honda....."

Good Value

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

"I have had my car for 8 years, after buying it from a 2nd owner. It has only needed a radiator, brakes, tires, oxygen sensor, and water pump. Other than that, it has been very reliable and I basically keep the oil changed and it starts right up. It's good on gas and still a nice looking car. It looks like a car made in the 2000's. It's paid off and I love not having a car note and minor repairs (about $500-$1000 a year and you can't beat that!"

Has been a very reliable car.

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"This car has never gave me any unfixable mechanical problems. Hondas are easy to and cheap to fix. Car runs great, and is good on gas. I don't regret buying this car."

F22's are the greatest things since sliced bread

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I own an accord coupe just like this one, and love it! I wont get rid of it and no one can ever pay me enough for it. I currently have 187397 miles on mine, and it still sounds, feels, and runs the same as when my grandmother first purchased it in 1994. Then when she gave it to me it was over. Ive been in the military for four years now, and my car has seen it all Europe, Japan, and the other surrounding states close to my stations. If you are considering this vehicle for a new driver/child, then consideration is over, and you should do it. Good luck and rest asure that your decision was a good one."

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I've had my 95 Accord for over 10 years and it is by far the best car I have ever owned. I just kept up with the regular maintenance--oil changes, brakes and it's run like a charm. I always get offers from complete strangers to buy my vehicle. I'm definitely going to purchase another Honda when I am done with this one."

TUNE YOUR IMPORT!

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I bought a '94 accord in 2005 and put 40k miles on it. Amazing power from a single cam 2.2L. It had an auto transmission and right after purchasing it with 100k miles for $1000 I decided that it would be worth dropping more money into. I decided to replace the timing belt\balance shaft belt(parts $38), cam gear(part $100), intake cover gasket(part $20) ignition wires(parts $55), intermediate pipe(Walker $97) and bolted on a Flowmaster Deltaflow 60 for $270. The only part on the car that failed me was the oil ascending unit; part cost through Honda dealer was $9.50.(easy install, did it during an oil change) I also took out the Ac condenser to free up some more hp. I was able to install these parts myself and achieved something like (estimated) 12-18hp! (up from stock 125hp) This further proves that Honda makes the best and the quickest tuners on the street. Get this, still 30-35mpg. Almost every aspect of this car is phenominal with the exception of the driver-side power window and the rust that develops commonly in the rear quarter above the bumper-cover. Even the stock speakers of the car blasted until 2-of-4 lost the battle with my 320watt head unit. This car was my hot rod, wintercar, and fieldcar. It loved Northern Maine winters with all season tires. If you desire to one-up me I would suggest an ignition pack and throttle body. They offer a good hp gain, with easy installation. Don't waste money on an air intake or annoying muffler can that will earn you no respect on the street and will rob gas mileage. Loved the car so much I bought a 2007 VP Accord. Can't wait for aftermarket parts to come out!"

12+ years and still going

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"It no longer is as safe as newer cars but the EX-L still has ABS and plenty of power from a 4 cyl. New Bridgestone RE960s make it seem like a very nimble vehicle. Plenty of small $100-400 repairs about every 6 months (replaced muffler, front axels {drives with one finger now which was worth the money} AC dashboard unit twice, hand removed gunk buildup from condensor, replaced antenna, and it needs a new windshield. It is still cheaper than a new car payment and gets 22mpg in the city and sounds better than cars half its age. Still stylish for its age. I am the only owner of the car."

foriegn cars rock

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"we bought our honda 1994 ex with 70,000 seven years ago...and now with over 187000 have had to start socking some more serious change into it. The air works like it did when we got it...transmission is still great...rust near the gas cap seems common as I look at other accords of this model. Its been so reliable, we plan to put the money needed into new struts and the muffler...we just can't let her go."