1995 Honda Accord

Based on 806 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Very Good Car !

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Regretfully, due to this awful economy, i had to let my new car go into reposession. I pinched all my pennies together and purchased a 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition with 166,000 miles on it for $2200. For sure it was not what i was used to since prior to this I only owned nothing but new cars, but the recent job market and economy have forced me to downgrade. I must say that the quality of this car is amazing and I will recomend this car to anyone who may be in the same situation that i was in. i did a complete tune up and cleaning on this car and it runs perfect! I hope to have it for many more years to come !"

Great car ,drives great, has power & great on gas!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great on gas. great reliabilty,looks great,comfort"

Cons: "needs to come standard with rear spoiler."

"I have owned Hondas now for several years & I highly recommend anyone getting one. Hondas can usually be sold well above Kelly blue book value because they are always in high demand. I love these cars because if you keep the oil changed,belts etc they will go even beyond 300,000 miles on the engine! my last Honda was over 300,00. I added a rear spoiler to my accord lx & made it look even better. yes get a Honda accord! def a great buy if the person that had the car before you has taken care of it :)"

Keeps on running

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable with great mpg"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This car has been owned and passed down through my family since around 1995. We have never had to make any serious repairs. It keeps running without any problems. I get 30-35 mpg. This has been a great first car which I will drive until it will not run anymore."

unbeatable reliability

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "great camping vehicle, good gas mileage,"

Cons: "low to ground, remote door locks"

"No engine, trans, problems. just routine maint....changed timing belt every 75K, adjust valves every 100K, 1 new starter, no alternator replaced, factory battery 6 yrs 125K,...replaced radiator and cooling fans, distributor gasket replaced...speed sensor for cruise control and speedo new....rack and pinion seal leaks...2 set of front rotors..no calipers....GREAT CAR..station wagon was only built for 3 yrs...bigger...rear seat folds down."

The honda dream

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive great on gas and holds value very wll"

"bought this car for 3100$ about 1000$ more then what kbb appraised it for and i gotta say no regrets with only 120000 miles on it ill drive the car for a couple of years and get back close to what i paid for it very smooh strong engine. they need to make more cars like this not only is it extremely reliable good on gas and cheap to fix it can also be upgraded to a speedster >:)"

I have over 260,000 miles on my 1995 accord!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "great on gass and easy to drive"

Cons: "wish it had a little more power"

"I have over 260K on my '95 honda..recently passed state inspection and I drive it everyday. replaced T-belt at 120k, dx model with ac and crank windows...had to bondo rear quarters above wheels but this is common. If you see one of these cars for cheap buy it. Don't be scared with a car of 150k or so. Look at me. I'm still driving everyday with 260k. My goal is 300>"

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Commonly broken into (but depends on your area)"

"I bought this car used with 127,000 miles on it and it ran awesome. After a few months I needed to replace the timing belt and breaks, but this is normal for a car with this many miles. This car is super reliable. It still runs great even though it is 16 years old and is closer to 200,000 miles. The only drawback to this car is that it is commonly stolen/broken into. I have had 3 break ins in the last year. Other than that, this is a safe reliable car that gets great gas mileage and lasts almost forever."

good first car

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"i love my car even though its older, its never lets me down. As long as you change the oil and keep the maintaince up your good to go. my friend had the same car and it lasted her up to 585,000 miles i couldnt beleive it. its a great car."

Car should last a lifetime

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I have this car for 12 years and now has 208,000 miles on it. Basically doing all the fluid change oil, tranny, anti freeze. Replaced some parts due to wear and tear but no major problem with the engine and transmission. Now the car is given to my 18 year old son for his first car. It is still running strong just as the time I bought it. Probably will get another hundred thousand miles w/o problem. Now I have another Accord a 2002 that I bought used. Compared with the 96 the 2002 has better engine but lousy tranny. I realized how good the 96 tranny when I looked at the dipstick it is still purple red and it shifts smoothly. I would recommend the 1996 Accord to anyone looking for a good reliable used car."

Over 200k happy miles

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I've driven this car for the last 7 years (bought used from the 1st owner when I was in grad school) and am very happy to report it's still driving well at over 200k miles. I drive fast and take corners hard; it's such a well balanced car with a good suspension - nothing beats solid engineering. I'm at a crossroads right now with deciding on a new(er) car but the fact that this 14 year old car still gives me pause (keep it? or not? keep it?) is an attestament to this cars value, engineering and sheer enjoyment of driving. Manual transmissions are bulletproof on these cars."