1995 Honda Accord

Based on 800 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Awesome car for high performance upgrades

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

"I have owned this car for about 1 year and have done several mods to it, I still have several mods left to do, as of now I have only done simple bolt on mods and have gained around 55 more horse power from the stock 145 off the showroom floor, I have 2130000 miles on it and it has plenty of power for such a small car and for an automatic prior to mods I wasn't comfortable pulling out in tight traffic but now have no problems, now I'm about to sart on the few interior problems but they are small issues, then I am going to continue with engine mods, like I said earlier I have only had the car for about 1 year and now every time I drve the car somewhere someone wants to now if it is for sale, personally the cars not for sale because I'm having to much fun driving and doing more mods to increase horse power, and so far all aftermarket mods are so inexpensive and just makes the car faster and more fun, and I've had to much fun with it to get rid of it."

Love this car!

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "all around good car"

Cons: "none for my needs.."

"I LOVE my car! I never want to sell it. I want to keep it forever.. I just wanted to know what it's worth in case it got wrecked or stolen as I've read that this year Honda is the most stolen car, and I really cannot afford another car, and being I'm a "senior citizen" I may have it forever.. I change the oil and filters twice a year even though I don't do the miles.. I fix every little thing that goes wrong as soon as it happens and my car is in, what I consider, excellent condition, but according to the BB it's "very good"."

great car, new one coming in---one has to go

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

"I have owned this car for six years, and it has been a very reliable car. When repairs were necessary, they were done with quality parts. timimg belt, radiator, spark plugs, nothing major. Very dependable, and easy on the gas. When using cruise control on the highway it takes the hills as if they were not there. the four cylinder is a very good engine."

good car

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "long lasting"

Cons: "no pw/pl"

"good car"

1995 Accord Coupe lx 5speed smooth and fun

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Powertrain, comfort, ergonomics"

Cons: "To much fixed lumbar support. loose steering wheel"

"At first I thought buying an LX trim level would be regretful because of the lack of vtec, however when I first drove it I was very impressed by the 130 horse power engine. It had plenty of get up and go especially with the 5 speed. It road smoother than my moms Acura tsx, of course with less handling capability. Everything felt geared towards the driver. Not to small, not to big, everything was in reach and didn't look odd. Ex: 2002 Ford Focus sedann I love it!"

Still Running!!

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable reliability"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"I have driven this car since new and have since put over 510,000 km's (317,000miles) on it. I have been through a few timing belts, 2 radiators, 1 master cylinder, and several mufflers. All the regular things you would expect to replace on any vehicle but to date nothing major has ever been replaced. This car has never let me down! Cup holders would have been nice...but I figured it out!"

Very durable.

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Nice car. Got my money's worth."

Cons: "Exterior paint fading."

"Bought this car brand new. The exterior paint fading is my only regret - this started happening approximately in the 9th year of ownership."

First Car: Still Hanging On

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Low cost maintenance, mileage, durability"

Cons: "Preventative maintenance"

"I have owned this car for over seven years now, it was my first car and I have never had any major problems with it. I would say that this car is a very reliable and durable car, as it has survived my teen driving era. I have the manual transmission model which has a very durable clutch as I am still driving on the original clutch at 220,000 miles. I highly recommend this car to anybody, from first time drivers to the daily commuter looking for low cost maintenance and high mileage car. For the maintenance savvy drivers: most problems related to this car have to deal with the front wheels/hub assemblies. The lower ball joints are known to break while driving so preventative maintenance is encouraged. The wheel bearings are machine pressed into the hub assembly so plan for that. The rotors are also not a typical task as they are attached on the backside of the hub assembly meaning the CV axle has to be detached in order to remove the rotors. The engine itself is solid, I have never had a hiccup or any kind of problem with the engine and it still holds its gas mileage to this day. Despite these minor issues, this car is great for anybody."

This car and I have been through a lot together.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"We have gone through snow storms, hurricanes and everything else together and it keeps on going. It's easy to park and a joy to drive. I've had it for almost 20 years and it definitely has a personality of it's own. I just bought anther Honda"

A member of our family since 1997

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Was expensive in 1997 but lasted a long time"

Cons: "Air conditioner"

"This car has been with my family for 17 years! I taught 5 kids to drive in Betsy and she has been very faithful and reliable. I did all the maintenance and the only issue was a recall on the starter that Honda paid for."

have had this car since 1995

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "no major troubles with it for 20 years"

Cons: "none thing"

"so far no major troubles with it at all until now. cruise control is not working any more radio is starting to mess up but what can you expect after almost 20 years. no leaks in the engine still runs great. i have keep up on all the required maintenance stuff. so i very happy with it. starting to look a new cars not sure i want to part with the one i have now"

Has all up to date maintenance.excellent condition

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Super condition"

"90% perfect with 96000 miles"

Best car I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Brought the car new, best vehicle investment ever. Followed the owners manual maintenance schedule, no major problems."

Best Vehicle of all Time

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Effecient, Fast, low cost"

Cons: "paint job faded badly after 13 years."

"They really broke the mold when Honda made the 1997 Accord EX. I purchased this car in September of 1997 with 28 miles on it. I have owned it for 17 years and have put 270,000. I purchased the 5 speed manual transmission with cloth interior. This is an odd combination for the EX models, which mostly were automatics and leather-like interior. The car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and the most important part is that I trust it to take us where we need to go. Even after 17 years, the 5 speed transmission is fast. There have been only minor mechanical issues with it - the check engine light came on at 245,000 miles and the dealership had a hard time identifying the issue. Took it elsewhere where they were quickly able to resolve. My only minor complains are that the paint has faded badly over the last 4 years (but I live in Texas, so the sun is powerful on paint jobs), and it is too costly at this point after 17 years to get the Air conditioning fixed and the oil leak. I love this car like it was my child and believe it is the best car ever made."

Most reliable car of more than 10 I've owned

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the $$"

Cons: "Not sporty"

"Very comfortable to drive; excellent interior materials that have held up for 18 years & look almost new; super reliable; 25 MPG for local & 30 MPG on highway; 1996 Honda Accord is a great car for people looking to spend less than 10 percent of the price of a new comparable car"

My first was a black Honda Prelude/I love Hondas!!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Cigarette lighter needs repairf"

"This past year, I've replaced the engine,( So the mileage is better than listed,) timing belt with all new hoses, the complete starter with extras, the transmission,with new O2 sensor, completely new Power Steering pump, belts, etc and all 4 tires and rims are matching with two the rear tires fairly new with road hazard warning, and the two front are new, within a matter of weeks. Frankly, I've replaced just about everything that could go wrong to the tune of $3500 but of course, I realize I can't ask that for it. Make me an offer?"

My Favorite Car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Rust"

"I purchased this car used in 2003 for $4,500 with 54,000 miles on it. The woman I purchase it from told me that it was her "favorite car" but that her husband purchased a new car for her every ten years. I'd had a lot trouble with my previous used cars. At the time, I was looking for something to last me the next 4 or 5 years. It is now 2014 and I still drive my Accord every day. This car has outperformed all of my expectations and I love driving it! The only major downside is the rust; the majority of the repairs and replacements I have had to make are due to rust and I can take it through a carwash in fear that I am going to lose a piece or two. The interior is in great condition though a few lights have gone out on the dash and the radio takes a while to tune in... AC still blows cold, engine keeps going. Progressive styling (for 1994) hides it's true age. Still very comfortable for long road trips. Handles alright on ice with snow tires. I am no longer a poor student and can afford a new vehicle but I can't let go of a car that has served me so well."

Good reliable car for daughter at college.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, good gas mileage, great a/c."

Cons: "Squeaky seats for some reason."

"Bought car for daughter and has been very reliable. Only needed normal servicing like tires, battery and exhaust system. Car now has 136K on it and ready to upgrade. Friend is buying the car next month for a steal at $1000."

Great car ,drives great, has power & great on gas!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great on gas. great reliabilty,looks great,comfort"

Cons: "needs to come standard with rear spoiler."

"I have owned Hondas now for several years & I highly recommend anyone getting one. Hondas can usually be sold well above Kelly blue book value because they are always in high demand. I love these cars because if you keep the oil changed,belts etc they will go even beyond 300,000 miles on the engine! my last Honda was over 300,00. I added a rear spoiler to my accord lx & made it look even better. yes get a Honda accord! def a great buy if the person that had the car before you has taken care of it :)"

Great for price

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliability to about 100k, is 17 yr old"

Cons: "major maintenance 90k-110k, 17 yr old"

"Have owned since new, 17 yrs. Had regular maintenance done, until need catalytic converter done by dealer with a recall, so no charge. Then timing belt done at 100K, which was a kit and water pump replaced then with kit. Only lasted 5 yrs, water pump went 2 wks ago, and replaced rest of belts with it. In between time, had to replace both front, rt. then left CV boot/axles. Had to replace radiator Dec. 2013. Since retired, mostly local driving, but several times a week,been on several road trips in the past, but not last 5 yrs. Has basically been reliable until last 5-6 yr, 10-15k miles. Looking to sell now. BIGGEST problem initially was paint peeling off and dealer/rep. would do nothing. Now dealers say they are using a better paint/clear coat in 2000's + vehicles. Mine needs paint job, never been wrecked, either."

1993 Honda - Very reliable

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to maintain, operate and insure."

Cons: "Its old. Typical old car noises."

1993 Honda Accord

"Purchased new and passed down within the family. Property tax is zero in my area. Insurance is very low. Gets 29 mpg. Mechanic commented that the vehicle has no underbody rust and was in his opinion in excellent condition. New radio and speakers. New calipers, brakes, master cylinder. New radiator, condenser, timing belt and other miscellaneous engine parts. Runs well except the cruise control has stopped working for some unknown reason. Never been in an accident. One spot of rust behind driver side read door - repairable. Original, dealer service manual will be provided to the buyer."

1993 Honda Accord

A Classic

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "4cyl 2.2 145hp VTEC, power everything, reliable"

Cons: "Heavy, VSS, Speedo, Timing Belt"

"This car is reliable, well engineered and fast. Easy to find aftermarket performance upgrades and fun to drive."

Keeps on running

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable with great mpg"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This car has been owned and passed down through my family since around 1995. We have never had to make any serious repairs. It keeps running without any problems. I get 30-35 mpg. This has been a great first car which I will drive until it will not run anymore."

Bought Sept 9, 1993.....dealer maintained

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "How can I complain about anything?"

"I've had my car dealer-maintained since its purchase in Sept 1993, and everything about it is original with the exception of the back bumper and hood. Most of the car has its original paint job. The car is now my trademark. I intend on making sure it receives its well-deserved antique plates in a few years."

My Official 1st Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"I've had this car for almost a year and a half and it has stuck by me! I was a little skeptical after my true first car only lasted about 3 months, then the transmission blew. So I didn't want to spend 2000 on a 1997 Honda, but the seller would not go down on the price after asking him a number of times. Now I understand why by all the work he put into the car. I've only had to get shocks replaced and a new radiator. Everything else has been regular oil changes. I'm so happy I got a good find this time around. Anyone looking to get a new/used vehicle, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC TO INSPECT THE CAR BEFORE PURCHASE."