1994 Honda Accord

Based on 796 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

1995 Accord Coupe lx 5speed smooth and fun

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Powertrain, comfort, ergonomics"

Cons: "To much fixed lumbar support. loose steering wheel"

"At first I thought buying an LX trim level would be regretful because of the lack of vtec, however when I first drove it I was very impressed by the 130 horse power engine. It had plenty of get up and go especially with the 5 speed. It road smoother than my moms Acura tsx, of course with less handling capability. Everything felt geared towards the driver. Not to small, not to big, everything was in reach and didn't look odd. Ex: 2002 Ford Focus sedann I love it!"

Still Running!!

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Unbeatable reliability"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"I have driven this car since new and have since put over 510,000 km's (317,000miles) on it. I have been through a few timing belts, 2 radiators, 1 master cylinder, and several mufflers. All the regular things you would expect to replace on any vehicle but to date nothing major has ever been replaced. This car has never let me down! Cup holders would have been nice...but I figured it out!"

Very durable.

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Nice car. Got my money's worth."

Cons: "Exterior paint fading."

"Bought this car brand new. The exterior paint fading is my only regret - this started happening approximately in the 9th year of ownership."

First Car: Still Hanging On

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Low cost maintenance, mileage, durability"

Cons: "Preventative maintenance"

"I have owned this car for over seven years now, it was my first car and I have never had any major problems with it. I would say that this car is a very reliable and durable car, as it has survived my teen driving era. I have the manual transmission model which has a very durable clutch as I am still driving on the original clutch at 220,000 miles. I highly recommend this car to anybody, from first time drivers to the daily commuter looking for low cost maintenance and high mileage car. For the maintenance savvy drivers: most problems related to this car have to deal with the front wheels/hub assemblies. The lower ball joints are known to break while driving so preventative maintenance is encouraged. The wheel bearings are machine pressed into the hub assembly so plan for that. The rotors are also not a typical task as they are attached on the backside of the hub assembly meaning the CV axle has to be detached in order to remove the rotors. The engine itself is solid, I have never had a hiccup or any kind of problem with the engine and it still holds its gas mileage to this day. Despite these minor issues, this car is great for anybody."

This car and I have been through a lot together.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"We have gone through snow storms, hurricanes and everything else together and it keeps on going. It's easy to park and a joy to drive. I've had it for almost 20 years and it definitely has a personality of it's own. I just bought anther Honda"

A member of our family since 1997

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Was expensive in 1997 but lasted a long time"

Cons: "Air conditioner"

"This car has been with my family for 17 years! I taught 5 kids to drive in Betsy and she has been very faithful and reliable. I did all the maintenance and the only issue was a recall on the starter that Honda paid for."

have had this car since 1995

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "no major troubles with it for 20 years"

Cons: "none thing"

"so far no major troubles with it at all until now. cruise control is not working any more radio is starting to mess up but what can you expect after almost 20 years. no leaks in the engine still runs great. i have keep up on all the required maintenance stuff. so i very happy with it. starting to look a new cars not sure i want to part with the one i have now"

Has all up to date maintenance.excellent condition

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Super condition"

"90% perfect with 96000 miles"

Best car I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Brought the car new, best vehicle investment ever. Followed the owners manual maintenance schedule, no major problems."

Best Vehicle of all Time

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Effecient, Fast, low cost"

Cons: "paint job faded badly after 13 years."

"They really broke the mold when Honda made the 1997 Accord EX. I purchased this car in September of 1997 with 28 miles on it. I have owned it for 17 years and have put 270,000. I purchased the 5 speed manual transmission with cloth interior. This is an odd combination for the EX models, which mostly were automatics and leather-like interior. The car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and the most important part is that I trust it to take us where we need to go. Even after 17 years, the 5 speed transmission is fast. There have been only minor mechanical issues with it - the check engine light came on at 245,000 miles and the dealership had a hard time identifying the issue. Took it elsewhere where they were quickly able to resolve. My only minor complains are that the paint has faded badly over the last 4 years (but I live in Texas, so the sun is powerful on paint jobs), and it is too costly at this point after 17 years to get the Air conditioning fixed and the oil leak. I love this car like it was my child and believe it is the best car ever made."