1994 Honda Accord

Based on 807 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

340,000 miles and still going strong

By on Friday, June 12, 2009

"I bought my 97 Accord LX wagon 5 speed new in 1997... That was 340,000 miles ago and the car is still running great. Expect to go another 100-200K. Have had very few things go wrong. Had to replace the SRS unit (airbag brain), aside from that it's been normal wear items (brakes, exhaust, battery, etc.). The A/C compressor seized a couple of years ago, but I decided not to fix it (don't really need it in Maine). Overall it's been a fantastic car- by far the best I've ever had."

My most trusted steed on wheels!

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Great Quality Drive; Ageless Beauty; a True Value"

Cons: "Lack of security system; few disfunctional quirks"

"Bought new nearly 20 yrs. ago and have been fully satisfied with it ever since. Has exceptional turning radius, incredibly versatile, easy to adjust/customize seats for impeccable viewing/safety and comfort. Economical and easy to run & maintain. Has always earned my confidence and proven to be an excellent investment in reliable quality transportation. Lots of Fun to drive too! Will continue to drive for many years to come & will be proud to put Antique License plates on this trusty sedan in about 5 yrs. I fully endorse this as the most exceptional vehicle I've ever owned."

My 5th Honda

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

"Needed a reliable car. Found this one 3 years ago, Had 143,000 miles when I bought it. It has 216,000 now. Never had any problems, Just regular maintenance. Bought it for $3,400. put about a little over thousand dollars a little at a time into it,Like tires, timing belt,water pump,radiator, few hoses, regular stuff that goes out. My mechanic says Engine is excellent and should last at least til 300,000.I love driving it and sometimes I forget how old this car really is. All my Honda's have been GREAT."

Great Car for the money!

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"I have owned three Honda's over the last 15 years. The older Honda's seem to be better built than the new one's. I just recently replaced the transmission in my 2004 Pilot, but my 1997 Accord is still going strong. I'd like a new car, but it's hard to give up a vehicle that's paid for when it is in such good shape and reliable. I purchased the car when it was four years old and I've been EXTREMELY satisfied with my purchase."

Reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "radio, low seats, loud on highway."

"I have this car for 2 years and bought with 127000 miles on it. I have traveled to wisconsin, chicago, nebraska multiple time from waterloo, iowa. Great in gas and very comfortable to drive even though I do not have cruise control on it. Very roomy inside compared to other competitors of the same class. This car will never leave you on the road and you will have to sell it before it starts giving you problems. Paint is fair and there are little rusts on the body, but it is due to the age. Good car to commute or to buy for your teenager."