1994 Honda Accord

Based on 793 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

First Car: Still Hanging On

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Low cost maintenance, mileage, durability"

Cons: "Preventative maintenance"

"I have owned this car for over seven years now, it was my first car and I have never had any major problems with it. I would say that this car is a very reliable and durable car, as it has survived my teen driving era. I have the manual transmission model which has a very durable clutch as I am still driving on the original clutch at 220,000 miles. I highly recommend this car to anybody, from first time drivers to the daily commuter looking for low cost maintenance and high mileage car. For the maintenance savvy drivers: most problems related to this car have to deal with the front wheels/hub assemblies. The lower ball joints are known to break while driving so preventative maintenance is encouraged. The wheel bearings are machine pressed into the hub assembly so plan for that. The rotors are also not a typical task as they are attached on the backside of the hub assembly meaning the CV axle has to be detached in order to remove the rotors. The engine itself is solid, I have never had a hiccup or any kind of problem with the engine and it still holds its gas mileage to this day. Despite these minor issues, this car is great for anybody."

This car and I have been through a lot together.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"We have gone through snow storms, hurricanes and everything else together and it keeps on going. It's easy to park and a joy to drive. I've had it for almost 20 years and it definitely has a personality of it's own. I just bought anther Honda"

A member of our family since 1997

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Was expensive in 1997 but lasted a long time"

Cons: "Air conditioner"

"This car has been with my family for 17 years! I taught 5 kids to drive in Betsy and she has been very faithful and reliable. I did all the maintenance and the only issue was a recall on the starter that Honda paid for."

have had this car since 1995

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "no major troubles with it for 20 years"

Cons: "none thing"

"so far no major troubles with it at all until now. cruise control is not working any more radio is starting to mess up but what can you expect after almost 20 years. no leaks in the engine still runs great. i have keep up on all the required maintenance stuff. so i very happy with it. starting to look a new cars not sure i want to part with the one i have now"

Has all up to date maintenance.excellent condition

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Super condition"

"90% perfect with 96000 miles"

Best car I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Brought the car new, best vehicle investment ever. Followed the owners manual maintenance schedule, no major problems."

Best Vehicle of all Time

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Effecient, Fast, low cost"

Cons: "paint job faded badly after 13 years."

"They really broke the mold when Honda made the 1997 Accord EX. I purchased this car in September of 1997 with 28 miles on it. I have owned it for 17 years and have put 270,000. I purchased the 5 speed manual transmission with cloth interior. This is an odd combination for the EX models, which mostly were automatics and leather-like interior. The car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and the most important part is that I trust it to take us where we need to go. Even after 17 years, the 5 speed transmission is fast. There have been only minor mechanical issues with it - the check engine light came on at 245,000 miles and the dealership had a hard time identifying the issue. Took it elsewhere where they were quickly able to resolve. My only minor complains are that the paint has faded badly over the last 4 years (but I live in Texas, so the sun is powerful on paint jobs), and it is too costly at this point after 17 years to get the Air conditioning fixed and the oil leak. I love this car like it was my child and believe it is the best car ever made."

Most reliable car of more than 10 I've owned

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the $$"

Cons: "Not sporty"

"Very comfortable to drive; excellent interior materials that have held up for 18 years & look almost new; super reliable; 25 MPG for local & 30 MPG on highway; 1996 Honda Accord is a great car for people looking to spend less than 10 percent of the price of a new comparable car"

My first was a black Honda Prelude/I love Hondas!!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Cigarette lighter needs repairf"

"This past year, I've replaced the engine,( So the mileage is better than listed,) timing belt with all new hoses, the complete starter with extras, the transmission,with new O2 sensor, completely new Power Steering pump, belts, etc and all 4 tires and rims are matching with two the rear tires fairly new with road hazard warning, and the two front are new, within a matter of weeks. Frankly, I've replaced just about everything that could go wrong to the tune of $3500 but of course, I realize I can't ask that for it. Make me an offer?"

My Favorite Car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Rust"

"I purchased this car used in 2003 for $4,500 with 54,000 miles on it. The woman I purchase it from told me that it was her "favorite car" but that her husband purchased a new car for her every ten years. I'd had a lot trouble with my previous used cars. At the time, I was looking for something to last me the next 4 or 5 years. It is now 2014 and I still drive my Accord every day. This car has outperformed all of my expectations and I love driving it! The only major downside is the rust; the majority of the repairs and replacements I have had to make are due to rust and I can take it through a carwash in fear that I am going to lose a piece or two. The interior is in great condition though a few lights have gone out on the dash and the radio takes a while to tune in... AC still blows cold, engine keeps going. Progressive styling (for 1994) hides it's true age. Still very comfortable for long road trips. Handles alright on ice with snow tires. I am no longer a poor student and can afford a new vehicle but I can't let go of a car that has served me so well."

Good reliable car for daughter at college.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, good gas mileage, great a/c."

Cons: "Squeaky seats for some reason."

"Bought car for daughter and has been very reliable. Only needed normal servicing like tires, battery and exhaust system. Car now has 136K on it and ready to upgrade. Friend is buying the car next month for a steal at $1000."

Great car ,drives great, has power & great on gas!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great on gas. great reliabilty,looks great,comfort"

Cons: "needs to come standard with rear spoiler."

"I have owned Hondas now for several years & I highly recommend anyone getting one. Hondas can usually be sold well above Kelly blue book value because they are always in high demand. I love these cars because if you keep the oil changed,belts etc they will go even beyond 300,000 miles on the engine! my last Honda was over 300,00. I added a rear spoiler to my accord lx & made it look even better. yes get a Honda accord! def a great buy if the person that had the car before you has taken care of it :)"

Great for price

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliability to about 100k, is 17 yr old"

Cons: "major maintenance 90k-110k, 17 yr old"

"Have owned since new, 17 yrs. Had regular maintenance done, until need catalytic converter done by dealer with a recall, so no charge. Then timing belt done at 100K, which was a kit and water pump replaced then with kit. Only lasted 5 yrs, water pump went 2 wks ago, and replaced rest of belts with it. In between time, had to replace both front, rt. then left CV boot/axles. Had to replace radiator Dec. 2013. Since retired, mostly local driving, but several times a week,been on several road trips in the past, but not last 5 yrs. Has basically been reliable until last 5-6 yr, 10-15k miles. Looking to sell now. BIGGEST problem initially was paint peeling off and dealer/rep. would do nothing. Now dealers say they are using a better paint/clear coat in 2000's + vehicles. Mine needs paint job, never been wrecked, either."

1993 Honda - Very reliable

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to maintain, operate and insure."

Cons: "Its old. Typical old car noises."

1993 Honda Accord

"Purchased new and passed down within the family. Property tax is zero in my area. Insurance is very low. Gets 29 mpg. Mechanic commented that the vehicle has no underbody rust and was in his opinion in excellent condition. New radio and speakers. New calipers, brakes, master cylinder. New radiator, condenser, timing belt and other miscellaneous engine parts. Runs well except the cruise control has stopped working for some unknown reason. Never been in an accident. One spot of rust behind driver side read door - repairable. Original, dealer service manual will be provided to the buyer."

1993 Honda Accord

A Classic

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "4cyl 2.2 145hp VTEC, power everything, reliable"

Cons: "Heavy, VSS, Speedo, Timing Belt"

"This car is reliable, well engineered and fast. Easy to find aftermarket performance upgrades and fun to drive."

Keeps on running

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable with great mpg"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This car has been owned and passed down through my family since around 1995. We have never had to make any serious repairs. It keeps running without any problems. I get 30-35 mpg. This has been a great first car which I will drive until it will not run anymore."

Bought Sept 9, 1993.....dealer maintained

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "How can I complain about anything?"

"I've had my car dealer-maintained since its purchase in Sept 1993, and everything about it is original with the exception of the back bumper and hood. Most of the car has its original paint job. The car is now my trademark. I intend on making sure it receives its well-deserved antique plates in a few years."

My Official 1st Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"I've had this car for almost a year and a half and it has stuck by me! I was a little skeptical after my true first car only lasted about 3 months, then the transmission blew. So I didn't want to spend 2000 on a 1997 Honda, but the seller would not go down on the price after asking him a number of times. Now I understand why by all the work he put into the car. I've only had to get shocks replaced and a new radiator. Everything else has been regular oil changes. I'm so happy I got a good find this time around. Anyone looking to get a new/used vehicle, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC TO INSPECT THE CAR BEFORE PURCHASE."

I love this car ! My friends sold it to me.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price, moon roof electric sliding-so nice"

Cons: "Not sporty-no air bags"

"I had a truck that I sold. My friends wanted me to have their extra car. So comfortable. I have replaced the muffler, A/C, tires. I've had it 3+ yrs. Great buy and it will go on forever (I'm told!) I bought it when it had 198K miles on it. It only has 208K now. ...and that is in 3yrs. 8 months!"

Totally rebuilt minus the engine itself

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "should go another 100k easily, transmission good f"

Cons: "window tinting needs replacement"

"I have rebuilt this car over the past 8 years and have invested 12K in original Honda parts and service the engine still in great condition. Eventually that is the only item I would replace but I expect it to go to 300k new motor mounts, new struts, evaporative core , brakes ac, distributor, alternator,"

Cannot give it up

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "What a perfect car..."

Cons: "Just getting old...."

"As my car now has 212K miles on it, I was in the market for a new car. Nothing comes close to this baby. It is so open with superb visibility. It is so light. Handles snow and ice like a pro. NEVER let me down in 15 years! Gives me 30 mpg overall! Things missing are technology and stuff which I really would like. Also the 50 mpg Accord Hybrid sounds very interesting."

Bulletproof

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great v-tec engine, fast, a/c, dependable, value"

Cons: "paint defects/rust issues"

"this car was used I bought it for $5,258.00 and have never had a problem out of it drove my Accord all over the country never left me stranded. I got the ex sedan so has cloth seats, sunroof, alloy wheels with wheel covers, 4 wheel disc brakes and V-tec engine. This car has the best acceleration very powerful on the main highways with most best fuel economy gets from it. It might be a rust bucket the exterior paint is faded bad on hood mostly and roof is worst I found out that this is very common on older Honda cars but they are very reliable for a long time with high maintenance and fluids serviced every 4000 miles. I love my car still going very strong without no mechanical problems purrs like a kitten and fast little car that is reliable and excellent. Transmission shifts smoothly and seats are comfortable at times if driving a longer distance can be uncomfortable getting tired quickly other than that a excellent vehicle. I'm looking to get it paint this summer because starting to look bad still runs/drives excellent on a great ride have from it and air conditioner is ice cold wish had a climate control system but still feels like driving a brand new car every time have that happy feeling riding around my 1996 Accord EX sedan love it to death. If this car gets to the point don't last longer my next car will be a Honda because these vehicles are very bulletproof and last a very longer time but make sure watch out on the paint defects which is more common on these cars especially the Accords from this year I see lots of them rusting just liked the one I own but a remarkably good reliable car getting you from Point A to B at anytime. LOVE HONDA FOR FOREVER."

Looking a junk dealer

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Replaced engine and radiator"

Cons: "Needs new a/c compressor & trans cont module"

"This is a 1992 Honda EX not a 1994 Tire are new, new paint, no dents"

Like the Everready Bunny

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Transmission, reliability, maint, driving in snow."

Cons: "Exterior rust-proofing."

"My 1st Honda Accord, and probably not my last. Starts up the 1st time every time. During this past winter was my car of choice (FWD) to take it through the ice/snow; no problems. Has 232K+ miles however, feels like it's ready for another 100K (proper maintenance always a plus). I've noticed that there is a rust issue on these cars around the passenger exterior wheel well area; plan on fixing that issue myself when the warmer weax arrives. Not very fast on initial acceleration however, maintains quality/necessary speed after approx 5 seconds (50-60 MPH). Gas mileage is average to slightly above avg for this make, model, and year. Xmission still runs very smooth however, evident that it's not of new shifting condition. Passenger tie rod replacement due in the near future; I may take it on or just have my mechanic resolve. Overall, very happy with the 96 Accord LX. Would definitely purchase again."

Only car I ever had up until now.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Reason: Finally died and we decided to scrap it.

Pros: "Lasts FOREVER with proper care. Always starts."

Cons: "When it breaks, it BREAKS."

"Bought in 1996, drove it as the only family car. Odometer died at 800,000 miles, still ran. Speedometer died a year later, kept running it until I could afford the new car. Estimated it at about 1.2 Million miles. Loved it 'til the end. Scrapped it and wish I still had it as a family heirloom."