1994 Honda Accord

Based on 784 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

My Favorite Car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Rust"

"I purchased this car used in 2003 for $4,500 with 54,000 miles on it. The woman I purchase it from told me that it was her "favorite car" but that her husband purchased a new car for her every ten years. I'd had a lot trouble with my previous used cars. At the time, I was looking for something to last me the next 4 or 5 years. It is now 2014 and I still drive my Accord every day. This car has outperformed all of my expectations and I love driving it! The only major downside is the rust; the majority of the repairs and replacements I have had to make are due to rust and I can take it through a carwash in fear that I am going to lose a piece or two. The interior is in great condition though a few lights have gone out on the dash and the radio takes a while to tune in... AC still blows cold, engine keeps going. Progressive styling (for 1994) hides it's true age. Still very comfortable for long road trips. Handles alright on ice with snow tires. I am no longer a poor student and can afford a new vehicle but I can't let go of a car that has served me so well."

Good reliable car for daughter at college.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, good gas mileage, great a/c."

Cons: "Squeaky seats for some reason."

"Bought car for daughter and has been very reliable. Only needed normal servicing like tires, battery and exhaust system. Car now has 136K on it and ready to upgrade. Friend is buying the car next month for a steal at $1000."

Great car ,drives great, has power & great on gas!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great on gas. great reliabilty,looks great,comfort"

Cons: "needs to come standard with rear spoiler."

"I have owned Hondas now for several years & I highly recommend anyone getting one. Hondas can usually be sold well above Kelly blue book value because they are always in high demand. I love these cars because if you keep the oil changed,belts etc they will go even beyond 300,000 miles on the engine! my last Honda was over 300,00. I added a rear spoiler to my accord lx & made it look even better. yes get a Honda accord! def a great buy if the person that had the car before you has taken care of it :)"

Great for price

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliability to about 100k, is 17 yr old"

Cons: "major maintenance 90k-110k, 17 yr old"

"Have owned since new, 17 yrs. Had regular maintenance done, until need catalytic converter done by dealer with a recall, so no charge. Then timing belt done at 100K, which was a kit and water pump replaced then with kit. Only lasted 5 yrs, water pump went 2 wks ago, and replaced rest of belts with it. In between time, had to replace both front, rt. then left CV boot/axles. Had to replace radiator Dec. 2013. Since retired, mostly local driving, but several times a week,been on several road trips in the past, but not last 5 yrs. Has basically been reliable until last 5-6 yr, 10-15k miles. Looking to sell now. BIGGEST problem initially was paint peeling off and dealer/rep. would do nothing. Now dealers say they are using a better paint/clear coat in 2000's + vehicles. Mine needs paint job, never been wrecked, either."

1993 Honda - Very reliable

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to maintain, operate and insure."

Cons: "Its old. Typical old car noises."

1993 Honda Accord

"Purchased new and passed down within the family. Property tax is zero in my area. Insurance is very low. Gets 29 mpg. Mechanic commented that the vehicle has no underbody rust and was in his opinion in excellent condition. New radio and speakers. New calipers, brakes, master cylinder. New radiator, condenser, timing belt and other miscellaneous engine parts. Runs well except the cruise control has stopped working for some unknown reason. Never been in an accident. One spot of rust behind driver side read door - repairable. Original, dealer service manual will be provided to the buyer."

1993 Honda Accord

A Classic

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "4cyl 2.2 145hp VTEC, power everything, reliable"

Cons: "Heavy, VSS, Speedo, Timing Belt"

"This car is reliable, well engineered and fast. Easy to find aftermarket performance upgrades and fun to drive."

Keeps on running

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable with great mpg"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This car has been owned and passed down through my family since around 1995. We have never had to make any serious repairs. It keeps running without any problems. I get 30-35 mpg. This has been a great first car which I will drive until it will not run anymore."

Bought Sept 9, 1993.....dealer maintained

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "How can I complain about anything?"

"I've had my car dealer-maintained since its purchase in Sept 1993, and everything about it is original with the exception of the back bumper and hood. Most of the car has its original paint job. The car is now my trademark. I intend on making sure it receives its well-deserved antique plates in a few years."

My Official 1st Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"I've had this car for almost a year and a half and it has stuck by me! I was a little skeptical after my true first car only lasted about 3 months, then the transmission blew. So I didn't want to spend 2000 on a 1997 Honda, but the seller would not go down on the price after asking him a number of times. Now I understand why by all the work he put into the car. I've only had to get shocks replaced and a new radiator. Everything else has been regular oil changes. I'm so happy I got a good find this time around. Anyone looking to get a new/used vehicle, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC TO INSPECT THE CAR BEFORE PURCHASE."

I love this car ! My friends sold it to me.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price, moon roof electric sliding-so nice"

Cons: "Not sporty-no air bags"

"I had a truck that I sold. My friends wanted me to have their extra car. So comfortable. I have replaced the muffler, A/C, tires. I've had it 3+ yrs. Great buy and it will go on forever (I'm told!) I bought it when it had 198K miles on it. It only has 208K now. ...and that is in 3yrs. 8 months!"

Totally rebuilt minus the engine itself

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "should go another 100k easily, transmission good f"

Cons: "window tinting needs replacement"

"I have rebuilt this car over the past 8 years and have invested 12K in original Honda parts and service the engine still in great condition. Eventually that is the only item I would replace but I expect it to go to 300k new motor mounts, new struts, evaporative core , brakes ac, distributor, alternator,"

Cannot give it up

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "What a perfect car..."

Cons: "Just getting old...."

"As my car now has 212K miles on it, I was in the market for a new car. Nothing comes close to this baby. It is so open with superb visibility. It is so light. Handles snow and ice like a pro. NEVER let me down in 15 years! Gives me 30 mpg overall! Things missing are technology and stuff which I really would like. Also the 50 mpg Accord Hybrid sounds very interesting."

Bulletproof

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great v-tec engine, fast, a/c, dependable, value"

Cons: "paint defects/rust issues"

"this car was used I bought it for $5,258.00 and have never had a problem out of it drove my Accord all over the country never left me stranded. I got the ex sedan so has cloth seats, sunroof, alloy wheels with wheel covers, 4 wheel disc brakes and V-tec engine. This car has the best acceleration very powerful on the main highways with most best fuel economy gets from it. It might be a rust bucket the exterior paint is faded bad on hood mostly and roof is worst I found out that this is very common on older Honda cars but they are very reliable for a long time with high maintenance and fluids serviced every 4000 miles. I love my car still going very strong without no mechanical problems purrs like a kitten and fast little car that is reliable and excellent. Transmission shifts smoothly and seats are comfortable at times if driving a longer distance can be uncomfortable getting tired quickly other than that a excellent vehicle. I'm looking to get it paint this summer because starting to look bad still runs/drives excellent on a great ride have from it and air conditioner is ice cold wish had a climate control system but still feels like driving a brand new car every time have that happy feeling riding around my 1996 Accord EX sedan love it to death. If this car gets to the point don't last longer my next car will be a Honda because these vehicles are very bulletproof and last a very longer time but make sure watch out on the paint defects which is more common on these cars especially the Accords from this year I see lots of them rusting just liked the one I own but a remarkably good reliable car getting you from Point A to B at anytime. LOVE HONDA FOR FOREVER."

Looking a junk dealer

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Replaced engine and radiator"

Cons: "Needs new a/c compressor & trans cont module"

"This is a 1992 Honda EX not a 1994 Tire are new, new paint, no dents"

Like the Everready Bunny

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Transmission, reliability, maint, driving in snow."

Cons: "Exterior rust-proofing."

"My 1st Honda Accord, and probably not my last. Starts up the 1st time every time. During this past winter was my car of choice (FWD) to take it through the ice/snow; no problems. Has 232K+ miles however, feels like it's ready for another 100K (proper maintenance always a plus). I've noticed that there is a rust issue on these cars around the passenger exterior wheel well area; plan on fixing that issue myself when the warmer weax arrives. Not very fast on initial acceleration however, maintains quality/necessary speed after approx 5 seconds (50-60 MPH). Gas mileage is average to slightly above avg for this make, model, and year. Xmission still runs very smooth however, evident that it's not of new shifting condition. Passenger tie rod replacement due in the near future; I may take it on or just have my mechanic resolve. Overall, very happy with the 96 Accord LX. Would definitely purchase again."

Only car I ever had up until now.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Reason: Finally died and we decided to scrap it.

Pros: "Lasts FOREVER with proper care. Always starts."

Cons: "When it breaks, it BREAKS."

"Bought in 1996, drove it as the only family car. Odometer died at 800,000 miles, still ran. Speedometer died a year later, kept running it until I could afford the new car. Estimated it at about 1.2 Million miles. Loved it 'til the end. Scrapped it and wish I still had it as a family heirloom."

Great car - recommended

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "value filled"

Cons: "paint fades"

"Love this car. bought it used with 69000 miles. reliable, great for low cost driving."

Served me well for 16 years

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"It's a great car runners really well"

Great car but I don't have the money.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Sun roof, Driving,Dark windows"

Cons: "very old cables, no cup holders"

"I love it but I don't have the money to replace everything. I bought a new battery, radiator and the tires are less then a year old but its the little simple thing that are going out. Now something intervening with the battery. I check the alternator its good, oil is good, new windshield wipers, great paint job and it a fast car."

Good car, great gas mileage, has power

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Great gas, has power"

Cons: "Sits really low to the ground"

"Good little bucket car. Not the most luxury even for a ex, but gives you what you need. Reliable and fast."

I love this car

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage."

"Drove form NC to PA and back with no problems. Even with this mileage the car is ever dependable."

Reliable but expensive

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Reason: Need major engine repairs

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Needed major repair"

"I had my honda for 2 years and put 40k on it. I went to get a regular oil change and the company simply told me this car in its condition was unsafe for anyone to drive. The radiator hoses were leaking causing it to over heat, it had a major oil leak that took 1 quart in 20 miles of driving, needed shocks struts, also had a manufacture recall on the ignition switch. Caused the car to stop running at random times of driving and then wouldnt start back up. Got it replaced and as soon as i drove off the Honda dealers lot it happened again! Over all had fun with my car and the engine was in great shape despite the oil leaks!"

Great car. Super reliable.

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Most reliable car ever made."

Cons: "No cup holders"

"Oil is still clear after 4,000 miles. Runs like new. Drives great. Just drove it from Alaska to Utah to Colorado to Minnesota without a single problem."

Everything you expect from a Honda

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Cheap, RELIABLE"

Cons: "Maybe too plain for some people"

"My Accord has had 2 things fail in it's entire life: the odometer and just this week the starter. I am absolutely positive this car has well over 200k on it but does not act like it at all. After crossing the entire nation north to south, east to west, the only failure it's ever had is far from fatal. It can be fun to drive if you make it. It definitely doesn't shy away from curvy back roads and is in fact quite fun to drive on winding roads if you go a little faster than a responsible driver should (only speaking for the manual transmission). Its good on gas, not civic good, but good. You can get them for the change in your pocket these days. I have a manual coupe so it looks a little sportier and gives you a little more sporty drive experience. I personally like the way it looks, it isn't standout-ish or loud, but it looks sharp (again, only speaking for the coupe). It is absolutely bullet proof as far as reliability. The 95 Accord definitely earned the 'H' on the hood. If you need a dirt cheap car that looks decent, is good on gas, has more than enough pep to get you out of sticky traffic situations (but not so peppy as to earn you speeding tickets), and will outlive your generation, go for the 1995 Honda Accord (manual if you can find one)"

Best car for the money!

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great on gas"

Cons: "None!"

"The motor will last 300,000 miles if taken care of. Good resale value and easy to work on! The interior is uncluttered and has very comfortable seats. There is nothing about this car I dont like."

See if you qualify for