1993 Honda Accord

Based on 482 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

Honda

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I bought this car 1.5 years ago with 218000 miles. It currently stands at 238000 without fail. Car was well maintained when I bought it and I continue the tradition. Handles great, rides very nice, accelerates great with the 5-speed tranny. Right around 30 mpg. Leaks no oil but does burn a small amount. Less than a quart between oil changes. Only issue is the typical Honda dogleg rust behind the rear wheels. One of the best cars I've ever owned."

185,000 miles and still going

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"I have an EX in great condition, with a rear spoiler. SO MANY People ask me to sell them my car. What a great testament to the styling and reliability of this vehicle. Only downside is with 2 kids headed towards their teen years, the 2 door styling makes it tough to get in and out sometimes. Otherwise, 5 stars throughout!!!"

Overall Good Car

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"The 1993 Honda accord is an overall good car. It is very reliable. My car has 55000 miles and hasnt needed anything done with it except a couple of oil changes. I am 6'2" and just barely fit in the car though, it is just a bit small. If you are looking for a car with horsepower, this isn't it, but it makes up for it with great mpg. This car is good overall, and is a great car for the current market value."

great car

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"This is one the best cars i have ever owned its super reliable and does good on gas (25 to 28mpg). Bought it with 180k and now has 236k and that all original miles, no engine swap not even timing belt or water pump changed!! I even added racing headers with exhaust, and intake, and racing spark plug wires and the car still hasn't given me any problems. As long as you give it regular maintanance this car will last you forever!"

Can't let it go

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought this car new, 18 years ago. Currently has 182,000 miles. Initially it had some minor problems, perhaps because it was the first year produced in the US, in addition to being a new model. After the bugs were worked out (all covered under warranty), it has been flawless. All original accessories work and have never been replaced. Current mpg is about 22 in city, 34 on highway (much better than EPA rating). I use plain old cheap, generic gas. It holds winding mountain roads like a charm - excellent steering and decent power (I easily do the speed limit). I'm a bit of a fanatic, so both exterior and interior are in superb condition, even give the desert heat. I'm also good about maintenane, including timing belts at 90,000 and 180,000 (recommendation is every five years, though). Most expensive thing was four motor mounts, at around $700, six years ago. They weren't mandatory, but made it ride like a new car. I, like someone else, had the driver's door lock up so it couldn't be opened. Although car was 12 years old, Honda fixed it at no charge. Also had a seatbelt go bad 2 years ago, and it was covered under lifetime warranty. Including everything (routine maintenance, tires, oil changes) I've averaged about $200 per year over the past eight years. I probably spend more than that per year on washing, waxing and detailing (all done by me). Last "repair" was new brakes four years ago. It could use new wheel covers. Struts are original, so might replace them, though not really necessary. About once a year I go out and test drive new cars. Each time, I get back in mine and say "why bother". If I were buying one of these, I'd want to see recent repair records and if not sure if timing belt was recently replaced, I'd do it (around $450 here, because they also do fuel pump). All I can tell you is that I still run into myself all over town - pulled into a Circle K the other day, and there were six 1990-1992 Accords. They just keep on going."