1993 Honda Accord

Based on 482 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

'93 Accord SE - Original

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Cheap to keep, service and repair..."

Cons: "No integrated center console or split rear seat"

93 SE (02-2012)

"Purchased new in July 1993 and now with over 118K miles. Car has proven reliable, economical and provided many years of service. Too bad same can't be said of newer models :( Equipped with almost every available option from that year it includes Honda multi-CD changer (trunk mounted), OEM fog lamps, rear spoiler, door edge guards, wheel opening moldings, etc. everything still operates. Ordered and still own additional (NIB) OEM carpeted floor mats with SE logs. Engine fires up immediately (faster than newer cars) and runs smooth and strong albeit or as strong as 145 hp can be expected to go. Driver's seat is beginning to show signs of leather wear with associated cracks and wear but is still very usable. Nothing lasts forever and this Accord is no exception. Replaced steering rack (twice), disc rotors, AC discharge hose and numerous other parts but overall can't complain given its age. Always gets admiring looks and frequent requests to sell it... not yet. Most fascinating are my detailed records listing all fuel mileages and costs going back to 1993 as well as each service and cost ever performed over the life of the car. Haven't added up all the figures yet but it will be fascinating to see when I do. Never really expected to keep it this long (just happened) but really miss my first Honda even more (1989 Accord SE-i) which looked even better. Still regret selling that one. Last of an era model as Honda re-designated the SE in later years as a mid-level model rather than a last of a generation top of the line model. BTW, little trivia factoids: 1993 Accord SE was first North American Honda to offer dual airbags but only in sedan (4-dr) version not coupe (2-dr) which involved extensive IP redesign used for only one model and one year. Beginning in '94 all Accords received dual airbags as standard equipment. Also last year Bose stereo was offered in an Accord SE (or other Honda except Acura)..."

93 SE (02-2012)

Best buy for money

By on Friday, September 18, 2009

"I bought a 90 Accord LX in September of 08 from a gentleman who had it in his barn for over 3 years. It did not run when I bought it. The only thing it needed was a battery, tires, and brakes. It had 152,000 miles, now it has 195,000 miles. It runs like it did new from the factory!! Yes it has the typical rust on the rear wheel walls, and that is all. I have replaced the alternater, exhaust, and left axle. I have done all the repairs myself, the car is very easy to work on. I would recommend an Accord to anyone who wants a reliable, fun, great on gas car. THE BEST $400 CAR I EVER BOUGHT!!!!"

Truly a classic from Honda. One of the best they e

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Im the original owner of this car, now 17 years old) and I believe that it's one of the best Honda models ever put on the street. With regular minor maintenance, this engine will give you 300,000 miles and the transmission will do the same if you drive with a smart foot."

The love of my life

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

"I have driven this car for 10 years and unfortunately I have driven it into the ground. It ran great until I neglected to get the oil changed and had to buy a new engine. Things have been going downhill since then, but I am hesitant to part with it. Wish I could drive this car forever."

Great first car!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage, large windows"

Cons: "old design, no real cupholders"

just cleaned

"Got this car when I got my license, and have been driving ever since. I love the way this car drives and I wish I could keep it forever."

just cleaned

Miss my car!

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"I received this car in 2000, and it was still going strong until it was totaled by a semi on Christmas Eve. This car had almost 200,000 miles on it and brought both my daughters home from the hospital. For a nearly twenty year old car, you can't beat the value we got out of it. There were some seemingly major repairs over the years, but overall, the maintenance on the car was quite minimal. The 1991 we had seemed to eat through batteries and tires rather quickly, but again, it wasn't a huge expense over the years. I miss this car dearly and am anticipating replacing it with another Honda. It is also of note that we were hit at seventy miles an hour by a semi on the interstate and all four of us walked away from the wreck. Honda has a good reputation for a reason!"

The Perfect Long-term Car

By on Monday, December 07, 2009

"I've owned a number of Hondas, and this 1993 Honda is still my car of choice today (2009). It has 205k miles and is still driving wonderfully well. Maintenance costs are low, as long as you maintain on schedule, and gas mileage is fantastic. This model is way better built than our "new" 2008 Honda Civic which has annoying little things breaking down, making noise, or "falling off". At this point, a seat belt retractor is the only thing not working. Made in Japan, extremely low cost of ownership. Get one if you can find one."

Best car I ever owned

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"I purchased a 1992 Honda Accord EX- 4 door new in July 1992. I paid the full "sticker price", the dealer would not negotiate. I bought my car with the intention of being the only owner. I did as the dealer suggested and followed the schedule for upkeep. The car has provided well for me the last 17 years. I have had people come up to me & ask if I will sell the car. As I say, NO!!! I plan to continue my original goal, buying the car new & being the only owner."

good

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"its really realible car, i would recommend it to anyone need something good on gas that will run forever, great for students"

Best vehicle ever

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"We bought our 1990 Accord NEW, that's right, 19 years ago this month. It now has 250,000 very low maintenance miles on it. My son drives it now, who was not even born when we bought it. This car should go down in history as one of the best cars ever made. Truly amazing."

Honda

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I bought this car 1.5 years ago with 218000 miles. It currently stands at 238000 without fail. Car was well maintained when I bought it and I continue the tradition. Handles great, rides very nice, accelerates great with the 5-speed tranny. Right around 30 mpg. Leaks no oil but does burn a small amount. Less than a quart between oil changes. Only issue is the typical Honda dogleg rust behind the rear wheels. One of the best cars I've ever owned."

185,000 miles and still going

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"I have an EX in great condition, with a rear spoiler. SO MANY People ask me to sell them my car. What a great testament to the styling and reliability of this vehicle. Only downside is with 2 kids headed towards their teen years, the 2 door styling makes it tough to get in and out sometimes. Otherwise, 5 stars throughout!!!"

Overall Good Car

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"The 1993 Honda accord is an overall good car. It is very reliable. My car has 55000 miles and hasnt needed anything done with it except a couple of oil changes. I am 6'2" and just barely fit in the car though, it is just a bit small. If you are looking for a car with horsepower, this isn't it, but it makes up for it with great mpg. This car is good overall, and is a great car for the current market value."

great car

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"This is one the best cars i have ever owned its super reliable and does good on gas (25 to 28mpg). Bought it with 180k and now has 236k and that all original miles, no engine swap not even timing belt or water pump changed!! I even added racing headers with exhaust, and intake, and racing spark plug wires and the car still hasn't given me any problems. As long as you give it regular maintanance this car will last you forever!"

Can't let it go

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought this car new, 18 years ago. Currently has 182,000 miles. Initially it had some minor problems, perhaps because it was the first year produced in the US, in addition to being a new model. After the bugs were worked out (all covered under warranty), it has been flawless. All original accessories work and have never been replaced. Current mpg is about 22 in city, 34 on highway (much better than EPA rating). I use plain old cheap, generic gas. It holds winding mountain roads like a charm - excellent steering and decent power (I easily do the speed limit). I'm a bit of a fanatic, so both exterior and interior are in superb condition, even give the desert heat. I'm also good about maintenane, including timing belts at 90,000 and 180,000 (recommendation is every five years, though). Most expensive thing was four motor mounts, at around $700, six years ago. They weren't mandatory, but made it ride like a new car. I, like someone else, had the driver's door lock up so it couldn't be opened. Although car was 12 years old, Honda fixed it at no charge. Also had a seatbelt go bad 2 years ago, and it was covered under lifetime warranty. Including everything (routine maintenance, tires, oil changes) I've averaged about $200 per year over the past eight years. I probably spend more than that per year on washing, waxing and detailing (all done by me). Last "repair" was new brakes four years ago. It could use new wheel covers. Struts are original, so might replace them, though not really necessary. About once a year I go out and test drive new cars. Each time, I get back in mine and say "why bother". If I were buying one of these, I'd want to see recent repair records and if not sure if timing belt was recently replaced, I'd do it (around $450 here, because they also do fuel pump). All I can tell you is that I still run into myself all over town - pulled into a Circle K the other day, and there were six 1990-1992 Accords. They just keep on going."

Great

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Thisc ar is definitely a must for someone not wanting to worry about expensive repair bills. I bought this car a year ago. Nothing major has been needed to keep this car going. I'm soon going tohave to replace a fan sensor ($30 from DEALERSHIP) and a new alternator. Sure, they're about $100. But, considering this car has 233K miles on it and still running strong, I don't mind litle things every so often."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"Excellent car i hve about 310000mi on my ride and a proud owner of 2 accords 92 and 93 models."

Best Car Ever Made!!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I've owned 3 Hondas (an '88, '89 and a '90) and these cars are VERY, very reliable! They only require routine maintenance (belts, brakes, hoses, battery, etc.) and as long as you take care of them, they'll NEVER let you down. Believe all the reviews that say these cars go up to 400,000 miles, even higher! I love the interior design and they're very fun and sporty cars! I love how these models (1990-1993) sit low to the ground! Feels like a sports car! Excellent mpg and the motors are bulletproof! NO negatives about these cars! They could use a center console! My only complaint. I highly recommend these cars to anyone looking for reliable, inexpensive transportation. GREAT family cars, too!"

Best Investment

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"It is often said that a car is not an investment. This car easily broke that rule. My 1992 Honda Accord is the best, most reliable, most efficient, and most dependable vehicle I have ever owned both foreign and domestic!!!!!!!!!HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!"

VERY reliable! I like the traditional box look!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"i just purchased my 3rd '92 accord today (8/16/07). this one has 148K miles on it and i have no reservations buying a honda with high miles. i bought this car for a highway commuter car. my new suv is racking up the miles so i decided to get another accord. my previous 2 accords ('92) both lasted past 150K with minimal repairs. i departed with those vehicles only because i moved cross country to NYC and no car was needed living in the city. i had no problem selling them. i have since moved out of the city and have a need for a car. with my first 2 accords, the radiator did crack. that model has a plastic top radiator. i replaced the plastic radiator with a metal model. had good fortune to have cars serviced with good, independent, honda service technicians."

I Heart Hondas

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I've owned my 1993 Honda accord for 10 years now. I'm the second owner, and in all this time, I've not had one mechanical failure with the car!!! Sure, so the brakes and exhaust have a tendancy to be maintained a tiny bit more than other cars. But doing that routine maintenance is completely worth the reliability and comfort of the 1993 Honda Accord EX Coupe. Everything is still functional, and the closest I've had to repairing anything was getting the Master control arm changed, which didn't start to show signs of wear until the car was already 13 years old!! I have 186K on it, and still get about 23 mpg. There is no car out there that will last longer, and run stronger than the Honda accord. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!"

Excellent!

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I bought a '93 Accord with 145,000 miles on it in 2000... one guy I worked with told me I was crazy to buy a used car with so many miles on it. 7 years later, that car has 258,000 miles on it, and is still running strong."

LOVE IT

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"This is TRULY a perfect car!!! Had mine for LITERALLY 17 years and YES it still runs like a beauty! Had to upgrade .... you would think after 17 years .... BEST value and BEST car ever MADE!!! I have the 07 sedan accord ex and honestly I LOVE IT too but it is NOTHING like the 90!! THANK YOU HONDA FOR THE BEST CARS! FYI....the older models are better for kids learning to drive! GREAT STARTER CAR!! THATS WHAT MINE WAS :)"

best car we've ever had

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"262,000 miles and rolling. Have replaced all the things that wear out with time (water pump, radiator, alternator, battery, etc.) except the starter. We've had the car for 12 years and have changed oil and transmission fluid regularly, but have only had about 3 tune-ups in 12 years. It just keeps going and going. I would trust it to go anywhere in the country today. My mechanic has seen the same car with more than 400.000 miles running good. If you find one that has been taken care of-- you can't go wrong."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, lots of space"

Cons: "foreign parts, meteric, harder to find parts"

"I have had this car for about two years now. It gets excelent gas mileage. I drive 30 minutes to and from work/school every day, plus driving around town and I only have to fill up from half a tank once a week. Even with all the miles on it, it is still a reliable little car. There is plenty of space inside the car for 4 passengers and enough room in the trunk for two cart fulls of groceries!"