1993 Honda Accord

Based on 482 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

'93 Accord SE - Original

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Cheap to keep, service and repair..."

Cons: "No integrated center console or split rear seat"

93 SE (02-2012)

"Purchased new in July 1993 and now with over 118K miles. Car has proven reliable, economical and provided many years of service. Too bad same can't be said of newer models :( Equipped with almost every available option from that year it includes Honda multi-CD changer (trunk mounted), OEM fog lamps, rear spoiler, door edge guards, wheel opening moldings, etc. everything still operates. Ordered and still own additional (NIB) OEM carpeted floor mats with SE logs. Engine fires up immediately (faster than newer cars) and runs smooth and strong albeit or as strong as 145 hp can be expected to go. Driver's seat is beginning to show signs of leather wear with associated cracks and wear but is still very usable. Nothing lasts forever and this Accord is no exception. Replaced steering rack (twice), disc rotors, AC discharge hose and numerous other parts but overall can't complain given its age. Always gets admiring looks and frequent requests to sell it... not yet. Most fascinating are my detailed records listing all fuel mileages and costs going back to 1993 as well as each service and cost ever performed over the life of the car. Haven't added up all the figures yet but it will be fascinating to see when I do. Never really expected to keep it this long (just happened) but really miss my first Honda even more (1989 Accord SE-i) which looked even better. Still regret selling that one. Last of an era model as Honda re-designated the SE in later years as a mid-level model rather than a last of a generation top of the line model. BTW, little trivia factoids: 1993 Accord SE was first North American Honda to offer dual airbags but only in sedan (4-dr) version not coupe (2-dr) which involved extensive IP redesign used for only one model and one year. Beginning in '94 all Accords received dual airbags as standard equipment. Also last year Bose stereo was offered in an Accord SE (or other Honda except Acura)..."

93 SE (02-2012)

Best buy for money

By on Friday, September 18, 2009

"I bought a 90 Accord LX in September of 08 from a gentleman who had it in his barn for over 3 years. It did not run when I bought it. The only thing it needed was a battery, tires, and brakes. It had 152,000 miles, now it has 195,000 miles. It runs like it did new from the factory!! Yes it has the typical rust on the rear wheel walls, and that is all. I have replaced the alternater, exhaust, and left axle. I have done all the repairs myself, the car is very easy to work on. I would recommend an Accord to anyone who wants a reliable, fun, great on gas car. THE BEST $400 CAR I EVER BOUGHT!!!!"

Truly a classic from Honda. One of the best they e

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Im the original owner of this car, now 17 years old) and I believe that it's one of the best Honda models ever put on the street. With regular minor maintenance, this engine will give you 300,000 miles and the transmission will do the same if you drive with a smart foot."

The love of my life

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

"I have driven this car for 10 years and unfortunately I have driven it into the ground. It ran great until I neglected to get the oil changed and had to buy a new engine. Things have been going downhill since then, but I am hesitant to part with it. Wish I could drive this car forever."

Great first car!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage, large windows"

Cons: "old design, no real cupholders"

just cleaned

"Got this car when I got my license, and have been driving ever since. I love the way this car drives and I wish I could keep it forever."

just cleaned