2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,763 - $28,708.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

10/9.5

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Exceeds my overall expectations

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pros: "Mileage, cmfrt, looks and well laid out instr pan"

Cons: "No spare tire and trunk space"

"I always wanted to try a hybrid vehicle and after owning a number Honda vehicles decided to try their accord hybrid because I have been very satisfied with their Odyssey, CRV and other accords. I have had this car for 4 months now and average around 46 miles per gallon per tank full. This is with both City and Highway Driving. You actually do get better gas mileage in the City. Living in Western Pa. has a lot of hills and this affects overall gas mileage but this vehicle is heads and shoulders above the competition. I could not be happier with this vehicle. My only concern with this vehicle is like so many others have discussed is that there is no spare tire and the trunk is smaller than the non hybrid accord. But, this would not stop me from purchasing another one in the future. Since some of Honda's competitors do have spare tires, I feel that it is only a matter of time when Honda offers the same."

Get this Car if you're a Techie

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Pros: "Mileage, a real car, sporty"

"A fun car. Great acceleration, amazing ride, Accord comforts. In fact, the only clue that this is not a gas-only Accord is the engine pitch when it is on not being connected to the car speed. Be warned that once you stop, even at a stop sign, the whole car generally goes into EV mode -- engine stops -- dead silent. It will freak you out at first. Why a Techie car -- ya gotta love seeing on the dash when you brake the battery filling up, to be used when you go. And the coolness of watching the gas engine shut off when travelling (normally constant speed, level). Thank goodness the dash lights up entertainingly -- it is easy to exit the car with the thing still "on" -- except the keyless entry in your pocket beeps at you to make you feel like a fool. Did I mention it is an Accord -- you get the legendary design of that car model -- only eating a bit of the trunk for the battery. (Interestingly, that heavy chunk in the back seems to counterbalance the metal stuff in the front to give a neutral stance when cornering and driving vigorously.) We drive 100 miles to and from work -- what was an every two day stop at the gas pump with an Accord V6 has become -- top it off on Sunday night just to make sure. Dramatic difference -- but still fun to drive. ALMOST like it better than my MDX."

Major step up from Honda Insight.

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, Power, and Great MPG"

Cons: "The trunk is small and no spare."

"I wanted a car like this in 2010, but the pickings was thin. Either I had to get a Prius or settle for something I am not sure I could trust. Love Honda over the years so went for an Insight. Had absolutely no issues with the Insight for 100k miles and leaped at the chance to get this Accord Hybrid when it came out. The only issue was the car's availability. I wanted a Touring version. Since I could not negotiate on the price I only gave the car 9/10 on value, but it is absolutely worth every penny. Over the 8700 miles so far I have been averaging 50.2 mpg for every tank. Note this is not a single trip average, but a tank average. Car has ample power and is very quiet. Only drones a bit when the engine is engaged but this is only noticeable because the car is so quiet all other times. Using the AC does not affect the mpg much--very surprised. Heating the car causes the engine to run more often and affects the mpg more--as well as cold temps. All in all the Accord Hybrid feels like a luxury car. Even the dual screen interface grows on you. Have to say I am hooked on the lane watch system and miss it much when I switch to my other cars. Honda hit this one out of the ball park."

True 45-55 MPG

By on Monday, October 05, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Cheap interior, no spare tire / jack"

"If your style of driving is jackrabbit starts and stepping on the gas pedal even when the traffic light has turned yellow 1/8 of a mile away and sudden brakes to stop the vehicle, this car is not for you. I've had this car for a month. Was apprehensive at first about purchasing this car but caved in knowing the best deal to buy a hybrid is during the times of the year when gas prices are low. This car has delivered in about every aspect; gas mileage relatively close to EPA ratings, spacious interior and fairly smooth ride. My commute is 35 miles one way with about 12 miles of it city driving, the rest is freeway miles. Going to work, I average 44-46 MPG and driving home is between 47-49. I've driven in town and twice I got 65-66 MPG, though I do realize this is an exception rather than the rule. Driving long distance twice, it was 47 MPG. Going past 70 surely affects your MPG and this is easily solved by having to leave a bit early and drive 65 instead. One nice touch is when a destination is used in the navigation, you can change the screen to something else and the navigation continues with directions displayed in the small screen by the speedometer. I have 3 small gripes. The hazard button is not placed correctly. When I have to change stations or having to touch the LCD screen, I always accidentally activate the hazard signal. The interior looks cheap. Honda needs to learn from Volvo or BMW what they do internally in terms of material. Honda needs to make a provision to include or have the possibility of the buyer to purchase a spare tire and jack, for safety reasons."

Like the Car except Trunk Space and MPG

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, handling, connectivity"

Cons: "Trunk Space, MPG not as advertised, No Spare Tire"

"I purchased this car at the end of May 2014. My commute to work is 154 miles RT every day with 70% being Interstate at 70 MPH and the remainder small town and 55 MPH two lane black top. The MPG has been disappointing considering the 51 / 45 claim. On my daily trip I average about 42 MPG using the best driving habits I can. The trunk space is dismal and I do not like the fact that there is no spare tire. The ride and handling are very good. I really enjoy the sound system and blue tooth connectivity. The interior fit leaves something to be desired because the car has several temperature and vibration related rattles in the interior."