• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,494 - $31,447.

10/8.2

9.3

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

The gas mileage - I have 49.8 mpg over 3770 miles

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage (really is 50 mpg), interior design"

Cons: "price"

"I own the Touring model and this review is in addition to my review I had posted on May 2014. I currently have 3770 miles on my odometer with an average of 49.8 mpg. Yes, it is true, the gas mileage is really true to their estimates as it has proved out for me not over one or two small drives but over 3700 miles of combined city and highway driving since I bought the car. Needless to say during individual drives I have got mpg numbers of as high as 59-60 mpg and as low as 36-38 mpg during some drives, however the average over 3770 miles is a whooping 49.8 so I am a happy camper. During all this driving, I have found the car and its interior to be very comfortable and quite pleasing. There is an engine sound during low speed acceleration when I press the pedal however, it does not last long and overall the gas mileage so far has been worth it. Another point to note is that my driving style has not changed much, in traffic conditions and on local roads the EV drive automatically kicks in and when required the gasoline engine also kicks in to provide quick pickup for passing etc. The feel of the car during highway driving is no different from a gasoline only engine and so overall I am very pleased with my purchase. I also hope and feel confident that this remarkable gas mileage will continue as the car gets older. I also like the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) feature as it is quite remarkable to witness how the car automatically controls the speed. The trunk space is small however I use this as my daily commute car and so I have not had any issues with it. Also several of my colleagues when we have gone out together have commented as to how comfortable the rear seats are in terms of legroom and head space."

Like the Car except Trunk Space and MPG

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, handling, connectivity"

Cons: "Trunk Space, MPG not as advertised, No Spare Tire"

"I purchased this car at the end of May 2014. My commute to work is 154 miles RT every day with 70% being Interstate at 70 MPH and the remainder small town and 55 MPH two lane black top. The MPG has been disappointing considering the 51 / 45 claim. On my daily trip I average about 42 MPG using the best driving habits I can. The trunk space is dismal and I do not like the fact that there is no spare tire. The ride and handling are very good. I really enjoy the sound system and blue tooth connectivity. The interior fit leaves something to be desired because the car has several temperature and vibration related rattles in the interior."

Avoid this car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "drives nice and has nice safety features"

Cons: "terrible mpg considering 47 is stated avg."

"I have owned multiple hondas over the last 20 years, and that had a major impact on purchasing this car. That noted it was advertised to get a combined 47mpg. the best i've gotten is 43 on a tank. The worst is 36mpg. My first reservation was no spare tire, because its my wife's car and didn't like the fact that fact that she could get stranded depending on cell service. She's had 2 flats, one of which was bumping up against the curb in a drive thru, and tore a hole in the sidewall. instead of buying another of these terrible tires i got low rolling resistance run flats, and immediately got 7-8 mpg less than i was already getting. So now I'm looking at getting less than what a regular 4cyl accord should get and I paid for a hybrid. Rediculous,I'm so upset that car manufactures can over estimate what a car gets and I have no recourse. I'm getting a VW passat TDI that i know gets better mpg, and has a spare, and don't have to worry about if the electrical hybrid will last. This is a complete scam!"

Addendum to my earlier review

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic mileage"

Cons: "Trunk space and no spare tire"

"This is an addendum to my earlier review. I am nearly ready for my 4,000 mile oil change. For my wife and I, the car is averaging 47.34 mpg based on a 75/25 highway to city driving pattern. The ratings are no fluke. I like going 750 miles on a tank of gasoline. My gas powered 2009 Camry with a larger fuel tank could only muster 525. I am going to go with full synthetic oil and see how it performs on a two-week trip through Montana, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona before coming home to Washington state."

Awesome on gas milage some reservations

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great gas milage in the city, Great on the Hwy."

Cons: "See review."

"I almost purchased this car. The dealership allowed me to test drive this vehicle for a couple of hours. This aspect of the purchase process speaks very favorable of the dealership. I will return as a customer. Positives 1. AWESOME gas mileage.(1) (Especially in the city, Great on the Highway.) 2. All the bells and whistles of my current Accord E-XL. PLUS a high speed low drag console display that can tell you exactly everything from MPG, Driving hours, Motor, EV, Engine, Charging transition. 3. Did I say AWESOME GAS MILAGE! (2). 4. The overall financial package and offer for trade in was acceptable. HOWEVER If you can get past these, this car may be for you. The reservations. 1. NO SPARE TIRE, If there was a jack, I could not find it. (A tire repair kit, Which is OK, IF you have a puncture straight from the bottom and you can repair it long enough to get to the next city. BAD, if the tire punctures from the side or disintegrates and your stuck in the middle of nowhere on a holiday 3-4 day weekend or Friday-Sunday after 8:00 PM.) 2. Reduced trunk space. (Reduced for a battery compartment). If you travel with more than 2 standard suitcase stacked on top of each other and a little room to spare on either side, you have filled the trunk to the max. Get ready use back seat. 3. Handling: The extra weight of the batteries could be felt in the momentum during acceleration, turning and breaking. (Not a big deal if you understand the give and take needed to make this car produce the AWESOME gas mileage)(3). 4. The seats were not as comfortable as my current Accord. 5. While I have mentioned AWESOME GAS MILAGE (4) time now, You have to get used to the transition between the Motor (ELECTRIC), The Batteries (EV) and The Engine (4 cylinder). and charging mode. The over all noise as all three elements (SEEK) to find the optimum performance can be a little concerning especially when considering long term wear which as of yet has not been determined. 6. The batteries. Located behind the rear seat, are vented into the passenger compartment. (For cooling purposes). There is TONS of information on these types of batteries that you can research. Do your homework, decide for yourself. 7. The battery life and replacement cost? 7-8 years and cost unknown as the cost of batteries may go up or down with the technological advances. (Way cheaper than 12 years ago.) Question: Will the Awesome gas savings (5) be canceled by replacement battery cost? Again unknown."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next