2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,678 - $27,819.

10/8.2

Based on 21 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

The gas mileage - I have 49.8 mpg over 3770 miles

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage (really is 50 mpg), interior design"

Cons: "price"

"I own the Touring model and this review is in addition to my review I had posted on May 2014. I currently have 3770 miles on my odometer with an average of 49.8 mpg. Yes, it is true, the gas mileage is really true to their estimates as it has proved out for me not over one or two small drives but over 3700 miles of combined city and highway driving since I bought the car. Needless to say during individual drives I have got mpg numbers of as high as 59-60 mpg and as low as 36-38 mpg during some drives, however the average over 3770 miles is a whooping 49.8 so I am a happy camper. During all this driving, I have found the car and its interior to be very comfortable and quite pleasing. There is an engine sound during low speed acceleration when I press the pedal however, it does not last long and overall the gas mileage so far has been worth it. Another point to note is that my driving style has not changed much, in traffic conditions and on local roads the EV drive automatically kicks in and when required the gasoline engine also kicks in to provide quick pickup for passing etc. The feel of the car during highway driving is no different from a gasoline only engine and so overall I am very pleased with my purchase. I also hope and feel confident that this remarkable gas mileage will continue as the car gets older. I also like the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) feature as it is quite remarkable to witness how the car automatically controls the speed. The trunk space is small however I use this as my daily commute car and so I have not had any issues with it. Also several of my colleagues when we have gone out together have commented as to how comfortable the rear seats are in terms of legroom and head space."

Awesome on gas milage some reservations

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great gas milage in the city, Great on the Hwy."

Cons: "See review."

"I almost purchased this car. The dealership allowed me to test drive this vehicle for a couple of hours. This aspect of the purchase process speaks very favorable of the dealership. I will return as a customer. Positives 1. AWESOME gas mileage.(1) (Especially in the city, Great on the Highway.) 2. All the bells and whistles of my current Accord E-XL. PLUS a high speed low drag console display that can tell you exactly everything from MPG, Driving hours, Motor, EV, Engine, Charging transition. 3. Did I say AWESOME GAS MILAGE! (2). 4. The overall financial package and offer for trade in was acceptable. HOWEVER If you can get past these, this car may be for you. The reservations. 1. NO SPARE TIRE, If there was a jack, I could not find it. (A tire repair kit, Which is OK, IF you have a puncture straight from the bottom and you can repair it long enough to get to the next city. BAD, if the tire punctures from the side or disintegrates and your stuck in the middle of nowhere on a holiday 3-4 day weekend or Friday-Sunday after 8:00 PM.) 2. Reduced trunk space. (Reduced for a battery compartment). If you travel with more than 2 standard suitcase stacked on top of each other and a little room to spare on either side, you have filled the trunk to the max. Get ready use back seat. 3. Handling: The extra weight of the batteries could be felt in the momentum during acceleration, turning and breaking. (Not a big deal if you understand the give and take needed to make this car produce the AWESOME gas mileage)(3). 4. The seats were not as comfortable as my current Accord. 5. While I have mentioned AWESOME GAS MILAGE (4) time now, You have to get used to the transition between the Motor (ELECTRIC), The Batteries (EV) and The Engine (4 cylinder). and charging mode. The over all noise as all three elements (SEEK) to find the optimum performance can be a little concerning especially when considering long term wear which as of yet has not been determined. 6. The batteries. Located behind the rear seat, are vented into the passenger compartment. (For cooling purposes). There is TONS of information on these types of batteries that you can research. Do your homework, decide for yourself. 7. The battery life and replacement cost? 7-8 years and cost unknown as the cost of batteries may go up or down with the technological advances. (Way cheaper than 12 years ago.) Question: Will the Awesome gas savings (5) be canceled by replacement battery cost? Again unknown."

Great MPG... BUT a pretty lousy ride!

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "MPG is excellent"

Cons: "pausing & surging when electric shifts to gas"

"I bought a new 2015 Accord Hybrid for it's fuel economy, and in that aspect, car does not disappoint.However, I was unaware of just how disappointingly choppy the car's ride would be when the it's software switches between electric engine and gas engine... especially when driving faster than 40 MPH at constant speed. I failed to realize this during the original test drive because I only drove it on the freeway for about one mile (and in heavy afternoon traffic). In short, (whether using cruise control or not) the 2015 Accord Hybrid will intermittently pause and then surge whenever the electric engine disengages from action at speeds north of 35-40 MPH... both annoying and disconcerting since it results in a choppy ride. I took my new Accord Hybrid to the dealer service folks twice for this problem. The first time, I was told to stop using the ECON mode if I wanted a smoother ride. The second time, I insisted on speaking with the service tech who would test drive it. Here's the exact verbiage from the service ticket: "NFP test drove the vehicle and verified customers concern. Took snap shots during the event of the PGM-FI system... etc.. After review of all the snap shot data... it was determined that it is the normal operation of this vehicle." That's a pretty poor response from Honda. I've always be partial to Honda products... but with the Accord Hybrid: Let the buyer beware."

Was worth waiting for!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Technology and mileage."

Cons: "A/C lacks in Florida summer."

"Touring Hybrid purchased 3/14 (waited since release on 10/13 because no dealer would negotiate price and the color was not available), now has 7812 miles and oil life still at 40%. Average miles since purchase is 48.5, lately getting 50.5, smooth running and love the technology. Have noticed mileage goes down if you cruise at over 70, goes up at 55mph. Would like A/C to be a little colder faster, but Florida summers at 98 degrees can be hard on anyone. This one is a keeper (except if Prelude came back)."

Awesome on gas milage some reservations

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great gas milage in the city, Great on the Hwy."

Cons: "See review."