• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,098 - $27,969.

10/8.2

9.3

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Avoid this car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "drives nice and has nice safety features"

Cons: "terrible mpg considering 47 is stated avg."

"I have owned multiple hondas over the last 20 years, and that had a major impact on purchasing this car. That noted it was advertised to get a combined 47mpg. the best i've gotten is 43 on a tank. The worst is 36mpg. My first reservation was no spare tire, because its my wife's car and didn't like the fact that fact that she could get stranded depending on cell service. She's had 2 flats, one of which was bumping up against the curb in a drive thru, and tore a hole in the sidewall. instead of buying another of these terrible tires i got low rolling resistance run flats, and immediately got 7-8 mpg less than i was already getting. So now I'm looking at getting less than what a regular 4cyl accord should get and I paid for a hybrid. Rediculous,I'm so upset that car manufactures can over estimate what a car gets and I have no recourse. I'm getting a VW passat TDI that i know gets better mpg, and has a spare, and don't have to worry about if the electrical hybrid will last. This is a complete scam!"

Addendum to my earlier review

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic mileage"

Cons: "Trunk space and no spare tire"

"This is an addendum to my earlier review. I am nearly ready for my 4,000 mile oil change. For my wife and I, the car is averaging 47.34 mpg based on a 75/25 highway to city driving pattern. The ratings are no fluke. I like going 750 miles on a tank of gasoline. My gas powered 2009 Camry with a larger fuel tank could only muster 525. I am going to go with full synthetic oil and see how it performs on a two-week trip through Montana, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona before coming home to Washington state."

Awesome on gas milage some reservations

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great gas milage in the city, Great on the Hwy."

Cons: "See review."

"I almost purchased this car. The dealership allowed me to test drive this vehicle for a couple of hours. This aspect of the purchase process speaks very favorable of the dealership. I will return as a customer. Positives 1. AWESOME gas mileage.(1) (Especially in the city, Great on the Highway.) 2. All the bells and whistles of my current Accord E-XL. PLUS a high speed low drag console display that can tell you exactly everything from MPG, Driving hours, Motor, EV, Engine, Charging transition. 3. Did I say AWESOME GAS MILAGE! (2). 4. The overall financial package and offer for trade in was acceptable. HOWEVER If you can get past these, this car may be for you. The reservations. 1. NO SPARE TIRE, If there was a jack, I could not find it. (A tire repair kit, Which is OK, IF you have a puncture straight from the bottom and you can repair it long enough to get to the next city. BAD, if the tire punctures from the side or disintegrates and your stuck in the middle of nowhere on a holiday 3-4 day weekend or Friday-Sunday after 8:00 PM.) 2. Reduced trunk space. (Reduced for a battery compartment). If you travel with more than 2 standard suitcase stacked on top of each other and a little room to spare on either side, you have filled the trunk to the max. Get ready use back seat. 3. Handling: The extra weight of the batteries could be felt in the momentum during acceleration, turning and breaking. (Not a big deal if you understand the give and take needed to make this car produce the AWESOME gas mileage)(3). 4. The seats were not as comfortable as my current Accord. 5. While I have mentioned AWESOME GAS MILAGE (4) time now, You have to get used to the transition between the Motor (ELECTRIC), The Batteries (EV) and The Engine (4 cylinder). and charging mode. The over all noise as all three elements (SEEK) to find the optimum performance can be a little concerning especially when considering long term wear which as of yet has not been determined. 6. The batteries. Located behind the rear seat, are vented into the passenger compartment. (For cooling purposes). There is TONS of information on these types of batteries that you can research. Do your homework, decide for yourself. 7. The battery life and replacement cost? 7-8 years and cost unknown as the cost of batteries may go up or down with the technological advances. (Way cheaper than 12 years ago.) Question: Will the Awesome gas savings (5) be canceled by replacement battery cost? Again unknown."

Awesome on gas milage some reservations

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great gas milage in the city, Great on the Hwy."

Cons: "See review."

Major step up from Honda Insight.

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, Power, and Great MPG"

Cons: "The trunk is small and no spare."

"I wanted a car like this in 2010, but the pickings was thin. Either I had to get a Prius or settle for something I am not sure I could trust. Love Honda over the years so went for an Insight. Had absolutely no issues with the Insight for 100k miles and leaped at the chance to get this Accord Hybrid when it came out. The only issue was the car's availability. I wanted a Touring version. Since I could not negotiate on the price I only gave the car 9/10 on value, but it is absolutely worth every penny. Over the 8700 miles so far I have been averaging 50.2 mpg for every tank. Note this is not a single trip average, but a tank average. Car has ample power and is very quiet. Only drones a bit when the engine is engaged but this is only noticeable because the car is so quiet all other times. Using the AC does not affect the mpg much--very surprised. Heating the car causes the engine to run more often and affects the mpg more--as well as cold temps. All in all the Accord Hybrid feels like a luxury car. Even the dual screen interface grows on you. Have to say I am hooked on the lane watch system and miss it much when I switch to my other cars. Honda hit this one out of the ball park."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next