2015 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $61,543 - $64,624.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/9.1

7.2

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

6.5/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

New Standards set in Full-size Luxury SUVs

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "6.2L-420HP V-8, Extreme comfort and Luxury"

Cons: "Lacks leg room in third row; Not budget priced."

"The NEW, GM 2015 model Full-size SUVs indeed set new standards in this segment. I ordered out my Yukon Denali and took delivery in June 2014. It currently has about 8000 miles. I have had flawless performance and ZERO recalls or issues. The 6.2L/420HP V-8 is incredible. The fit and finish of this truck is amazing and the list of features is endless. The interior comfort and quietness at highway speed rivals any luxury sedan. In person, I compared the new GM's against the other domestic and import brands in this market. Without any doubts, the structural integrity, interior materials, options and engines were were far superior in the GM lineup. As many predict, I agree that GM will continue to dominate the full-size SUV market! I appreciate the massive 6.2L/420HP V-8 engine with active fuel management which allows me to obtain over 20mpg while cruising at highway speeds. Acceleration, braking and overall response is outstanding for a vehicle this size. I operate my truck in some brutal Wisconsin snow storms, the 4WD system could not be more sure-footed and reliable! Creature comforts like Large-screen Navigation, DVD Entertainment, multiple Media-links, Heated/Cooled leather seats and 12-speaker Bose sound compete head-to-head with the Import Brands, yet you will save $10-15K buying this more solid, domestic truck. Numerous collision avoidance systems and security features are standard, keeping the occupants & truck safe. The 3rd row seat does lack leg room for adults. However, if you routinely plan to carry more than 5 adults, the XL version of this truck certainly addresses this issue very well. I typically never use the 3rd row and suggest keeping those seats folded down to better utilize that space for storage and utility."

Chosen for towing capacity-shld have looked harder

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Pros: "Very attractive to look at"

Cons: "Seats are not leather, but are "leather appointed""

"After driving a beautiful, top of the line 2005 Sequoia Limited for 10 years with zero issues, I decided to trade cars because it made a slight noise when I hooked up my 5500 lb. horse trailer. I'm not willing to take any chances with my horses, so I looked for the highest towing capacity in luxury, comparable SUV's. I was sucked in to purchasing this truck by a dizzying array of electronic perks, and the 420 horsepower/6.2 liter engine. I paid top dollar for a top of the line 2015 Denali, that inexplicably had 200 miles on it already. When it had just over 500 miles, the entire dashboard array went dark, as I was driving alone in an unfamiliar area of Miami, in the rain! I had no navigation, no compass, no clock, and no phone! When I finally got home, I had to go out of town without the truck for 5 days. When I came back, the battery was so dead, I couldn't even open the doors with the key fob! The dealer replaced the complete dashboard array, which took several days. I had to spend over an hour with the GMC rep on OnStar, in order to sinc my phone with the BlueTooth. At 3000 miles, I returned to the dealer with an AC issue - it cuts out intermittently, and blows hot air. In South Florida, AC is not an option, it is a necessity. They kept the truck for 5 days, and returned it saying they could not duplicate my complaint. So, now I have it. I wish I had my Sequoia back. Oh, BTW, I paid $72K, including tax. How dumb do I feel?!"

4th Yukon XL with 40,000 miles on 2015

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pros: "Large size, gas mileage is good for its size"

Cons: "Suspension terrible, blind spots-mirrors awful"

"This is my fourth Yukon XL, and have driven these exclusively for 15 years. The 2015 I bought has a couple issues that I wish GMC would change. Yes, I have blind spot alert, but they redesigned the mirrors so small, that if you are backing and parking, they will cause you to hit small, low items. For a truck this size, you need big mirrors. Beeps and seat vibrations, and back up cameras, do not do the same as a full size mirror. I know this sounds petty, but having driven one for 15 years, and backing up steep driveways, tight corners, etc., I have never had a problem. The 2015 is a nightmare in tight spaces. Why would you shrink the mirrors on a large vehicle like this? Also, on 2015 they loosened up the suspension to a ridiculous level. Sure drives great on the interstate, but in town if you go over a bump, speed bump, anything, it porpoises up and down like crazy. Go over a speed bump at 10mph and the front of this truck looks like Flipper doing stunts at SeaWorld. Better put your coffee down or you will be wearing it. The prior models were stiffer and handled bumps in town with a solid and steady suspension. All in all, the new suspension package is NOT desirable for in town driving or on an unpaved road, or over a speed bump, or a dip in the road...well, you get the idea. This one has been relatively issue free, as have been my prior ones. The mileage is much better on these models and I appreciate that. Just stiffen the suspension and put the old mirrors back on it."

2015 GM SUVs EXCEED MY EXPECTATIONS!

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Luxurious, Comfortable, Powerfull, New Design"

Cons: "Marginal fuel economy, Expensive."

"First and formost, may I assure prospective buyers of 2015 full-size GM SUVs- NOT to have any worries, nor should they take certain embellished reviews to heart! The majority of people writing reviews are those with a "negative" experience. Ceratinly those who are completely satisfied, like myself, represent the majority of owners, of the many thousands of such vehicles currently on the road in America. If someone comments that a problem affects "every" Yukon, please dismiss it immediately, because I can honestly attest that my 2015 Yukon has had absolutely NO issues, nor recalls! I took delivery of my Yukon Denali last summer(2014). I have equal highway as well as urban driving milage logged. My current mileage is near 10,000 miles. I have been incredibly impressed with the larger 6.2 liter V-8 engine, rated at 420HP. My 4WD system has demonstrated excellent performance during several heavy snow events. The Active Fuel Management System with cylinder de-activation is never noticeable, with the exception of improved fuel economy. Every feature and accessory that comes with this Lux-Ute like Digital Displays, Intellilink Navigation, Heated/Cooled seats, Audio and Video Entertainment systems, Vehicle Safety & Security with motion detection- have ALL functioned without any issues in my Yukon Denali. I am so impressed with the NEW design. The fit & finish of this truck is amazing compared to previous generations. I also looked at competing Brands, there is NO competition in the "under 85K price-range". Even then, my truck is so "MUCH-MORE" than the Infinity Q-80 in mass, power and structural integrity. Indeed, I am one of the few, wanting others to know that the silent majority of 2015 GM SUV owners are very pleased with the intelligent purchase they made. I encourage you to go take a Yukon/Tahoe for a ride and become your own Judge & Jury."

Great vehicle..some initial issues

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, roomy, plenty of power"

Cons: "initial rattles which were resolved"

"I have owned this vehicle for 6 weeks....preordered it in December 2013..took ten months to come in since I wanted a second row bench seat. great ride and excellent power and torque. Seats much improved over the last generation denali. Initial problems were steering wheel binding at low speeds and a constant rattle from passenger side. Both issues resolved by GMC dealer. This is my 5th yukon and by far the best in quality, ride , mpg, and comfort"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next