2015 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $44,396 - $45,547.

7.8

Based on 6 Ratings for the 2015 - 2015 models.

6.8/10
    7.5/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

2015 GM SUVs EXCEED MY EXPECTATIONS!

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Luxurious, Comfortable, Powerfull, New Design"

Cons: "Marginal fuel economy, Expensive."

"First and formost, may I assure prospective buyers of 2015 full-size GM SUVs- NOT to have any worries, nor should they take certain embellished reviews to heart! The majority of people writing reviews are those with a "negative" experience. Ceratinly those who are completely satisfied, like myself, represent the majority of owners, of the many thousands of such vehicles currently on the road in America. If someone comments that a problem affects "every" Yukon, please dismiss it immediately, because I can honestly attest that my 2015 Yukon has had absolutely NO issues, nor recalls! I took delivery of my Yukon Denali last summer(2014). I have equal highway as well as urban driving milage logged. My current mileage is near 10,000 miles. I have been incredibly impressed with the larger 6.2 liter V-8 engine, rated at 420HP. My 4WD system has demonstrated excellent performance during several heavy snow events. The Active Fuel Management System with cylinder de-activation is never noticeable, with the exception of improved fuel economy. Every feature and accessory that comes with this Lux-Ute like Digital Displays, Intellilink Navigation, Heated/Cooled seats, Audio and Video Entertainment systems, Vehicle Safety & Security with motion detection- have ALL functioned without any issues in my Yukon Denali. I am so impressed with the NEW design. The fit & finish of this truck is amazing compared to previous generations. I also looked at competing Brands, there is NO competition in the "under 85K price-range". Even then, my truck is so "MUCH-MORE" than the Infinity Q-80 in mass, power and structural integrity. Indeed, I am one of the few, wanting others to know that the silent majority of 2015 GM SUV owners are very pleased with the intelligent purchase they made. I encourage you to go take a Yukon/Tahoe for a ride and become your own Judge & Jury."

New Standards set in Full-size Luxury SUVs

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "6.2L-420HP V-8, Extreme comfort and Luxury"

Cons: "Lacks leg room in third row; Not budget priced."

"The NEW, GM 2015 model Full-size SUVs indeed set new standards in this segment. I ordered out my Yukon Denali and took delivery in June 2014. It currently has about 8000 miles. I have had flawless performance and ZERO recalls or issues. The 6.2L/420HP V-8 is incredible. The fit and finish of this truck is amazing and the list of features is endless. The interior comfort and quietness at highway speed rivals any luxury sedan. In person, I compared the new GM's against the other domestic and import brands in this market. Without any doubts, the structural integrity, interior materials, options and engines were were far superior in the GM lineup. As many predict, I agree that GM will continue to dominate the full-size SUV market! I appreciate the massive 6.2L/420HP V-8 engine with active fuel management which allows me to obtain over 20mpg while cruising at highway speeds. Acceleration, braking and overall response is outstanding for a vehicle this size. I operate my truck in some brutal Wisconsin snow storms, the 4WD system could not be more sure-footed and reliable! Creature comforts like Large-screen Navigation, DVD Entertainment, multiple Media-links, Heated/Cooled leather seats and 12-speaker Bose sound compete head-to-head with the Import Brands, yet you will save $10-15K buying this more solid, domestic truck. Numerous collision avoidance systems and security features are standard, keeping the occupants & truck safe. The 3rd row seat does lack leg room for adults. However, if you routinely plan to carry more than 5 adults, the XL version of this truck certainly addresses this issue very well. I typically never use the 3rd row and suggest keeping those seats folded down to better utilize that space for storage and utility."

Great vehicle..some initial issues

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, roomy, plenty of power"

Cons: "initial rattles which were resolved"

"I have owned this vehicle for 6 weeks....preordered it in December 2013..took ten months to come in since I wanted a second row bench seat. great ride and excellent power and torque. Seats much improved over the last generation denali. Initial problems were steering wheel binding at low speeds and a constant rattle from passenger side. Both issues resolved by GMC dealer. This is my 5th yukon and by far the best in quality, ride , mpg, and comfort"

Powerful and Luxurious. I love this vehicle.

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Great ride. Lots of power. Luxurious interior."

Cons: "Folding 3rd seat does not lay flat."

"We looked at all the high-end SUVs and crossovers. The only ones to compare were the Infinity QX80 and the Cadillac Escalade. The Yukon Denali beats them both. The interior is beautiful. The ride is smooth and quiet. The engine has more power than you will ever need. After 1000 miles we are getting 18 mpg overall, combined city and highway driving."

Read this before you buy a 2014 Denali

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Great ride, performance, handling"

Cons: "Navigation and vibration are show stoppers"

"If you are considering the purchase of a 2015 Yukon XL Denali, read this before you write a check to the dealer. GM has a customer service department that will document your vehicle issues but don’t expect them to do anything more than look for service bulletins and then tell you that the vehicle is working as designed. Of course, this statement will almost always be true! Don’t expect GM to address any design issues or to enlighten you about fixes that are in progress. In August of 2014, I purchased a 2015 Yukon XL Denali. My wife and I drove the new Denali across the US to Seattle and back for a total of 8600 miles. This trip gave me an opportunity to assess the 2015 Yukon Denali under real world travel conditions. I am sharing this review with you so that if you do buy this vehicle, you will do so with your eyes wide open. My wife and I like the ride and handling of the 2015 Denali (this is our 6th Denali/Yukon XL) but I would not purchase this vehicle again now that I have “tried” to use Intellilink and been subjected to constant vibration which GM says is “normal”. GM did release a software update (after refusing to admit that there were any problems) for Intellilink at the beginning of March. The update fixes 31 software bugs that affect your ability to use the radio and navigation systems. The update (#PI1375B) applies to almost every 2015 GM vehicle. Here is what you will like about the new Denali: Ride, handling, performance and fuel economy are excellent, I got 20+mpg on my trip across the US. Blind spot indicators work and will save you from crossing into another lane that has a vehicle in it. Heads-up display is great but don’t wear polarized sunglasses or it will disappear. In-cabin air filter keeps out some of the dust but get the dealer to change it because it is hidden behind the glove box. The cooled front seats will increase your comfort on a hot day but be prepared to listen to the noisy fans. Rear windshield wiper has been moved to the top of the rear window which is an improvement. The rear camera has guide lines that move when you turn the steering wheel which is pretty cool and they are accurate. Heated steering wheel feels good on cold days. Now for the issues list: The truck vibrates from 1200-1600 rpm when the engine is in 4cyl mode. The vibration is bad and GM refuses to admit that it is a defect. All of the 2015 Denali’s have this problem, not just mine. Intellilink is probably one of the worst pieces of software that has ever been written. There are too many issues to list. Some of them may be fixed by the recent software update but I haven’t had a chance to test the fixes. Bottom line is that you can forget about using the navigation system unless the update is applied. Don’t think that GM will notify you when they fix anything that isn’t labeled a “safety problem”. Non-safety fixes don’t even show up in the recall DB. Your only option is to call the dealer every week and ask them if GM has fixed anything related to your vehicle. The headlights produce great light but the projector lenses cut the light off with a sharp horizontal line that is not far enough down the road for you to see any distance. The problem is compounded if you drive on any roads that are not perfectly level. The dealer adjusted my lights and now I can see a comfortable distance but oncoming cars flash their lights at me. I guess they are a little too high. The carpet in the cargo is too Velcro friendly. If you let a Velcro strap from you clothing or baggage touch the carpet, you will pull some of the carpet off because it sticks so well. Don’t look for the automatic lift gate option referred to in the manual or the WiFi hotspot capability because it is not available. Plan on paying more for OnStar if you want to use the Remote Link application on your mobile phone to interface with you vehicle and even more if you want to download maps to the onboard navigation system. The 120v AC outlet is a nice feature but it doesn’t provide enough wattage (150 watts) for much of anything other than charging your cell phone. Don’t let your passenger carry the second key FOB. When both key FOBs are near the vehicle, it gets confused. Memory settings are unpredictable and the alarm sounds if one of you stays in the vehicle. The sun roof has a net that pops up when you open the roof. The purpose of the net is to reduce wind turbulence when driving at highway speeds which it does. Unfortunately, it makes so much noise that you will be forced to close the roof. It also catches bugs. The USB ports work but they don’t provide enough amperage to charge a Samsung S4 if you are actively using the phone. If I haven’t convinced you to wait until these vehicles are worthy of the $75,000 price tag, make sure that you check the paint carefully. Mine has a sliver dollar size defect in the paint on the driver’s side that sticks out like a sore thumb every time I get into the vehicle. I noticed that these vehicles are not being delivered to dealers at this time (March 9, 2015), probably because they don’t work. If you still have to have this vehicle, take one for a test drive at night and have your passenger give the navigation a try. Or better yet, try to rent one for a trip. The phone number for GM Executive offices is 855-435-7284. Write it down because you will need it!"

Per Page:  5 | 10