2010 GMC Yukon

Based on 456 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great vehicle, no problems to report

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "great to drive and very comfortable."

Cons: "a little thirsty."

"I really enjoy this vehicle. A great, comfortable ride with all the extras. A little thirsty but what the heck."

I have had it for 5 mon.

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"It is a great car. No doubt. I bought it in October of 2012. It is a 2012 modle. I got the SLT 4X4 modle. The gas is tough, but I need a Car this big since I have 4 kids. My family gave it the nickname "couches on wheels" Do to how spacious and comfortable it is. It is the best Car I have ever had. The only problem I have had with it is the trunk. It makes noises. We took it back to the shop. They said the brackets were lose. We had had no further problem with it. I would reccomend this car to many people. It is very trustfull."

Perfect vehicle for long trips carrying the family

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Comortable ride, handles great"

Cons: "Getting less miles to the tank with E85 fuel"

"This is a great vehicle for taking long trips with the family comfortably. At first, I was a little hesitant purchasing this vehicle (I had no idea how to use all of the "bells and whistles") but once I got accustomed to all of them, it was the best purchase I have ever made. Features that I loved the best were the heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, navigation, OnStar and XM/Sirius radio. I also liked that it is a Flex Fuel vehicle and I have the choice to use E85 or regular fuel. This comes in handy when you are traveling and are having a difficult time finding gas stations that do not carry more than 10% ethanol fuel."

Nice, but watch the problems - OIL CONSUMPTION

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

"I own a 2007 XL 4x4, SLE, the base model and purchased it new. Its now 5.5 years old & it has 44,000 miles. The BAD: The first 3 years were pretty flawless but around 30k miles things reall started acting up. Oil consumption.... about 1qt per 1,000 miles! That's acceptable to GM!! 1qt per 750 miles is when they will do something about it but only after a drawn out oil consumption test. I had internal door handles replaced a couple times beause of a bad mold. Chrome would peal off and create sharp edges almost cutting fingers. Cosmetic issues included chrome wearing off the front hood trim,exterior door moldings faded as if they had no clearcoat, rims all had spots of corrosion, and the rear liftate had corosion forming at the seams under the gate. GM resolved all but the oil consumption issue at no cost to me which was great. The latest issue is failure of the rear speakers. Only the speakers up front work. This is probably an amp failure which seems pretty common according to forums. The GOOD: It is a very comfortable vehicle to drive and nice to tow with.(up to about about 5,000 lbs. It is reaonably peppy with the 5.3 considering its size. I wish mine had the 6 speed tranny which came later. Mine seems geared just a little too high especially in 3rd and overdrive, but that is probably why it can get 20-21 on the highway if you drive smartly. (It probably would do better if it wasn't burning oil like a 2 stroker!) 19mpg on the Hwy is pretty easy to achieve unless you really have a lead foot. Expect 12 to 14mpg around town. I don't think any vehicle can beat the room. The third row seating is useable for adults, but better suited to the younger crowd. Even with the third row seats in use, it still has a lot of storage space. With good tires, it goes like a tank in the snow. At 44k, it still has the original Good Year Wranglers on it and it could probably reach 50k on them (if I keep the vehicle.) Overall, this is probably a better vehicle than what I have experienced, but this is my second bad one and cannot see myself buying another yukon or suburban because of it. Definitly stay away from the 2007 5.3L engine! That year is what seemed to be plagued by the oil consumption issue and my biggest disspointment in this vehicle BY FAR. Shame on GM for not standing behind their most expensive vehicles! They're probaly losing me and I've always been a GM fan all my life. I hate to say it but mine may be traded on an import. Cheers!"

2008 Yukon XL SE Very Reliable

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Nice smooth ride even on rough roads"

Cons: "Cloth seats are a nightmare to keep clean"

Finish is nice, much better than my wifes Honda CRV

"I bought the vehicle new in December 2008. I got $14k off the sticker due to the poor economy at the time. It has been a great vehicle. The only thing that needed repaired or replaced was the drivers side window motor. It does use about 1 quart of oil every oil change which I only found out within the last 6 months. That concerns me some but I have been told by friends they have the same issues with their Yukons and Acadia's. My vehicle has the cloth seats. They are the microfiber. They are horrible to keep clean and they pick up everything. Its probably the most annoying thing to me about the vehicle. It rides great on the highway and around town. I regularly get 18-20mpg on the highway but around town its about 13mpg. Its decent in the snow, the front seats are comfortable and when you take the back seats out you can fit almost anything in there. Prior to this I had a 1999 GMC Sierra the year they changed the body style. I won't make that mistake again. It had some major design issues. I had it in the shop over 25 times. It went through 5 window motors, the steering shaft and nuckle joint was replaced 3 times and the rear end differential was never aligned correctly and always clunked when put in gear. Its time for me to downsize so I'm thinking about a Toyota 4Runner due to all the negative feedaback I have received from friends that have the Acadia."

Finish is nice, much better than my wifes Honda CRV

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals