2006 GMC Yukon

Based on 917 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

This has been my favorite car. Love it!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable workhorse that is comfortable and safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This is by far the best and most reliable vehicle I have owned. It hauls anything we ask it to, packs up tons of stuff, takes us safely through snow and ice and has cost us very little other than normal maintenance for 13 years. We have driven it all over the western USA and never had issues with mountain driving, desert driving, or off road. Love it !"

A truly great SUV

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Probably almost every pro that could be thought of"

Cons: "It's a bit thirsty, but well worth it."

"I'm 59, retired and spent much of my working life in the car business, Lincoln -Mercury dealer, and went out looking for an Expedition, which I cannot knock, but it only took a few miles of test driving the Yukon Denali and I knew it is a very high quality vehicle in every way. It rides like a Lincoln Town Car, handles very well, is as quiet as a church mouse and with the heavy duty trailer towing package it could pull a battleship over the Rocky Mountains. If you don't mind going off road with a $44K-plus vehicle and have a good set of quality A/T tires it almost takes a sheer rock wall to stop you. It will pull it's way through anything and over almost anything. If you want a luxury SUV that's tougher than diamonds and stronger than steel than purchase a GMC Yukon Denali."

2003YukonXL2WD

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"03 1500Yukon XL 2WD SLT with 5.3Z motor and towing package. Put electric brake kit and Helywig High Performance Sway bars on it and towed 6000 lbs without much problem. A little too much weight for the vehicle's suspension, and the 5.3 needs about 89 octane to run well in normal conditions, 93 in hot low density air. Bose system is tops. Leather lasted over 110K. Only problems encountered were annoying rattle in steering column from poorly designed U-joint (factory recalled and still not fixed), loss of Right Bank Catylitic Converter at 70K miles and fuel pump at 80K. Other than that, no problems. 4L60E trans has weakness in that it unlocks torqe converter for mild speed changes due to limited engine power. Engine is great... but still lacking for towing applications. Used a 6.0 in comparison and it did all right. Brakes, as always with Yukons, are mushy, but do not lead to fade when tested. Brakes could be better if same system used on 2500HD's was utilized... much better. Overall, this vehicle has been a great buy and we have enjoyed it. 15mpg city / 18 mpg highway (wife driving 70) and 16 mpg when I drive. Towing not too bad, about 12-13 mpg. Worth the money, but go with the 3/4 ton diesel truck if you really need to tow. Even the 8.1 doesn't hold anything to the diesel."

Every GM Truck should be ALL WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Out Runs Mustangs, Looks Great Doing It."

Cons: "The Supercharger Should Have Been A Factory Option"

"#1 I have a 18000 Lb, trailer fully loaded with 3 mud buggies, No problem for my Denali. 70 MPH on the interstate, just push the long pedal and hold on. #2 With the new supercharger I can pull ANYTHING and still get 25+ mpg's. #3 ALL WHEEL DRIVE. #4 With 550 H.P. to the wheels, this is the only AWD anything I know of that can smoke all 4 tires...WOW What a truck, seats 8, Built to pull and looks Great...GOOD JOB GM, For your next feat of engineering, Build An AWD Corvette... I Dare You!!!"

BEST TRUCK I HAVE OWNED

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "very reliable, great in the snow, comfortable"

Cons: "no locking glove compartment or console"

"This Yukon is my second one and I had a Tahoe prior to either of the Yukons. this is by far the best of the group and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a used Yukon. Strong, comfortable and very sure footed in the snow."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals