1995 GMC Yukon

Based on 177 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Very Nice Truck!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "really fun to drive"

Cons: "mpg is a little rough"

"When I turned 15 my uncle gave me his 1994 GMC Yukon. I loved it so much for its reliability. It has quite a bit of power and very good towing. Up in the North of the country weather gets very harsh. This truck has helped me get out of snow and helped towed my friends out of ditches. This is an awesome truck!"

It can do anything!!! just not efficiently.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "FUN FUN FUN!!! invinceable tank"

Cons: "not the best gas mileage"

"It can drive over any terrain or weather condition. It can pull waaay more than you think it can. It can carry 5 legally but I've had 8 inside COMFORTABLY!!! Its frame will protect you in any crash so long as you stay inside of it. Despite wieghing 6500 lbs it is actually pretty fast! I race people from time to time and I have beaten almost all of them. It is extremly comfortable and drives like its still new even after 205,000 miles. This vehicle can do anything, go anywhere, and take any challenge...so long as you can afford a little gas. At its best we got 18 mpg and that was dragging a boat through the mountains. Normally we expect 13 mpg average in the winter and 15 in the summer since the final drive gear takes longer to drop in when first started."

Engineered defects

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon. I had to replace the fuel pump, very expensive, at about 110k miles, and then the water pump at 120K. Funny thing is, I also own a 1998 chevy pickup and my father owns a 1999 chevy tahoe and all three vehicles needed the same parts replaced within 6 months of eachother and within 5k miles of eachother. Also had to replace the alternators and starters at about the same intervals and within a couple of months of eachother. I think that this is the strongest evidence I have ever seen of engineering defects into a vehicle so that they can make the aftermarket money. The big three american auto makers want to know why they are losing market share, well quality is a great big reason. Also, all three of these vehicles were "assembled" at the plant in mexico, if that has anything to do with it. Hope GM saved some money because it sure is costing me a bundle."

Owned 4 GMT400s...best truck built in the 90's

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"I've have owned 4 GMT400s over the years and all over 200k. I've had 2 95s, 97 and 98. The 95 year has to be one of most reliable vechicals out there. When they went to Vortec in 96 there was some issues with intake gasket and fuel injectors...but still a great truck. Fuel gauges are sensitive to to bad fuel and can fail. Otherwise no issues and the suspension is rock solid, never replaced anything in any of ones i've owned. When you want to shift the transmission manually, just lift the gas pedal a little...this also keeps the trans from wearing out. Extract and replace a few quarts of trans fluid every 30-40k."

the best suv i have ever owned

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "4 wheel drive works great"

Cons: "tons of cup holders"

"if u dont have one buy oone there great"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals