1994 GMC Yukon

Based on 177 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Very Nice Truck!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "really fun to drive"

Cons: "mpg is a little rough"

"When I turned 15 my uncle gave me his 1994 GMC Yukon. I loved it so much for its reliability. It has quite a bit of power and very good towing. Up in the North of the country weather gets very harsh. This truck has helped me get out of snow and helped towed my friends out of ditches. This is an awesome truck!"

It can do anything!!! just not efficiently.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "FUN FUN FUN!!! invinceable tank"

Cons: "not the best gas mileage"

"It can drive over any terrain or weather condition. It can pull waaay more than you think it can. It can carry 5 legally but I've had 8 inside COMFORTABLY!!! Its frame will protect you in any crash so long as you stay inside of it. Despite wieghing 6500 lbs it is actually pretty fast! I race people from time to time and I have beaten almost all of them. It is extremly comfortable and drives like its still new even after 205,000 miles. This vehicle can do anything, go anywhere, and take any challenge...so long as you can afford a little gas. At its best we got 18 mpg and that was dragging a boat through the mountains. Normally we expect 13 mpg average in the winter and 15 in the summer since the final drive gear takes longer to drop in when first started."

Engineered defects

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon. I had to replace the fuel pump, very expensive, at about 110k miles, and then the water pump at 120K. Funny thing is, I also own a 1998 chevy pickup and my father owns a 1999 chevy tahoe and all three vehicles needed the same parts replaced within 6 months of eachother and within 5k miles of eachother. Also had to replace the alternators and starters at about the same intervals and within a couple of months of eachother. I think that this is the strongest evidence I have ever seen of engineering defects into a vehicle so that they can make the aftermarket money. The big three american auto makers want to know why they are losing market share, well quality is a great big reason. Also, all three of these vehicles were "assembled" at the plant in mexico, if that has anything to do with it. Hope GM saved some money because it sure is costing me a bundle."

Owned 4 GMT400s...best truck built in the 90's

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"I've have owned 4 GMT400s over the years and all over 200k. I've had 2 95s, 97 and 98. The 95 year has to be one of most reliable vechicals out there. When they went to Vortec in 96 there was some issues with intake gasket and fuel injectors...but still a great truck. Fuel gauges are sensitive to to bad fuel and can fail. Otherwise no issues and the suspension is rock solid, never replaced anything in any of ones i've owned. When you want to shift the transmission manually, just lift the gas pedal a little...this also keeps the trans from wearing out. Extract and replace a few quarts of trans fluid every 30-40k."

the best suv i have ever owned

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "4 wheel drive works great"

Cons: "tons of cup holders"

"if u dont have one buy oone there great"

good car, enjoyable, flexible use

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

"we liked and still like this car -- but a V-8 means it uses more gasoline than we would like. Good for towing, family outings, we have driven single trips more than 3,000 miles with pretty good dependability and comfort. Have camped in it and slept in the back, hauled firewood, sofas,etc. and has been useful at moving time. Wife feels safe driving on highways populated with big trucks. On the down side, repairs tend to be on the expensive side - but that's mostly labor costs -- parts are not cheap but more reasonable than foreign cars."

most reliable truck ive ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "roomy, powerful,based on a truck chasis real 4wd"

Cons: "12 mpg"

"bought last year for 2000 needing intake gaskets (very common problem with early vortec engines) did it my self and for under 100$ had a good reliable family truck. its a 98 and it had 110000 miles and now i got 157000 on it now other than set of tires brakes and normal stuff oil trans dif and transfer case oil changes its very reliable and runs great does anything i ask of it and just does it and im not easy on trucks"

This vehicle is reliable!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seats"

Cons: "new Yukons are pricey."

"This vehicle has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. It drives great. I still take 3000 mile trips with no concern of being stranded. I live where there is a lot of ice and snow. We also live close to a lake with sandy beaches. I have never been stuck in our Yukon but I have pulled out other vehicles that were. Our Yukon is 15 years old and we have only replaced a water pump and the battery a couple of times. It is comfortable and my kids have lots of space. I also like that there is plenty of room in the back. We have used it to move also."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Normal maint. issues. otherwise reliable."

great truck

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "a do everything vehicle"

Cons: "only 2 small cup holders and not great mpg"

"gets 15 to 16 mpg with a 350 ci. not bad in my book. plenty of power. great for off road or on road. has a smooth ride."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals