1994 GMC Yukon

Based on 177 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"this has been my daily driver for the past four years and has held up quite nicely. i drive 70 miles a day and don't feel beat up when i get out. for as many miles that i have on it, i don't have the creaks and cracks that so many other cars have of this vintage. i am still getting 15mpg"

Sell after 100K

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon Denali. Ever since it reached 100K miles it has cost me a fortune. It has left me stranded twice. I have had to replace the coolant connection, the water pump and the intake manifold. These are all coolant related issues and were not cheap to fix. I have had to replace the fuel pump. Brilliant design (it's inside the gas tank and costs about $800 to fix) The air conditioner went out at 110K and it is going to cost $1100 to fix! The interior lights and radio lights are going out, the heated seats are staring to go out. The power windows and door locks are worn out and do not work properly. All of this would be fine if they could be fixed but they can't they all have to be entirely replaced and on average all of these parts cost over $300 dollars to replace. I purchased this vehicle with 45K and didn't really have any problems until it reached 100K. I never use the truck to haul anything and it is used for mostly highway driving. This vehicle has been paid off for some time but what good is it when every time I turn around it needs something else. On a positive note the motor is strong and the truck looks great. It has great interior space and plenty of room for passengers or cargo. It doesn't get great gas mileage, but it's not supposed to. Overall it was a fine truck I would just sell it before you get 100K on it. I have over 130K miles on mine and it needs over 2K in repairs just so everything would work properly. I have another vehicle with over 175K on it and have had very few problems. I didn't expect my Yukon to last forever but I expected more than this. Toyota here I come!"

Engineered defects

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon. I had to replace the fuel pump, very expensive, at about 110k miles, and then the water pump at 120K. Funny thing is, I also own a 1998 chevy pickup and my father owns a 1999 chevy tahoe and all three vehicles needed the same parts replaced within 6 months of eachother and within 5k miles of eachother. Also had to replace the alternators and starters at about the same intervals and within a couple of months of eachother. I think that this is the strongest evidence I have ever seen of engineering defects into a vehicle so that they can make the aftermarket money. The big three american auto makers want to know why they are losing market share, well quality is a great big reason. Also, all three of these vehicles were "assembled" at the plant in mexico, if that has anything to do with it. Hope GM saved some money because it sure is costing me a bundle."

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Car has 200,000 miles on it and has the last of the "bulletproof" engines (all steel). Last trip from California to the East Coast showed how powerful the unit is as it travelled over 4000 miles including sight seeing along the way. Up or down mountains were no problem, not a single problem with the cooling system. Averaged slightly over 19 mpg for the trip. Reliability and performance excellent."

LOVE THIS TRUCK

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"WHEN WE BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE IT HAD 43,000 MILES ON IT. WE HAVE OWNED THIS SUV FOR SEVEN YEARS AND HAVE PUT OVER 150,000 MILES ON IT. WE LOVE HOW IT RIDES AND DRIVES. WE HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO ANYTHING MAJOR TO IT, ONLY ROUTINE MAINTENANCE. THE ROOMINESS WITH TWO TEENAGERS IS UNBELIEVABLE. AS A MOM ON THE GO, I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals