2013 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,111 - $43,812.

10/7.5

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Best large SUV ever! Will only buy from now on!

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "Runs amazing! Very comforterable. Cleans well"

Cons: "None!"

"We have had Range Rovers, Mercedes, and BMW. This is our second Yukon, and we will only buy these from now on! Amazing!!"

Great vehicle.

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "See above."

Cons: "See above."

"Pros: ride, handling, power, comfort, look, conveniences. Con: rear side window visibility. What would I change in my selected options? I would have chosen the second row Captain's chairs over the bench."

Great Ride, Poor Quality

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "good power, quiet ride"

Cons: "nav system needs constant map updates"

"Leased a new Denali XL1500 in 2008. Chose for preceived comfort, reliability, cargo space and of course to support GMC. All went well until a month before the lease expired. Drivers side front and passenger door locks became inoperative. Drivers side front and passenger door handles broke loose from door. Auto dimmer feature for interior dash/nav lights dimmed for night driving during full daylight. I had an option to buy out the lease at which time during signing, I notified dealer of all issues and they brought the car around back to 'remedy all issues' while I signed paperwork. Much to my surprise, after signing and receiving vehicle back, nothing was fixed(!) They stated they attempted to reload the remote control which should have fixed the door lock issue, but did not. Dealer stated they could not figure out the problem. (Did I mention that during the lease period the drivers door lock became inoperative and when having my oil changed, the same dealer took the car into the garage and within 20 minutes brought the car back with drivers lock now working? - they stated they had to replace the lock mechanism....great - why couldn't they do the same prior to my lease buyout) Most likely a defective dealership, however, if these quality issues did not surface in the first place, there would be no need for this awkward situation. Upon my notification to the dealer that afternoon after purchase, they notified me that they will be happy to remedy after I schedule an appointment and pay for the work. Extremely dissapointed with GMC over such minor QA issues with broken door handles and door locks...should never happen for sure with a vehicle with less than 52k miles at the time."

The Good Bad and the Ugly

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"Looks great, drives great, rides great and even get decent gas mileage on the highway for a car this big. but....it has been the the shop at least once a month for the 29 months we have owned it...computer problems and a lot of small mechanical stuff. This car is a reliablity and maintenance night mare. We are so disappointed at the reliablity...but I must stay that GMC has been expectional at fixing every problem in a timely manner. We will be returing the Yukon when the 39 month lease is up and are undecided if we will purchase another one"

This truck saved my family!

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"On Friday 8-28-09, my Yukon was rear-ended by a 20 year old punk with a 1990 Mustand going, literally, 100 mph. He hit my Yukon, picked it up and then procedded to drive underneath it. I honestly believe that the design of this truck saved my family. It help up very well! I wish I could post pictures of how minimal my damages were!"

very solid, drives like a car,attractive,reliable

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "commands respect on highway; view superior, very r"

"May sell to a good friend and he won't be sorry. He'd be getting a great vehicle. Clean, responsive, attractive, vey solid and handles superbly."

Electrical problems - CONSTANTLY

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, smooth ride. Looks great."

Cons: "Electrical problems are driving me nuts."

"My Yukon XL is in the shop regularily. Front speakers keep cutting out, which also knocks out the ultrasonic backup assist, and turn signal chimes. Also, had it in the garage twice for driver power seat failure (and now needs to go in again). Once for side view mirror motor failure, Lift gate actuator failure. Had two new stereo heads put in, still same problem with speakers cutting out. Had 1 new amp put in, still speakers cut out. A coworker has a 2008 Yukon with same options, way more miles and he's never had it in the shop. I guess I got the dud. My local dealership has been great. Actually, any GM dealer I've been to has been good, but these guys go above and beyond to take care of me when the car is in the shop."

Great vehicle, no problems to report

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "great to drive and very comfortable."

Cons: "a little thirsty."

"I really enjoy this vehicle. A great, comfortable ride with all the extras. A little thirsty but what the heck."

Superb Value!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"I previously owned a 2010 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Series. By switching to the GMC I dropped my monthly payment $500 AND got a car one year newer! OK, the trim is not as fancy. It does not have the cool LED lights (I hated the headlight performance on the Caddy) but these lights are much brighter anyway. The leather is not as pretty, the cup holder does not heat and cool and I don't have DVD players in the head rests. But everything else is the exact same right down to the engine, transmission, suspension and the power running boards. Keep the Caddy! I'm happy with my GMC!!!"

Overall 9.5

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Bose sound system and Horsepower A"

Cons: "High Beams and Navigation System - Worthless"

"Overall I am very happy with my Yukon Denali. There are two things that GMC needs to address. First, the High Beam Headlights couldn't be worse. Low Beams are fine. Next, the navigation system should be optional. It is worthless. I choose my Garmin GPS hands down. Now the two greatest surprises; first, the Bose Sound System has all the power and bass I will ever need. The Sub-woofer is the greatest. Next, THE HORSEPOWER!!! It's about time GM builds a 6000# muscle truck! Good job GM, dump that worthless Nav System and redesign the headlights for a perfect score."

Makes long trips enjoyable

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Power, Looks,"

Cons: "NAV is a joke"

"This SUV is a joy to drive. I can't say enough about the 6.2 engine. It has more power then you will ever need plus you can get up to 17 MPG @ 65 MPH on the highway but in town 13 MPG on a good day. That may not sound good to some but this thing will pass anyone and is all wheel drive. The seats are comfortable the DVD system is a must for 4 kids but don't waste you money on the NAV you can do much better with a Tom Tom. At first I was kicking my self for spending that much money but I think its worth it."

Not Bad

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Purchased vehicle new 7/2008. Now have 90K miles on it Have had some problems; had to replace main rear main engine seal @ 35K (under warranty thank God!); drivers floor mat wore out @ 30K miles. Gas Mileage improved by about 5 miles/gal when I reached 50K. Have had to replace black molding on inner drivers door opening twice (30k and 75k). The rear passenger door (lt side) will not unlock with power lock or remote, have to let down window and unlock manually (about 40K mile point). Interior is wearing well. Starting to see what appears to be rust at inside of drivers door and inside of rear lift glass. This vehicle replaced a 2004 Expedition with 345K on it. Hope this last as long!"

big truck

By on Sunday, April 05, 2009

"I bought my first suburban in 1999 and have owned 3 more since. My 2007 is easily the most refined, the quietest and best handling. The cylinder deactivation feature is pointless, I get less mpg when compared to my 2005 Denali (which had more power and full-time fwd). The only reason we continue to buy such a big vehicle is because we have 4 children and a big dog and we do a lot of road trips. When loaded, this vehicle is awesome freeway vehicle, extremely quite. The kids can watch a dvd and I can listen to the satellite radio. But at 13.5 mpg (which is the real average for this vehicle) its getting hard to justify, especially if gas goes above $3/gal, which it will again. Unless you really need the size, I would consider the gmc acadia. Too bad GM doesn't have a good diesel to put in this behemoth!"

Am a total fan of GMC Yukons and Yukon XL's

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great suspension, looks great, love this vehicle"

Cons: "Could get better fuel mileage"

"This is my 3rd Yukon and I have just ordered my 4th. I have and always will love GMC Yukons and Yukon XL's."

wonderful drivability and outstanding looks.

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

"I love driving my Yukon Denali. It is very well built and I feel very safe in it. I get alot of complements on the looks of it. Good gas mileage. I am a petite woman but its very easy to drive. I would like more storage for personal stuff to be out of sight, like a hidden covered box behind the drivers seat like the Lexus SUV. Really appreciate the blind spot things in my rear view mirrors. Wish the window button would go up as fast it goes down with a one press. Don't like holding the button down to get window to go up."

Perfect vehicle for long trips carrying the family

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Comortable ride, handles great"

Cons: "Getting less miles to the tank with E85 fuel"

"This is a great vehicle for taking long trips with the family comfortably. At first, I was a little hesitant purchasing this vehicle (I had no idea how to use all of the "bells and whistles") but once I got accustomed to all of them, it was the best purchase I have ever made. Features that I loved the best were the heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, navigation, OnStar and XM/Sirius radio. I also liked that it is a Flex Fuel vehicle and I have the choice to use E85 or regular fuel. This comes in handy when you are traveling and are having a difficult time finding gas stations that do not carry more than 10% ethanol fuel."

Love my Yukon

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, great ride for long trips, reliable"

Cons: "Parking it and in town gas mileage."

"I love my extended 2009 Yukon XL. It is equipped like a Denali but we did not pay the price of it. We moved from Virginia to Los Angeles with 2 kids and 2 dogs and had the car packed full plus the car top carrier and still got about 18-20 mpg! Around town we get about 14-15mpg which is not bad for such a large vehicle. I do hate parking it here in Los Angeles. Parking spaces too narrow so I park at the end of lots and still have no door dings! The bucket leather seats are like sitting in a lazy boy recliner. Can't give this car enough praise!"

Bittersweet!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Drove very nice. Ample room. Great turning ratio"

Cons: "Pricey. Tend to have mechanical issues over time."

"I bought my 2007 SLE 2x2 new and have babied it with regular maintenance. I rarely put more than 3500 miles on it before an oil change and go by the book with recommended maintenance. It now has 135,000 miles on it and looks like new. I started getting a "service traction control" reading and took it in for service. A funny thing happened on my way to get it serviced. The engine (5.3 liter V8) developed a small miss. I asked the dealership to check the miss out as well. They called and advised me that it dropped a valve and they found metal in the oil pan. Long story short it requires a new engine. Granted I have 135000 miles on it which are 50/50 highway and city but I know of three other people who have had a similar experience. The dealership where I get mine serviced had one the day before I took mine in as well. It had 115000 miles on it. Otherwise I loved this SUV. It was a pleasure to drive and I got 22 miles per gallon when on the road and around 17-18 in town. Will I buy another one? Probably not. I am not willing to make a $40-50k mistake."

I have had it for 5 mon.

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"It is a great car. No doubt. I bought it in October of 2012. It is a 2012 modle. I got the SLT 4X4 modle. The gas is tough, but I need a Car this big since I have 4 kids. My family gave it the nickname "couches on wheels" Do to how spacious and comfortable it is. It is the best Car I have ever had. The only problem I have had with it is the trunk. It makes noises. We took it back to the shop. They said the brackets were lose. We had had no further problem with it. I would reccomend this car to many people. It is very trustfull."

Nice, but watch the problems - OIL CONSUMPTION

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

"I own a 2007 XL 4x4, SLE, the base model and purchased it new. Its now 5.5 years old & it has 44,000 miles. The BAD: The first 3 years were pretty flawless but around 30k miles things reall started acting up. Oil consumption.... about 1qt per 1,000 miles! That's acceptable to GM!! 1qt per 750 miles is when they will do something about it but only after a drawn out oil consumption test. I had internal door handles replaced a couple times beause of a bad mold. Chrome would peal off and create sharp edges almost cutting fingers. Cosmetic issues included chrome wearing off the front hood trim,exterior door moldings faded as if they had no clearcoat, rims all had spots of corrosion, and the rear liftate had corosion forming at the seams under the gate. GM resolved all but the oil consumption issue at no cost to me which was great. The latest issue is failure of the rear speakers. Only the speakers up front work. This is probably an amp failure which seems pretty common according to forums. The GOOD: It is a very comfortable vehicle to drive and nice to tow with.(up to about about 5,000 lbs. It is reaonably peppy with the 5.3 considering its size. I wish mine had the 6 speed tranny which came later. Mine seems geared just a little too high especially in 3rd and overdrive, but that is probably why it can get 20-21 on the highway if you drive smartly. (It probably would do better if it wasn't burning oil like a 2 stroker!) 19mpg on the Hwy is pretty easy to achieve unless you really have a lead foot. Expect 12 to 14mpg around town. I don't think any vehicle can beat the room. The third row seating is useable for adults, but better suited to the younger crowd. Even with the third row seats in use, it still has a lot of storage space. With good tires, it goes like a tank in the snow. At 44k, it still has the original Good Year Wranglers on it and it could probably reach 50k on them (if I keep the vehicle.) Overall, this is probably a better vehicle than what I have experienced, but this is my second bad one and cannot see myself buying another yukon or suburban because of it. Definitly stay away from the 2007 5.3L engine! That year is what seemed to be plagued by the oil consumption issue and my biggest disspointment in this vehicle BY FAR. Shame on GM for not standing behind their most expensive vehicles! They're probaly losing me and I've always been a GM fan all my life. I hate to say it but mine may be traded on an import. Cheers!"

2008 Yukon XL SE Very Reliable

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Nice smooth ride even on rough roads"

Cons: "Cloth seats are a nightmare to keep clean"

Finish is nice, much better than my wifes Honda CRV

"I bought the vehicle new in December 2008. I got $14k off the sticker due to the poor economy at the time. It has been a great vehicle. The only thing that needed repaired or replaced was the drivers side window motor. It does use about 1 quart of oil every oil change which I only found out within the last 6 months. That concerns me some but I have been told by friends they have the same issues with their Yukons and Acadia's. My vehicle has the cloth seats. They are the microfiber. They are horrible to keep clean and they pick up everything. Its probably the most annoying thing to me about the vehicle. It rides great on the highway and around town. I regularly get 18-20mpg on the highway but around town its about 13mpg. Its decent in the snow, the front seats are comfortable and when you take the back seats out you can fit almost anything in there. Prior to this I had a 1999 GMC Sierra the year they changed the body style. I won't make that mistake again. It had some major design issues. I had it in the shop over 25 times. It went through 5 window motors, the steering shaft and nuckle joint was replaced 3 times and the rear end differential was never aligned correctly and always clunked when put in gear. Its time for me to downsize so I'm thinking about a Toyota 4Runner due to all the negative feedaback I have received from friends that have the Acadia."

Finish is nice, much better than my wifes Honda CRV

2007 GMC Denali AWD

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, electronics, look, sound, seating, engine"

Cons: "Fuel, cost & transmission (sometimes jumpy)"

"Owned for 2 years now. Pros: Great SUV feel Interior is well appointed and holds up well: leather, electronics, navigation, rear sensors, sound-system (Bose), etc are all GREAT Love the exterior looks and stock exhaust sound (opinion) Fits plenty of people comfortably (6-7 adults) Engine is more than adequate Moderate: Road noise isn't too loud or too quiet Cons: Fuel consumption Cost to purchase Often jumpy transmission"

Simply the best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, safety, excellent handling"

Cons: "Could have better city MPG. Highway MPG at 19 is"

"After owning over 100 vehicles combined, this is simply the best all around vehicle I have ever had."

Fantastic huge powerful gas sipper

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy for huge vehicle"

Cons: "Handling, navigation."

"For a whale of a vehicle, getting 22 mpg, hard to beat while still having ability to tow a boat, or trailer. Navigation needs to be better and easier to use, $99 Garmin is much better. Interior is great, stereo very full and rich sounding, and the kids love the DVD player. Heated seats are a must, and work very nicely to warm your core before engine heats up. Vehicle could handle a little better, but the ride is like butter. Very easy to learn how to drive the Hybrid system to maximize mpg, if you really baby it, you can squeeze 25mpg out of it on long trips. GM went over the top with the Hybrid badges and decals everywhere. I love my Yukon Hybrid."

Best vehicle ever !

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Room, Power, and luxury features"

Cons: "Handle on passenger doors outside worked loose"

"This is my 3rd Yukon XL. Wonderful vehicles especially for active lifestyles. Can carry 7/8 passengers and all your stuff !! In addition has amazing power for such a large vehicle with good towing capacity."