2013 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,684 - $44,355.

10/7.5

Based on 415 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great vehicle.

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "See above."

Cons: "See above."

"Pros: ride, handling, power, comfort, look, conveniences. Con: rear side window visibility. What would I change in my selected options? I would have chosen the second row Captain's chairs over the bench."

Best large SUV ever! Will only buy from now on!

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "Runs amazing! Very comforterable. Cleans well"

Cons: "None!"

"We have had Range Rovers, Mercedes, and BMW. This is our second Yukon, and we will only buy these from now on! Amazing!!"

Great Ride, Poor Quality

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "good power, quiet ride"

Cons: "nav system needs constant map updates"

"Leased a new Denali XL1500 in 2008. Chose for preceived comfort, reliability, cargo space and of course to support GMC. All went well until a month before the lease expired. Drivers side front and passenger door locks became inoperative. Drivers side front and passenger door handles broke loose from door. Auto dimmer feature for interior dash/nav lights dimmed for night driving during full daylight. I had an option to buy out the lease at which time during signing, I notified dealer of all issues and they brought the car around back to 'remedy all issues' while I signed paperwork. Much to my surprise, after signing and receiving vehicle back, nothing was fixed(!) They stated they attempted to reload the remote control which should have fixed the door lock issue, but did not. Dealer stated they could not figure out the problem. (Did I mention that during the lease period the drivers door lock became inoperative and when having my oil changed, the same dealer took the car into the garage and within 20 minutes brought the car back with drivers lock now working? - they stated they had to replace the lock mechanism....great - why couldn't they do the same prior to my lease buyout) Most likely a defective dealership, however, if these quality issues did not surface in the first place, there would be no need for this awkward situation. Upon my notification to the dealer that afternoon after purchase, they notified me that they will be happy to remedy after I schedule an appointment and pay for the work. Extremely dissapointed with GMC over such minor QA issues with broken door handles and door locks...should never happen for sure with a vehicle with less than 52k miles at the time."

The Good Bad and the Ugly

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"Looks great, drives great, rides great and even get decent gas mileage on the highway for a car this big. but....it has been the the shop at least once a month for the 29 months we have owned it...computer problems and a lot of small mechanical stuff. This car is a reliablity and maintenance night mare. We are so disappointed at the reliablity...but I must stay that GMC has been expectional at fixing every problem in a timely manner. We will be returing the Yukon when the 39 month lease is up and are undecided if we will purchase another one"

This truck saved my family!

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"On Friday 8-28-09, my Yukon was rear-ended by a 20 year old punk with a 1990 Mustand going, literally, 100 mph. He hit my Yukon, picked it up and then procedded to drive underneath it. I honestly believe that the design of this truck saved my family. It help up very well! I wish I could post pictures of how minimal my damages were!"

very solid, drives like a car,attractive,reliable

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "commands respect on highway; view superior, very r"

"May sell to a good friend and he won't be sorry. He'd be getting a great vehicle. Clean, responsive, attractive, vey solid and handles superbly."

Electrical problems - CONSTANTLY

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, smooth ride. Looks great."

Cons: "Electrical problems are driving me nuts."

"My Yukon XL is in the shop regularily. Front speakers keep cutting out, which also knocks out the ultrasonic backup assist, and turn signal chimes. Also, had it in the garage twice for driver power seat failure (and now needs to go in again). Once for side view mirror motor failure, Lift gate actuator failure. Had two new stereo heads put in, still same problem with speakers cutting out. Had 1 new amp put in, still speakers cut out. A coworker has a 2008 Yukon with same options, way more miles and he's never had it in the shop. I guess I got the dud. My local dealership has been great. Actually, any GM dealer I've been to has been good, but these guys go above and beyond to take care of me when the car is in the shop."

Great vehicle, no problems to report

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "great to drive and very comfortable."

Cons: "a little thirsty."

"I really enjoy this vehicle. A great, comfortable ride with all the extras. A little thirsty but what the heck."

Superb Value!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"I previously owned a 2010 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Series. By switching to the GMC I dropped my monthly payment $500 AND got a car one year newer! OK, the trim is not as fancy. It does not have the cool LED lights (I hated the headlight performance on the Caddy) but these lights are much brighter anyway. The leather is not as pretty, the cup holder does not heat and cool and I don't have DVD players in the head rests. But everything else is the exact same right down to the engine, transmission, suspension and the power running boards. Keep the Caddy! I'm happy with my GMC!!!"

Overall 9.5

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Bose sound system and Horsepower A"

Cons: "High Beams and Navigation System - Worthless"

"Overall I am very happy with my Yukon Denali. There are two things that GMC needs to address. First, the High Beam Headlights couldn't be worse. Low Beams are fine. Next, the navigation system should be optional. It is worthless. I choose my Garmin GPS hands down. Now the two greatest surprises; first, the Bose Sound System has all the power and bass I will ever need. The Sub-woofer is the greatest. Next, THE HORSEPOWER!!! It's about time GM builds a 6000# muscle truck! Good job GM, dump that worthless Nav System and redesign the headlights for a perfect score."