2012 GMC Yukon XL 2500

Based on 454 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Great vehicle, no problems to report

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "great to drive and very comfortable."

Cons: "a little thirsty."

"I really enjoy this vehicle. A great, comfortable ride with all the extras. A little thirsty but what the heck."

Nice car for 2007

By on Monday, January 11, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, Power, Towing"

Cons: "Wheel finish, door squeak, legroom, air suspension"

"I bought this car used, around 3 years ago. I paid about $22K for it, here in Washington. I am about to get something newer due to it's aging status. It is a big comfortable car. Things that I like a lot are the 6.2 liter engine with 6 speed transmission, and the full time 4WD. This car is quiet on the freeway and cruises effortlessly. Heated seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, and lots of great comfort features. The 2nd row seats do not have a lot of legroom for a vehicle this size, the 3rd row is worse but we rarely use them. The exhaust note on startup is awesome. I added an aftermarket Bluestar bluetooth module to the stock OnStar system for cell phone integration, it works well. Navigation is weak and looks like an old Atari game, but this is an old system now. Problem areas I have seen are: power running boards don't always work; the air suspension in the rear seems problematic and the compressor or shocks fail at a high rate triggering suspension warnings on the dash (expensive repairs); the chrome on the chrome wheels flake off, resulting cosmetic disrepair and in air leaks, we have to add air weekly to some tires since the bead won't hold air; the front door mechanisms bind up and require lots of lubing to avoid squeaks and groans when opening and closing the doors. There was a recall on the heated windshield washer module, apparently it can catch fire. They just deactivate it and give you $100, which is not a fair trade for the value of the feature. We get about 13mpg on average with mixed city/highway driving. I can get 17mpg or more on long trips, but this is not our normal driving mode. The tank seems to hold about 22 gallons of regular fuel."

Best vehicle I ever owned. Carries all you need.

By on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Pros: "Vehicle taken care of."

Cons: "Large wheel base on parking lot turns."

"Large vehicle that can carry all you need. Great vehicles to own for vacations, road travel, and any hobby. I've taken great care of this vehicle and its been garage kept. Just received the update for the G.P.S. system (2013 edition). The newest system out there. The 2015 G.P.S. is not yet available."

Bittersweet!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Drove very nice. Ample room. Great turning ratio"

Cons: "Pricey. Tend to have mechanical issues over time."

"I bought my 2007 SLE 2x2 new and have babied it with regular maintenance. I rarely put more than 3500 miles on it before an oil change and go by the book with recommended maintenance. It now has 135,000 miles on it and looks like new. I started getting a "service traction control" reading and took it in for service. A funny thing happened on my way to get it serviced. The engine (5.3 liter V8) developed a small miss. I asked the dealership to check the miss out as well. They called and advised me that it dropped a valve and they found metal in the oil pan. Long story short it requires a new engine. Granted I have 135000 miles on it which are 50/50 highway and city but I know of three other people who have had a similar experience. The dealership where I get mine serviced had one the day before I took mine in as well. It had 115000 miles on it. Otherwise I loved this SUV. It was a pleasure to drive and I got 22 miles per gallon when on the road and around 17-18 in town. Will I buy another one? Probably not. I am not willing to make a $40-50k mistake."

I have had it for 5 mon.

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"It is a great car. No doubt. I bought it in October of 2012. It is a 2012 modle. I got the SLT 4X4 modle. The gas is tough, but I need a Car this big since I have 4 kids. My family gave it the nickname "couches on wheels" Do to how spacious and comfortable it is. It is the best Car I have ever had. The only problem I have had with it is the trunk. It makes noises. We took it back to the shop. They said the brackets were lose. We had had no further problem with it. I would reccomend this car to many people. It is very trustfull."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon XL 2500 near Honolulu. See local deals