2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500

Based on 902 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Exceptional vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Powerful and easy to drive"

"This SUV has been a staple in our family for 15 years. It is reliable and hard working. We have 246,000 miles on the original engine and transmission (no rebuilds either). The truck has required some work over its lifetime, but it wasn't the worst car that I've ever seen. The body is rusty, but that's GM's fault for designing their rockers the way they did (and mine for living in Wisconsin). That being said, It is a quality built vehicle and i would have no problem taking it cross country today."

This has been my favorite car. Love it!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable workhorse that is comfortable and safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This is by far the best and most reliable vehicle I have owned. It hauls anything we ask it to, packs up tons of stuff, takes us safely through snow and ice and has cost us very little other than normal maintenance for 13 years. We have driven it all over the western USA and never had issues with mountain driving, desert driving, or off road. Love it !"

great value for the money

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"Great truck needs nothing, fair price of 12.500$ comes with 20`` wheels and like new tires,heated leather,bose , the works very nice truck awesome in the snow"

Awesome ride

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, style, a hot rod in disguise!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love my Denali except for the gas mileage which is dismal due to the full time AWD. That very feature however makes it awesome. I drive from Texas to,las Vegas sometimes in winter driving conditions and through the mountains and this truck never misses a beat. It's sure footed as a mountain goat. I am not sure however if I will go for another Denali because of the gas mileage. I may go for a Yukon XL or escalade esv with optional four wheel."

2003YukonXL2WD

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"03 1500Yukon XL 2WD SLT with 5.3Z motor and towing package. Put electric brake kit and Helywig High Performance Sway bars on it and towed 6000 lbs without much problem. A little too much weight for the vehicle's suspension, and the 5.3 needs about 89 octane to run well in normal conditions, 93 in hot low density air. Bose system is tops. Leather lasted over 110K. Only problems encountered were annoying rattle in steering column from poorly designed U-joint (factory recalled and still not fixed), loss of Right Bank Catylitic Converter at 70K miles and fuel pump at 80K. Other than that, no problems. 4L60E trans has weakness in that it unlocks torqe converter for mild speed changes due to limited engine power. Engine is great... but still lacking for towing applications. Used a 6.0 in comparison and it did all right. Brakes, as always with Yukons, are mushy, but do not lead to fade when tested. Brakes could be better if same system used on 2500HD's was utilized... much better. Overall, this vehicle has been a great buy and we have enjoyed it. 15mpg city / 18 mpg highway (wife driving 70) and 16 mpg when I drive. Towing not too bad, about 12-13 mpg. Worth the money, but go with the 3/4 ton diesel truck if you really need to tow. Even the 8.1 doesn't hold anything to the diesel."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon XL 2500 near Honolulu. See local deals