2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500

Based on 909 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

This has been my favorite car. Love it!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable workhorse that is comfortable and safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This is by far the best and most reliable vehicle I have owned. It hauls anything we ask it to, packs up tons of stuff, takes us safely through snow and ice and has cost us very little other than normal maintenance for 13 years. We have driven it all over the western USA and never had issues with mountain driving, desert driving, or off road. Love it !"

My Favorite Car I have Ever Had!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable and spacious and comfortable..."

Cons: "No remote start"

Family road trip to Arizona.

"I truly love this car. It is time to upgrade to a newer version. This car has been very reliable and has never let me down. I am a single mother of 5 children and this car has served its purpose. I have kept up with the routine oil changes and tune ups. It is due for a tune up soon though. I replaced the breaks in 2013. Just replaced the battery in December 2013. I had a 20 inch DVD player installed - It's huge and the kids love it! I have only used the premium gasoline. It gets great gas mileage. I get 420 miles per tank. It is a 27-28 gallon tank. My full tank lasts me two weeks...even with all the running around I do for the kids, and to and from work. It gets a car wash about 4 times per month - even with all the rain we get here. There is no rust on the body. It does have a couple very minor (barely noticeable) dings/scratches on the exterior. A few minor things like a cup holder broken and a plastic cover broken off inside. The service engine light has been on since I bought it in 2009. It goes off and on every once in a while. The low coolant light comes on every once in a while as well. I have had it looked at and nothing has been found. It is 4WD, it has a tow package, keyless entry, heated front seats, electric seat controls and mirrors, back bucket seats that recline and a bench third row seat. Seats 7 including the driver."

Family road trip to Arizona.

Awesome ride

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, style, a hot rod in disguise!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love my Denali except for the gas mileage which is dismal due to the full time AWD. That very feature however makes it awesome. I drive from Texas to,las Vegas sometimes in winter driving conditions and through the mountains and this truck never misses a beat. It's sure footed as a mountain goat. I am not sure however if I will go for another Denali because of the gas mileage. I may go for a Yukon XL or escalade esv with optional four wheel."

2003YukonXL2WD

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"03 1500Yukon XL 2WD SLT with 5.3Z motor and towing package. Put electric brake kit and Helywig High Performance Sway bars on it and towed 6000 lbs without much problem. A little too much weight for the vehicle's suspension, and the 5.3 needs about 89 octane to run well in normal conditions, 93 in hot low density air. Bose system is tops. Leather lasted over 110K. Only problems encountered were annoying rattle in steering column from poorly designed U-joint (factory recalled and still not fixed), loss of Right Bank Catylitic Converter at 70K miles and fuel pump at 80K. Other than that, no problems. 4L60E trans has weakness in that it unlocks torqe converter for mild speed changes due to limited engine power. Engine is great... but still lacking for towing applications. Used a 6.0 in comparison and it did all right. Brakes, as always with Yukons, are mushy, but do not lead to fade when tested. Brakes could be better if same system used on 2500HD's was utilized... much better. Overall, this vehicle has been a great buy and we have enjoyed it. 15mpg city / 18 mpg highway (wife driving 70) and 16 mpg when I drive. Towing not too bad, about 12-13 mpg. Worth the money, but go with the 3/4 ton diesel truck if you really need to tow. Even the 8.1 doesn't hold anything to the diesel."

By far best vehicle ever

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Handiness to drive, reliability"

"I purchased a Yukon XL 2500 in January of 2004 as my work vehicle as an ambulatory equine veterinarian. That truck now has close to 340000 miles on it. It has never let me down. I have had two significant accidents with it, one running into a gravel trailer (my fault) almost totaling the front end, the other being rear ended by a full size van. The GMC still has its original brakes and transmission to the disbelief of many. This truck has never even had a hiccup. My mechanic thinks it will easily see 400000 miles, and he loves this truck. I purchased a 2010 Yukon XL 2500 3 1/2 years ago when the 2003 hit 250000 miles thinking it would be near retirement. Well, she is showing no sign of slowing down!! Love this truck! Quadrasteer on it has been a dream and has never needed any servicing. Thank you GMC!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon XL 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals