2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500

Based on 920 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

This has been my favorite car. Love it!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable workhorse that is comfortable and safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This is by far the best and most reliable vehicle I have owned. It hauls anything we ask it to, packs up tons of stuff, takes us safely through snow and ice and has cost us very little other than normal maintenance for 13 years. We have driven it all over the western USA and never had issues with mountain driving, desert driving, or off road. Love it !"

This is by far the best car I've owned over 50 yrs

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Mechanically superior, lots of torque, RELIABLE!"

Cons: "HVAC controls, Stepper Motors in Dash."

"I have had this car since it had 18,000 miles and it now has 319,670 miles. I have replaced the u-joints at 150,000 miles. Shocks at 163,000, Spark Plugs and Plug Wires, and a water valve to the heater, at 213,000, water pump at 220,000, HVAC Blower Motor and control at 267,000, Both front wheel bearing assemblies at 310,000 miles and that is it except for normal oil, filter, brakes, tires etc. The HVAC now works but tot accurately and needs work, there is an airbag light on, and the Tachometer and Voltage gauge are defective. The engine transmission, four wheel drive, suspension are flawless at 319 K. I'm looking for one just like it with lower miles right now. PS always got more than the published gas mileage."

This is a great family vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "leather seats, DVD player, multi-control AC system"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"i love this SUV! We have 5 teenagers and we can take the whole family on a weekend trip (including pulling a large boat) with ease. We get around 15 MPG, but the comfort and safety is well worth it!"

2003YukonXL2WD

By on Monday, February 2, 2009

"03 1500Yukon XL 2WD SLT with 5.3Z motor and towing package. Put electric brake kit and Helywig High Performance Sway bars on it and towed 6000 lbs without much problem. A little too much weight for the vehicle's suspension, and the 5.3 needs about 89 octane to run well in normal conditions, 93 in hot low density air. Bose system is tops. Leather lasted over 110K. Only problems encountered were annoying rattle in steering column from poorly designed U-joint (factory recalled and still not fixed), loss of Right Bank Catylitic Converter at 70K miles and fuel pump at 80K. Other than that, no problems. 4L60E trans has weakness in that it unlocks torqe converter for mild speed changes due to limited engine power. Engine is great... but still lacking for towing applications. Used a 6.0 in comparison and it did all right. Brakes, as always with Yukons, are mushy, but do not lead to fade when tested. Brakes could be better if same system used on 2500HD's was utilized... much better. Overall, this vehicle has been a great buy and we have enjoyed it. 15mpg city / 18 mpg highway (wife driving 70) and 16 mpg when I drive. Towing not too bad, about 12-13 mpg. Worth the money, but go with the 3/4 ton diesel truck if you really need to tow. Even the 8.1 doesn't hold anything to the diesel."

Love to drive this vehicle and VERY DEPENDABLE

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Spaceous,climate control front & rear, cozy ride"

Cons: "rust and back lift gate hinges"

"I would drive this vehicle ANYWHERE and I really mean this. i drove it with 5 passangers and a dog and self included from Iowa to North Carolina with out one bit of problems. Of course I only averaged about 17mpg but with that big motor and driving conditions I figured on that much. I love the dual heated seats and leather through out the vehicle. and with a fairly large family the extra room is really nice as well. climate control for the rear and letting them have that control is very benifical as well. The radio leaves a little to be desired, the speaker system is (in my opinion) sub-par at best and im not a radio head by any means. The 4wd works real well and in Iowa that is used quite frequently and have never been anywhere that i couldnt drive out of with its assist. the biggest down fall i have with this vehicle is that the back lift gates hydrolic hinges are really bad and not beefy enough to handle the weight of the gate and go bad quick making it impossible to leave up the back lift gate door. the other thing is the rust issues along the bottom from about the rear door all the way to the back quareter panel on both sides. im not sure why that is with this model but it seems to be on all of them, some worse than others. not sure if it stems from the rear airconditioning tubes (ie:condensation??) or what??? over all i really like the dependability/reliability of this vehicle and the comfort of driving it just wish it got 20+ MPG but i knew that when i bought it. overall comfort on long drives is not bad at all."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon XL 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals