2015 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,044 - $26,577.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/25/2016

10/6.9

7.8

Based on 296 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

This is one of the best cars I have driven.

By on Friday, July 15, 2016

Pros: "The V6 handles great on the road."

Cons: "Better see if you can get in and out easy."

"We love to drive this SUV. It is smooth, stable on the road, and rides just as good as the most expensive cars out there. My only problem is getting in and out of it. I hit my head on the door jam when I get in and the seats hurt my legs when I get out. We should have bought a mid size SUV instead of this one. Thats my only complaint. Outside of that, I think it is a great driving machine."

Outside a few dings inside very clean.

By on Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pros: "Good price and easy and comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Really none it has plenty of little extras inside."

"I have had the car for 2 1/2 years has been very well-taken care of. The inside is in great condition not smoked it. The floor mats are super clean and in explanted shape I kept other rugs over them. I'm 2nd owner.It has always been parked in a garage. The outside has a couple very little dings, a couple very small chips due to normal driving. It also has a small scuff on front bumper, very hard to see. Tires are in great shape and wheels also.One Issue it has is under the hood when I bought it, it is missing some the black covering inside the hood. Former owner stated he lived outside the city and an animal must have torn it. That is what the dealer told me. The car runs great and for a 4cyl 6 speed still has some get-up and go. Just wanting to trade for something different, not because of anything bad or wrong. It has been trouble free and been a great purchase. Just looking for a few more options."

Wonderful!

By on Wednesday, June 8, 2016

"Best car I have ever owned."

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and looks elegant"

Cons: "acceleration is slow and no cigarette lighters"

"This truck comes stocked with everything you need for your basic SUV. It includes a USB connect in the console for you IPOD lovers and an internal AUX port good for plugging up your Kindle to read to you through your speakers while you drive. Its really roomy in both the front and back cabins and seats tall people especially comfortably both length and height. There is a lot of head room left even with a 6'plus person in the backseat. Going from a full size truck to an SUV I was used to having a truck bed to haul stuff, but the seats in this SUV fold down and slide back and forth to accommodate just as much as your truck bed would and without the interference of the wheel wells. Its great on gas mileage as long as you leave the ECO mode on, but the ECO mode makes it hard to shift up to fast speeds while trying to merge into oncoming traffic. If you turn it off though, the truck picks up speed with no problem but you also burn a lot of gas in the process. I easily get 25 MPG in the city and about 29 on the highway which is awesome for an SUV. The physical appearance is beautiful - not too flashy but still sleek and elegant. The stitching in the seats use red thread so you feel like you've gotten an upgrade as soon as you sit in it. Overall the GMC Terrain is a great buy and its worth every penny of the price!"

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pros: "interior, gas mileage"

Cons: "no rear air control, not as roomy"

My new ride!

"I really love this car and the only complaint I have is that there are only air vents in the front of the vehicle. I have to blast my air as high is it will blow on the coolest temperature (Summer in the South is not fun!) so it can reach my 18 month old in the back seat. Luckily, I have remote start so I can start it and let it run a bit before we pack in. It's also not quite as roomy as I thought it would be. It's actually about the same size as my old Chevy Malibu which is kind of a disappointment since I did get this because I thought it would be a bigger family-sized SUV. The good news is that the gas mileage is not as horrible as we were anticipating. It rides very smoothly for an SUV and I really love the exterior and interior of the car."

My new ride!

LOVE IT!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "very attractive, good on gas, roomy"

"I had wanted one of these since they came out in 2010. Finally in 2012 I had the opportunity to purchase a new one! I have not have one complaint, or problem. And I get MANY compliments on my vehicle everywhere I go."

I am very pleased with my Terrain!

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "lack of road noise, lots of leg room in back seat"

Cons: "rear seats don't fold totally flat"

"After driving an entry-level Honda CRV for 5 yrs., I did a lot of research into crossover small SUV's that offered a definite upgrade. The Honda was very noisy and the back seat had no leg room; there was no lumbar support for the driver and the upholstery was hard to clean. All the newer small SUV's seemed to look alike and I liked that the Terrain had it's own look - bigger and bolder! It's 500 lbs. heavier and a wee bit larger overall than the CRV (which made me feel better for driving in traffic). The basic package included so much - even more than the higher-end Honda (which never had any mechanical problems - it was just too, too basic)! The sliding back seat is awesome, there is virtually NO road noise, I can start the car remotely on cold mornings, I love the XM radio, etc. and etc. It's a GREAT car and I highly recommend it. I truly don't know why it's rated as a truck - driving it is a dream! My husband likes driving it also - which is a real compliment! We are very active retirees."

Smart Choice

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "price, gas mileage, technology"

Cons: "rear cargo space"

"I looked at every mid-size SUV/CUV on the market before making my purchase, and by far the GMC Terrain was the best bang for my buck. I was looking for a mid-size SUV with good gas mileage and all the bells and whistle to replace my outdated 2002 Isuzu.I LOVE THIS TRUCK. The interior is classy and comfortable, the technology at your fingertips rivals my 645BMW, sitting in my garage that I haven't driven since getting my Terrain. So far my best gas mileage has been 29miles to the gallon and my daily commnute is half hwy, half city. Happy with that. We had our first snow this week and I was impressed with the handling on the front wheel drive. Spacious seating front and back. The only thing this missing is rear cargo space. Never had a four cylinder before but the pickup not bad. A little noisy on acceleration in eco mode.GMC Intellink is great. Movie showing, Gas prices, Weather , Pandora, they have thought of it all. If you are looking for good gas mileage, all the new technology, and great bang for your buck, take a look at the GMC TERRAIN."

Good Car

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I have a 2012 Terrain FWD SLT-2. 4cyl. Currently have 9,500 miles. BEFORE YOU BUY ONE...DO YOUR HOMEWORK..Cargo cover and The roof cross bars are not standard on the terrain. The dealership did not point that out. Make sure you negotiate for those. CONS: When at a lower gear (slowing down for the car in front of you) and switching to a high gear, SOMETIMES the transmission POPS! First time it happened I thought someone had bumped in to me. Leather seats are a little too narrow. To compare; I'm male, 5'10" 210 lbs. Standard size Golf clubs don't fit in the cargo area with out putting the back seat down. Back seats adjust well front to back, but don't go flat when your needing the back cargo area, they tilt up. All Ambient Lighting is RED... dials, console touch screen, everything. Would be nice to change lighting color. PROS: Beautiful looking vehicle Silver on chrome. Quiet ride. Sit up high in traffic. Many of the standard features are really nice to have. The drivers seat automatically BACKS UP when the car stops so you can get out easier...GREAT IDEA! Good sound system. Hands free Bluetooth. Seat warmers in front seats. Remote start. Moon roof. Automatic lift-gate is a happy surprise. Gas mileage is 24.4 in town. Mirrors automatically adjust down when your in reverse. Touch screen is really helpful. I'm likely to recommend this vehicle."

Loving my Terrain

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "great ride, quiet, roomy"

Cons: "voice commands don't work with my phone."

"I traded my Jetta TDI for the Terrain because it was just too small. The Terrain has a more masculine look to it, and it doesn't have the same look as all the others in its class. So far, I've been averaging 24-25 mpg. I have gotten over 34 on a long trip with the ECO mode on and paying attention to my throttle. My only complaint is that the voice commands didn't work with my phone when I bought it. I knew I was getting a new phone in a few weeks, but when I got it (Samsung S4), the voice command still doesn't work. This is apparently a known issue and is being worked on by GM. Even with that very minor issue, I love this vehicle!"

I love this car!

By on Monday, December 2, 2013

Pros: "beautiful, reliable, comfy"

Cons: "no vents in back"

"I love my car. Beautiful inside and outside. Auto start and heated seats rock into the winter! Auto start rocks in summer too! It drives well. My three kids fit in the back seat. The back seat moves back and forth also. I got the 4cyl for the awesome gas milage but she drives really well, too."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Got a fair price and I love driving the terrain"

Cons: "Voice recognition"

"Gas mileage is exactly what I expected. I drive mostly highway miles and I consistently get 22-24 mpg. I do have the 6 cyl engine. Handles nice and is comfortable on the road. Great sound system but voice recognition on phone is not good"

This is a great car

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "very comfortable, great mpg, easy to get DIY parts"

Cons: "Being able to set the int vents a bit higher"

"I bought this car used with 11,000 on it. 2011 model in Oct 2012 - now July 2013. 4 cylinder FWD SLE-2. I put on 22,000 more (total now 33,000). It is a great car. I have been never gotten below 27 mpg city/rural though on trips I get 2 or 3 more mpg. I keep it in Eco mode. I have driven by the sea and in the mountains from Fla to Mass. One trip for 18 hours straight. It is so comfortable. The only thing that I might change is being able to adjust the vents a bit higher though from one to ten, that would be a six (about a tossup). Though back seat vents would be nice also. No problems with it (of course it is almost new). I did have a problem with the original equipment Michelin tires though. With lots of tread left the *all* of them seemed to fall apart. One recall to reprogram the oil use interval readout. They found it was set too long. I would buy the Terrain - (or Equinox if you like that style better) again and highly recommend it. Neat to try a diesel if they would offer one."

Gas mileage is not near what was advertised.

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

"I would have gotten a 6 cyclinder had I known what the true gas mileage would have been. The most I have gotten is 26 which is probably what the 6 cyclinder would have gotten with more power. Very affordable car with lots of features for the price."

Sweet Ride

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Don't know why people critique acceleration"

"Two cars ago I had a Mercedes...one car ago an Audi...this is better. For all the people who review in a negative fashion without having driven other upscale (YES, THE TERRAIN IS UPSCALE...IN FACT I TESTED A GLK JUST PRIOR THE TERRAIN)vehicles and presume that North American is not equal to German well,BULL"

surprising vehicle!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "fit and finish, economy of operation"

perforated leather interior

"After 11000 miles, this Terrain is comfortable, plenty of interstate power, and excellent economy. Fit and finish are excellent!"

perforated leather interior

Car like ride.. quite inside cabin

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Auto Lift Gate remote start good seats good ride"

Cons: "none at this time only 3 weeks"

"Good looks,,1st 2 tanks of gas 23 and 24.7 miles per gallon Rides like a car and very good seats both front and rear good cargo room love the auto open lift gate. So far very happy with it. Will come back in a month or two for a update"

Did not get suggest gas mileage

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I liked the GMC Terrain and received a lot of compliments. But, the advertisements and dealership stated i should get 32 miles per gallon but i never got better than 25 miles per gallon. I travel 48.3 miles per day to and from work and all but 5 of those miles are on the highway. The gas mileage has been very disappointing. I thought when i bought the car i could drive it forever as it seemed to be a very durable car. I spend an average of $40 per week or more on gas. I feel like I'm working to put gas in my tank. I always used Marathon regular gas so it wasn't the "cheap" gas I used. It was the car. I'm not a mechanic but it seems to me that a 4 cylinder engine is too small for a car as large as the Terrain."

What a great vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"I actually own two of these. I see them both driving well into the 6 digits!"

I am over 65 and it is the sweetest car. I drove

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pros: "go it for a great price and fun to drive"

"over 4,000 miles this summer and no problems. The drive was awesome. Time flew by and cruise control made the gas mileage unbelievable. I love the space inside tall people sit comfortably in the front or back."

Great driving car--very poor gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Bought the car because of the ads for gas mileage. I have never gotten better than 21 mpg, even on the highway. When I asked the service rep about it, he told me I needed to talk to my sales person. Very comfortable, great driving and great sound.."

nice car poor gas mileage

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "looks great soild drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I had a 2010 Terrain and had great gas mileage 27mpg, lost car in Hurracane Sandy and replaced it with a 2013 identical vehicle. Gas mileage is at 23mpg... Dealer said I am using cheap gas and driving highway over 50mph... It would be nice to find out why such poor gas mileage, I just started using Sunoco gas but have not seen a difference, Otherwise the vehicle is great, just very disappointed in the gas mileage"

A GREAT VEHICLE

By on Thursday, September 9, 2010

"MY WIFE AND MYSELF BOUGHT THE TERRAIN ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO AND SHE WAS RECENTALLY INVOLVED IN A COLLISION AT 45MPH WHERE SHE T-BONED A FULL SIZE PICKUP. SHE IS ALIVE AND EVEN WITH A BROKEN ARM SHE IS THANKFULL FOR ALL THE SAFTEY FEATURES THAT NO DOUBT SAVED HER LIFE. WE WILL BE LOOKING AT THE 2011 MODELS SOON. IT IS A GREAT VEHICLE TO OWN, NOT TO BIG BUT HAS PLENTY SPACE FOR US, OUR CHILD, AND OUR TWO LARGE DOGS. I WOULD RECOMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE."

Good commuter vehicle if you don't like sedans.

By on Friday, August 3, 2012

Pros: "Nice features, comfortable"

Cons: "MPG not quite what was promised."

"I have the AWD SLT-1, 4 cyl. Monroney Estimated MPG is 29 hwy on the AWD. I am getting around 26 highway, not 29 - even with the ECO engaged. Otherwise, no complaints. Leather, check. XM Radio, check. Bluetooth connects to my iPhone easy, check check. If it doesn't come standard with remote vehicle start, purchase one with that option - the OnStar with RemoteLink is awesome. I start my vehicle on a hot day from my desk at work. It's nice and cool by the time I get to it."

comfort while driving, feel safe in it

By on Monday, October 6, 2014

Pros: "great all around"

"I am tall and I like the additional height of the vehicle (compared to a car)and ease with getting in/out. Handles great. Great fuel mileage around town and long distance."