2014 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,356 - $25,987.

10/7.4

7.8

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Not pleased

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Good interior space"

Cons: "everything else"

"I bought this car for the gas mileage as my commute is more than 100 miles a day. The sales person and sticker represent 30 mpg. Ended up that the "all hwy" mpg is 21, when I use the eco mode it is still 21. The 4 cylinder is horrible then on eco mode it's about like 2 cylinders. The turning radius is so poor I can't turn in to any space in my office parking garage. The pick up, especially when I do almost all hwy driving, is horrible. It's dangerous getting on the hwy in this car. I have had it in the shop twice so far, once at 6,000 miles with my AC going out and the engine temp gauge going out, now at 9,000 my suspension is squeeking. Looking to get rid of this car already."

Would buy again today

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Great set of features, more than 25 mpg, great looks, comfortable...."

Cons: "Not a sports car, oh well"

"If my car was totaled I would go buy this exact car. The low cost for the set of features is fantastic."

I HATE MY CAR!

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "it looks nice is the only good thing about it"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"This is the worst car I have ever owned! I bought it brand new a 2011. I have taken it to the dealership multiple times for them to fix things. There is a buzzing sound when i am driving, a popping from the speakers(they were able to fix that one) and when you open the door it slams shut before you can get in or out smashing your leg in the door. I have had bruises from this! When i take it in they said it is a "design flaw" so they cant do anything about it. NEVER GET THIS CAR!"

First SUV. Very pleased.

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Full of great amenities."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage."

"I am thoroughly satisfied with this vehicle. My only disappointment is the gas mileage. It is not what the sticker quotes. I have the 4 cyl. eng. and the best I got was 24mpg. I used to get 28-30 with my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am, with a 4 speed, 6 cyl. engine. GM, do better!"

Poor gas milage

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of room for a big family"

Cons: "Poor Poor gas mileage"

"I drive 140 miles round trip, mostly highway, and the gas milage is not what GMC claimed it would be, I am in the 24mpg range. With the air conditioner on going up hill it will not get out of it's own way. I did not mind giving some performance for gas mileage, but I did not want to get out and push either. The Terrain has plenty of room in the interior."

good value

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

"bought this terrain in sept'10 traded in our mazda which i will never own another one again. I research small suv's from toyota to honda's. i was in a narrow search of the RAV4, CRV's and the Terrain. The terrain had the most room out of the three, i knew what i wanted being that our state is thinking of banning talking and driving i wanted bluetooth features, remote start and heated seats that where cloth. The only thing I wish GM would of put on the car is a scan button while traveling this makes it hard to tune the channel. I loved my onstar and used it within the first week of buying the car, as my daugther locked me out of the car and herself in. I do wish i could get the 600miles a tank as the billboards say. but on the highway i get over 430 a tank. Over all I can't complain for the value and the options i got."

GAS MILAGE TERRIBLE

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "adequate interior"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"Like several others I bought this vehicle because it stated that 29 MPG, AWD, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Complained extensively to GM and all they said was "your vehicle is preforming like it should yu are getting between 23 and 24 MPG". I have a 180 mile round trip compute daily and the miles I drive are highway, which should be the 29 MPG. GM has been great with putting the blame on the poor gas milage on the consumer, and stating that the EPA is the one who set the MPG and not them, BUT they SURE do use that same MPG to sell the cars."

I like the Terrain but normally I love my GMC

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "price, on-star, back-up cam, bluetooth, back seat adjustable, room, ride, dependable"

Cons: "Door interior pading seems cheap, not plush"

"Gas mileage is really good unlike apparently the last comment I just read. But you are only suppose to drive with ECO on on highway and not in town is my understanding so that may be part of the reason your in town is 17 mpg. This is a good dependable vehicle and with TRAC control good in bad weather. I tested it this year in MO we had a blizzard the 2nd of Feb. 2011. Mine is FWD (not AWD) but I didn't have a bit of trouble driving to work and back home. The price tag is very competitive especially for GMC. However I'm not crazy about the 4-cylinder but it is peppy and preforms well, I just like my V-8 which is a thing of the past with gas prices. Over-all this is a good vehicle for the price."

Great Value!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "MPG, low to the ground, cargo/passenger space, style, durable interior"

Cons: "32mpg is if you drive 55mph and accelerate at a very steady and slow pace."

"My husband did a lot of research and made a good choice. I drive 250 miles per week. Mileage improved at 5K miles. 23mph highway/around town went to more like 27mpg. Low to the ground, handles like a car. Good gas mileage without having to pay for a hybrid vehicle. Vehicle feels sturdy and safe. A lot of the high mpg vehicles too flimsy to me and unsafe. Turn off the ECO button on hills, accelerates with no problems. The USB handy, can charge my phone and play my ipod, amazing sound system. 2010 model the blue tooth sound is not spectacular...does the job. There is a lot of room for tall people (leg and headroom) and 2 car seats. Moveable back row gr8 4 carting teens around town. Cargo space can be added by moving the back seat forward."

Greatly Disappointed!

By on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pros: "Nice looking vehicle"

Cons: "Horrible gas mileage."

"Great looking car!. 4cyl 2wd. Gas mileage no ways near what they said it would be even on eco. 17 in town 24 highway. Only way it gets that mileage they say is if you don't drive it anywhere. Does not shift smooth. It just does not have the pick up of a typical 4 cyl nor the average mpg. No garage remote, why not do away with onstar and put in home link. Even if you don't activate onstar they break in on you trying to get you to and I don't want it. Back seats do not fold down flat either. At this gas mileage I should have just bought a Toyota Highlander or kept my avalon. Big Big Big disappointment in this vehicle as much as I wanted to go back to a GMC. Our other vehicle is the GMC V8 5.3 truck and it gets almost the same mileage at the terrain 4cyl 2wd. Now someone explain that one. GMC needs to make some serious changes!"

DO NOT LIKE IT

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"I HAVE A 2011 TERRAIN 4 CYL AWD. I BOUGHT FOR THE GAS MILEAGE. ADVERTISED AT ABOUT 28 OR BETTER WITH AWD. I GET 17 TO 21 AVERAGE ABOUT 19. IT IS VERY LOUD WHEN YOU ACCELERATE.I AM 70 YEARS OLD AND HAVE OWNED OR LEASED ABOUT 25 GM AUTOS OR SUV'S. IN MY LIFETIME. VERY UNHAPPY WITH IT. ALSO HAVE A GMC ACADIA. LOVE IT."

After a lot of research I made the right choice!

By on Monday, July 04, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, nice performance, great features, good gas mileage"

Cons: "the back seat headrests should be removable to allow the seats to fold down flatter."

"I bought my SLE-2 Terrain (4 Cylinder, AWD) in April after researching and test driving a dozen other vehicles. It handles very well, it is quiet, great performance and very good gas mileage (19 in town, 27 HWY with ECO on). It's standard features are excellent. And, if you decide you will keep OnStar forget about getting the GPS. They will download the map to your car and it will show up both on the dashboard and radio. You can easily go back and forth between what was on the dash/radio and the directions. Of course there are oral turn by turn directions as well. I got the SLE-2 because I have been driving cars with leather interiors for 10 years (Cold in the winter, hot in the summer). The upgraded cloth interior is the only one I have ever seen with a heated seat option. (Smart move GM!) For those who are interested in the techie side, the number of features the Terrain allows you to program goes far beyond those in my wife's new Volvo and the Acura RDX I turned in to get this. You can live with the presets, but I actually spent a Saturday morning programming it. Amazing what you can do. The upgraded radio has 6 banks of 6 stations that you can program and you can't scroll through these either through the dashboard or really ergoonomically sensible buttons on the steering wheel. The back seat actually reclines a bit and can move back and forth up to 6 inches. Tall people in the back will love this! The only complaint I have is that the back seats will only fold down to a 30 degree angle. Partially, it is because the back seats are extra-plush, but also because the head rests can't be removed (Dumb GM!). I have taken a long road trip (800 miles) and drove the rest in city/suburbs. After I bought a lemon from Ford in 2000, I swore I would never buy another American car. Boy was I wrong! (Of course the Terrain is actually assembled in Canada.) Great job making a first rate crossover. I hope my first impressions continue."

Love It - Love It - Love It

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pros: "Handles well, great gas mileage, bluetooth, rearview camera."

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I spend 2 hours a day in this vehicle (on gravel, interstate, highways and in town) and love it. Have driven in deep snow, on ice, in driving rain and have been very happy with the way it handles. I drove a 4-wheel drive Suburban prior to getting the 2011 SLE-2, 2-wheel drive Terrain; moving to a smaller vehicle was a concern, but the ride is comfortable and smooth. I average 27 to 29 mpg overall with ethanol. The cloth heated seats are a great option - no hot or cold leather, can move easily on them, yet warm and toasty in cold weather. The moveable rear seat allows for generous leg room and adequate cargo space; move it forward and there is plenty of room for multiple 50# sacks of horse feed. I researched many vehicles before deciding to get a Terrain and I have not been disappointed."

6 months

By on Friday, June 17, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Tech-savy, great handling"

Cons: "Sometimes a slower pick up on highway if in ECO mode"

"I purchased the GMC Terrain SLT 2 wheel drive, after much research among several similar vehicles. I had been involved in an accident and needed a new vehicle, but luckily had been researching options before it happened as we were looking to replace a 2000 Nissan Altima. In search for a new ride, I looked at the GMC Terrain, Toyota Venza, Volkswagon Tiguan, Ford Flex, Ford Edge, Mercedes GLK, and Honda CR-V. The Tiguan"

Very good bang for the buck

By on Sunday, June 05, 2011

Pros: "Standard Options, MPG, Design"

Cons: "SLE-2 doesnt come with leather, no HomeLink, MPH not digital(wifes complaint)"

"Me and my wife compared just about every small SUV and CUV out there. This by far was the best value with all standard options. My only knock on Reliability and Quality is due to the fact the AC stopped working for a brief period. According to our dealer this is a known issue, but supposedly its a CPU programing glitch with the Auto AC temp control."

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Traded in a crewcab Z71 SLT2 for the Terrain SLT2, looking for better gas mileage. Was worried about giving up the ride and room of the Z71, I was pleasantly surprised. The ride and handling is just as good with about 35% better gas mileage and all the conveniences of the truck. Love the sliding back seat there is plenty of room for passengers or cargo. Owned it for a year, only one minor computer related A/C problem which the dealer repaired in no time."

Can't get enough of the Terrian

By on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

"This is my first SUV purchase. I bought the Terrian SLE 4 cy fwd. I love it. We took alittle roadtrip the day after we bought it to the Boston Mountains in Jasper Ark. With the A/C on we got 25 mpg and it ate those Mountains up which surprised me coming from a 4 cy. Very comfortable ride I didn't want to get out to site see. It handles great the steering is very tight which I like. No cons. If you are thinking of a crossover or any SUV purchase you have to try the GMC Terrian it will suprise you it really did me."

greast vehicle

By on Monday, February 28, 2011

"this is the right size-- it is quiet --- great handling -- smooth ride.....have the 6 and i am getting very good mileage (about 18 to 20 )..."

Just another poorly made GMC

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I bought the GMC SLE Terrain in Jan 010. It looked good and drove rather smoothly. As I put more miles on it little things started to go bad on it. First a speaker went out. Then a bad rattle in the dash top compartment. Then another speaker went out. The wiper blands went bad after 15,000 miles and only made it through one winter season. And in California, our winters are rather short. Then the driver window started to vibrate. Then another rattle in the driver's side of the dash. Hatfield GMC was to get new wiper blades for me but never called me. Never. It took over two weeks to get a replacement speaker. By the time I recieved the call for one replacement speaker, the other went out and I had had enough. With the vehicle rattling every time I drove it, having two speakers going out and the GMC service department being less than reliable, I traded it in for a Nissan Rouge. The Terrain was our third GMC purchase and after every purchase we said it would be our last. Without a doubt, we will NEVER buy another GMC again. The Terrain was nothing but a poorly made vehicle with a good-looking body. Skip on purchasing a Terrain."

First suv

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"this is my first suv love everything about it i have the sle2 they added heated seats to it with the remote start. so far getting 21.5 city mpg i have been telling everyone i know to go check out the terrains"

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

Not Psychic but Love the Terrain

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"Purchased my new 2011 Terrain on 1/3. Love it. Love the handle, options, look. I have the SLT2, 6 cylinder and mileage states 17-24 I think, but I'm getting a pretty solid 18. Coming from a 6 cylinder hard riding Mustang Convertible though that only got 19, I've got tons more car and options than I had on that vehicle. I think this is a car I could be happy with for 20 years. Hopefully the quality on the engine proves itself as well."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"I should come back and review this SUV in a year. I've only owned for a week now, but so far so good. It handles great (great suspension), the ride is crisp but comfortable, I don't hear any wind noise which is fabulous. I have about 325 miles on it so far and am hoping for the gas mileage to improve. Right now I'm getting 20.2/20.3. I think I can definitely do better but I realize I'm still going through the break-in period. I drive the 4 cylinder AWD."

Best vehicle I ever bought

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"Was unsure about moving from a seirra full sized truck. Best vehicle I ever bought. Handles well, fuel economy is out of this world. It is a pleasure to drive, has plenty of power and I will definately buy another one."

By on Thursday, November 25, 2010