2014 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,332 - $26,087.

10/7.4

7.9

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive, lots of buttons, touch screen"

Cons: "lacks in storage space, not super good on gas"

"I love my Terrain, It has some pick up and go issues nothing to major but I did go with the 2.4 engine for fuel economy. For a single guy it fits me great it doesn't have as much room as i would like the designers really missed a few spots that could have easily been turned into extra storage. for a family I would not recommended this car again just going to the space issues. I am a big guy and take lots of trips 700+ miles on a regular basis and the car just fits me perfectly. over all I would say just test drive one and BE picky."

What a great vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"I actually own two of these. I see them both driving well into the 6 digits!"

Best car ever

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Great all around"

Cons: "O"

"I LOVE this SUV"

Love this small SUV!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "no 3rd row"

"I love my Terrain, plenty of room for our family of 4 and great gas mileage!!"

overall nice driving and handling

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"Hate the hard seats, get leather seats!"

This is a great car

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "very comfortable, great mpg, easy to get DIY parts"

Cons: "Being able to set the int vents a bit higher"

"I bought this car used with 11,000 on it. 2011 model in Oct 2012 - now July 2013. 4 cylinder FWD SLE-2. I put on 22,000 more (total now 33,000). It is a great car. I have been never gotten below 27 mpg city/rural though on trips I get 2 or 3 more mpg. I keep it in Eco mode. I have driven by the sea and in the mountains from Fla to Mass. One trip for 18 hours straight. It is so comfortable. The only thing that I might change is being able to adjust the vents a bit higher though from one to ten, that would be a six (about a tossup). Though back seat vents would be nice also. No problems with it (of course it is almost new). I did have a problem with the original equipment Michelin tires though. With lots of tread left the *all* of them seemed to fall apart. One recall to reprogram the oil use interval readout. They found it was set too long. I would buy the Terrain - (or Equinox if you like that style better) again and highly recommend it. Neat to try a diesel if they would offer one."

This is a great car

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "very comfortable, great mpg, easy to get DIY parts"

Cons: "Being able to set the int vents a bit higher"

Love my Terrain SLT

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for size of vehicle, comfort, styling"

Cons: "Stiffer suspension than expected, road noise"

"First off, I'm VERY happy with my 2013 Terrain. I got the 4 cylinder and it has plenty of power and get-up for my driving style and mostly freeway commute. Usually keep my speed at 68-72 mph and have been achieving approx. 31 mpg, it goes down, of course, with in town driving. Love the little computer gauge that shows me my fuel average every inch of the way! I do see why the backup camera is standard - the rear visability is terrible. Other reviews I read said the inside was quiet - I do not find that to be the case and the ride is not nearly as smooth as my previous GMC Envoy - I do wish it was a smoother, quieter ride but overall, I would definitely buy it again. I think the interior is nicely laid out, love all the leg room for people in the backseat or more cargo space if needed. I do wish the viewing screen was a little more "adjustable" as I'd like the clock numerals and a couple other things a little larger font size and I find the buttons and knobs, (at night they display in red), a little difficult to read (eyes aren't what they used to be!) I'll report again in a few thousand miles. I love that the visors, when down, can be pulled clear across the side window to keep out any spots of glaring sun, why all car visors aren't like that is beyond me, but my Envoy was not and it drove me nuts...it's the little things!"

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and looks elegant"

Cons: "acceleration is slow and no cigarette lighters"

"This truck comes stocked with everything you need for your basic SUV. It includes a USB connect in the console for you IPOD lovers and an internal AUX port good for plugging up your Kindle to read to you through your speakers while you drive. Its really roomy in both the front and back cabins and seats tall people especially comfortably both length and height. There is a lot of head room left even with a 6'plus person in the backseat. Going from a full size truck to an SUV I was used to having a truck bed to haul stuff, but the seats in this SUV fold down and slide back and forth to accommodate just as much as your truck bed would and without the interference of the wheel wells. Its great on gas mileage as long as you leave the ECO mode on, but the ECO mode makes it hard to shift up to fast speeds while trying to merge into oncoming traffic. If you turn it off though, the truck picks up speed with no problem but you also burn a lot of gas in the process. I easily get 25 MPG in the city and about 29 on the highway which is awesome for an SUV. The physical appearance is beautiful - not too flashy but still sleek and elegant. The stitching in the seats use red thread so you feel like you've gotten an upgrade as soon as you sit in it. Overall the GMC Terrain is a great buy and its worth every penny of the price!"

Did not get suggest gas mileage

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I liked the GMC Terrain and received a lot of compliments. But, the advertisements and dealership stated i should get 32 miles per gallon but i never got better than 25 miles per gallon. I travel 48.3 miles per day to and from work and all but 5 of those miles are on the highway. The gas mileage has been very disappointing. I thought when i bought the car i could drive it forever as it seemed to be a very durable car. I spend an average of $40 per week or more on gas. I feel like I'm working to put gas in my tank. I always used Marathon regular gas so it wasn't the "cheap" gas I used. It was the car. I'm not a mechanic but it seems to me that a 4 cylinder engine is too small for a car as large as the Terrain."