2014 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,006 - $36,051.

10/7.4

7.9

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Overall an excellent small suv with lots of room

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "great power and room. masculine lines, lots of fun"

Cons: "visibility past the pillars, no pwr adj for steer"

"too much I like ablout this vehicle to list, starting with the fact that I am 6ft 5 inches tall and have always started every test drive by moving the seat all the way back, in this vehicle, I actually had to move it up to drive comfortably. It would easily accomidate a 7 footer. there a a few small issues though. The pillars are all too fat which makes it difficult to see in certain scenarios, particularly in the front. Also, givin what I paid for this vehicle, and the fact that its the Denali line which is supposed to be the luxury group, I would have expected the telescoping wheel to be power instead of manual with a cheapish feeling lever. Again, being in the luxury group, it also would have been nice to have ventilated seats as well as the heated seats considering that the interior is black."

Gas mileage is not near what was advertised.

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

"I would have gotten a 6 cyclinder had I known what the true gas mileage would have been. The most I have gotten is 26 which is probably what the 6 cyclinder would have gotten with more power. Very affordable car with lots of features for the price."

Car like ride.. quite inside cabin

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Auto Lift Gate remote start good seats good ride"

Cons: "none at this time only 3 weeks"

"Good looks,,1st 2 tanks of gas 23 and 24.7 miles per gallon Rides like a car and very good seats both front and rear good cargo room love the auto open lift gate. So far very happy with it. Will come back in a month or two for a update"

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Got a fair price and I love driving the terrain"

Cons: "Voice recognition"

"Gas mileage is exactly what I expected. I drive mostly highway miles and I consistently get 22-24 mpg. I do have the 6 cyl engine. Handles nice and is comfortable on the road. Great sound system but voice recognition on phone is not good"

comfort while driving, feel safe in it

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "great all around"

"I am tall and I like the additional height of the vehicle (compared to a car)and ease with getting in/out. Handles great. Great fuel mileage around town and long distance."

In tip top condition!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "love the price, looks, features, mileage"

Cons: "No cons"

"Road noise is somewhat high. Gets great gas mileage. Looks great."

Cons: "Being able to set the int vents a bit higher"

"I bought this car used with 11,000 on it. 2011 model in Oct 2012 - now July 2013. 4 cylinder FWD SLE-2. I put on 22,000 more (total now 33,000). It is a great car. I have been never gotten below 27 mpg city/rural though on trips I get 2 or 3 more mpg. I keep it in Eco mode. I have driven by the sea and in the mountains from Fla to Mass. One trip for 18 hours straight. It is so comfortable. The only thing that I might change is being able to adjust the vents a bit higher though from one to ten, that would be a six (about a tossup). Though back seat vents would be nice also. No problems with it (of course it is almost new). I did have a problem with the original equipment Michelin tires though. With lots of tread left the *all* of them seemed to fall apart. One recall to reprogram the oil use interval readout. They found it was set too long. I would buy the Terrain - (or Equinox if you like that style better) again and highly recommend it. Neat to try a diesel if they would offer one."

What's Not to Love?

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Great look; Great ride; 24mpg; smart design"

Cons: "None - really"

"I really love my 2011 GMC Terrain. It's been great. Great design inside and outside. Terrific comfort. Smart details. I plan to trade it in for another just like it! I cannot think of one thing I do not like about it."

I love my Terrain!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Love the look, favorite crossover"

Cons: "No third row"

"I love my Terrain! I am in the process of buying a second one."

I absolutely love my car!!

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "Very quiet and smooth ride. Roomy"

Cons: "Nothing really, but I'd probably love a v6"

"I've had my Terrain for 4 months. Got it in anticipations of several upcoming road trips. This is a 4 cylinder. Getting about 25 mpg. Not disappointed with that. The display shows 35 mpg as being my best gas mileage. Keep it on eco mode. Took my first road trip sitting in the backseat being chauffeured by my two sons. Very roomy and comfortable. Touchscreen is awesome. Have used the Onstar for turn-by-turn directions. Adequate cargo space. All the kids are grown and gone so for me this is a perfect fit."

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive, lots of buttons, touch screen"

Cons: "lacks in storage space, not super good on gas"

"I love my Terrain, It has some pick up and go issues nothing to major but I did go with the 2.4 engine for fuel economy. For a single guy it fits me great it doesn't have as much room as i would like the designers really missed a few spots that could have easily been turned into extra storage. for a family I would not recommended this car again just going to the space issues. I am a big guy and take lots of trips 700+ miles on a regular basis and the car just fits me perfectly. over all I would say just test drive one and BE picky."

What a great vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"I actually own two of these. I see them both driving well into the 6 digits!"

Best car ever

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Great all around"

Cons: "O"

"I LOVE this SUV"

Love this small SUV!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "no 3rd row"

"I love my Terrain, plenty of room for our family of 4 and great gas mileage!!"

overall nice driving and handling

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"Hate the hard seats, get leather seats!"

Love my Terrain SLT

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for size of vehicle, comfort, styling"

Cons: "Stiffer suspension than expected, road noise"

"First off, I'm VERY happy with my 2013 Terrain. I got the 4 cylinder and it has plenty of power and get-up for my driving style and mostly freeway commute. Usually keep my speed at 68-72 mph and have been achieving approx. 31 mpg, it goes down, of course, with in town driving. Love the little computer gauge that shows me my fuel average every inch of the way! I do see why the backup camera is standard - the rear visability is terrible. Other reviews I read said the inside was quiet - I do not find that to be the case and the ride is not nearly as smooth as my previous GMC Envoy - I do wish it was a smoother, quieter ride but overall, I would definitely buy it again. I think the interior is nicely laid out, love all the leg room for people in the backseat or more cargo space if needed. I do wish the viewing screen was a little more "adjustable" as I'd like the clock numerals and a couple other things a little larger font size and I find the buttons and knobs, (at night they display in red), a little difficult to read (eyes aren't what they used to be!) I'll report again in a few thousand miles. I love that the visors, when down, can be pulled clear across the side window to keep out any spots of glaring sun, why all car visors aren't like that is beyond me, but my Envoy was not and it drove me nuts...it's the little things!"

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and looks elegant"

Cons: "acceleration is slow and no cigarette lighters"

"This truck comes stocked with everything you need for your basic SUV. It includes a USB connect in the console for you IPOD lovers and an internal AUX port good for plugging up your Kindle to read to you through your speakers while you drive. Its really roomy in both the front and back cabins and seats tall people especially comfortably both length and height. There is a lot of head room left even with a 6'plus person in the backseat. Going from a full size truck to an SUV I was used to having a truck bed to haul stuff, but the seats in this SUV fold down and slide back and forth to accommodate just as much as your truck bed would and without the interference of the wheel wells. Its great on gas mileage as long as you leave the ECO mode on, but the ECO mode makes it hard to shift up to fast speeds while trying to merge into oncoming traffic. If you turn it off though, the truck picks up speed with no problem but you also burn a lot of gas in the process. I easily get 25 MPG in the city and about 29 on the highway which is awesome for an SUV. The physical appearance is beautiful - not too flashy but still sleek and elegant. The stitching in the seats use red thread so you feel like you've gotten an upgrade as soon as you sit in it. Overall the GMC Terrain is a great buy and its worth every penny of the price!"

Did not get suggest gas mileage

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I liked the GMC Terrain and received a lot of compliments. But, the advertisements and dealership stated i should get 32 miles per gallon but i never got better than 25 miles per gallon. I travel 48.3 miles per day to and from work and all but 5 of those miles are on the highway. The gas mileage has been very disappointing. I thought when i bought the car i could drive it forever as it seemed to be a very durable car. I spend an average of $40 per week or more on gas. I feel like I'm working to put gas in my tank. I always used Marathon regular gas so it wasn't the "cheap" gas I used. It was the car. I'm not a mechanic but it seems to me that a 4 cylinder engine is too small for a car as large as the Terrain."

Smart Choice

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "price, gas mileage, technology"

Cons: "rear cargo space"

"I looked at every mid-size SUV/CUV on the market before making my purchase, and by far the GMC Terrain was the best bang for my buck. I was looking for a mid-size SUV with good gas mileage and all the bells and whistle to replace my outdated 2002 Isuzu.I LOVE THIS TRUCK. The interior is classy and comfortable, the technology at your fingertips rivals my 645BMW, sitting in my garage that I haven't driven since getting my Terrain. So far my best gas mileage has been 29miles to the gallon and my daily commnute is half hwy, half city. Happy with that. We had our first snow this week and I was impressed with the handling on the front wheel drive. Spacious seating front and back. The only thing this missing is rear cargo space. Never had a four cylinder before but the pickup not bad. A little noisy on acceleration in eco mode.GMC Intellink is great. Movie showing, Gas prices, Weather , Pandora, they have thought of it all. If you are looking for good gas mileage, all the new technology, and great bang for your buck, take a look at the GMC TERRAIN."

Good Car

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I have a 2012 Terrain FWD SLT-2. 4cyl. Currently have 9,500 miles. BEFORE YOU BUY ONE...DO YOUR HOMEWORK..Cargo cover and The roof cross bars are not standard on the terrain. The dealership did not point that out. Make sure you negotiate for those. CONS: When at a lower gear (slowing down for the car in front of you) and switching to a high gear, SOMETIMES the transmission POPS! First time it happened I thought someone had bumped in to me. Leather seats are a little too narrow. To compare; I'm male, 5'10" 210 lbs. Standard size Golf clubs don't fit in the cargo area with out putting the back seat down. Back seats adjust well front to back, but don't go flat when your needing the back cargo area, they tilt up. All Ambient Lighting is RED... dials, console touch screen, everything. Would be nice to change lighting color. PROS: Beautiful looking vehicle Silver on chrome. Quiet ride. Sit up high in traffic. Many of the standard features are really nice to have. The drivers seat automatically BACKS UP when the car stops so you can get out easier...GREAT IDEA! Good sound system. Hands free Bluetooth. Seat warmers in front seats. Remote start. Moon roof. Automatic lift-gate is a happy surprise. Gas mileage is 24.4 in town. Mirrors automatically adjust down when your in reverse. Touch screen is really helpful. I'm likely to recommend this vehicle."

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "On Star and XM Radio"

Cons: "Would like bigger cargo space in back."

"I love this SUV, I got in in April, I drive a lot for work and it is very comfortable and it has all the luxuries and On Star is great as I use to always get lost and its worth its weight in gold for road side assistance. I also love the way it handles in bad weather and the xm radio is also great. I would recommend this for sure. It has a lot of leg room in front and rear seating."

Great Mid-Sized SUV

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Competitively priced, luxurious interior feel"

Cons: "Some advanced features limited per XM subscription"

"I purchased the Terrain Denali in November 2012. When I first started looking to buy a new car, I considered almost every possible option, new and used, in my price range of $30-$45k. I ultimately narrowed down my list of options to those with AWD because I wanted something that handled well in the winter above all else. When it came to pricing out a well-equipped vehicle, I was left with few appealing options in my price range. I could have gone with a lower-trim level in a luxury crossover or sedan, or a fully-loaded domestic crossover or sedan. After settling on the Terrain Denali, I was a bit skeptical that it would meet my expectations after I had given strong consideration early in the process to some other, more popular models. Six months later, I could not be happier with the Terrain. The interior is comfortable and quiet, the technology is intuitive and straight-forward, and the overall driving performance is smooth. I have had one issue with the suspension that was fixed under warranty, but the Terrain has otherwise completely exceeded my expectations."

LOVE IT!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "very attractive, good on gas, roomy"

"I had wanted one of these since they came out in 2010. Finally in 2012 I had the opportunity to purchase a new one! I have not have one complaint, or problem. And I get MANY compliments on my vehicle everywhere I go."