• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,356 - $25,931.

10/7.5

7.8

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Love my Terrain SLT

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for size of vehicle, comfort, styling"

Cons: "Stiffer suspension than expected, road noise"

"First off, I'm VERY happy with my 2013 Terrain. I got the 4 cylinder and it has plenty of power and get-up for my driving style and mostly freeway commute. Usually keep my speed at 68-72 mph and have been achieving approx. 31 mpg, it goes down, of course, with in town driving. Love the little computer gauge that shows me my fuel average every inch of the way! I do see why the backup camera is standard - the rear visability is terrible. Other reviews I read said the inside was quiet - I do not find that to be the case and the ride is not nearly as smooth as my previous GMC Envoy - I do wish it was a smoother, quieter ride but overall, I would definitely buy it again. I think the interior is nicely laid out, love all the leg room for people in the backseat or more cargo space if needed. I do wish the viewing screen was a little more "adjustable" as I'd like the clock numerals and a couple other things a little larger font size and I find the buttons and knobs, (at night they display in red), a little difficult to read (eyes aren't what they used to be!) I'll report again in a few thousand miles. I love that the visors, when down, can be pulled clear across the side window to keep out any spots of glaring sun, why all car visors aren't like that is beyond me, but my Envoy was not and it drove me nuts...it's the little things!"

Loving my Terrain

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "great ride, quiet, roomy"

Cons: "voice commands don't work with my phone."

"I traded my Jetta TDI for the Terrain because it was just too small. The Terrain has a more masculine look to it, and it doesn't have the same look as all the others in its class. So far, I've been averaging 24-25 mpg. I have gotten over 34 on a long trip with the ECO mode on and paying attention to my throttle. My only complaint is that the voice commands didn't work with my phone when I bought it. I knew I was getting a new phone in a few weeks, but when I got it (Samsung S4), the voice command still doesn't work. This is apparently a known issue and is being worked on by GM. Even with that very minor issue, I love this vehicle!"

Great driving car--very poor gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

"Bought the car because of the ads for gas mileage. I have never gotten better than 21 mpg, even on the highway. When I asked the service rep about it, he told me I needed to talk to my sales person. Very comfortable, great driving and great sound.."

nice car poor gas mileage

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "looks great soild drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I had a 2010 Terrain and had great gas mileage 27mpg, lost car in Hurracane Sandy and replaced it with a 2013 identical vehicle. Gas mileage is at 23mpg... Dealer said I am using cheap gas and driving highway over 50mph... It would be nice to find out why such poor gas mileage, I just started using Sunoco gas but have not seen a difference, Otherwise the vehicle is great, just very disappointed in the gas mileage"

Sweet Ride

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Don't know why people critique acceleration"

"Two cars ago I had a Mercedes...one car ago an Audi...this is better. For all the people who review in a negative fashion without having driven other upscale (YES, THE TERRAIN IS UPSCALE...IN FACT I TESTED A GLK JUST PRIOR THE TERRAIN)vehicles and presume that North American is not equal to German well,BULL"

See if you qualify for