2010 GMC Terrain

7.8

Based on 285 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Do not buy a GMC Terrain

By on Monday, January 04, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "too many recalls and repairs"

"We purchased this car 2 years ago, used and have had nothing but problems with it. It has had many recalls and I found that it is burning oil. The latest repair is the Throttle body, which through research with different car repair websites, I find this is a common problem with GMC and Chevy's built from 08-11. The car gives a warning that it is reducing power and makes you pull over so you can't drive it. We had it towed to a dealer and they repaired it. Said it wasn't covered under the warranty. Very disappointed in GM."

Smart Choice

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "price, gas mileage, technology"

Cons: "rear cargo space"

"I looked at every mid-size SUV/CUV on the market before making my purchase, and by far the GMC Terrain was the best bang for my buck. I was looking for a mid-size SUV with good gas mileage and all the bells and whistle to replace my outdated 2002 Isuzu.I LOVE THIS TRUCK. The interior is classy and comfortable, the technology at your fingertips rivals my 645BMW, sitting in my garage that I haven't driven since getting my Terrain. So far my best gas mileage has been 29miles to the gallon and my daily commnute is half hwy, half city. Happy with that. We had our first snow this week and I was impressed with the handling on the front wheel drive. Spacious seating front and back. The only thing this missing is rear cargo space. Never had a four cylinder before but the pickup not bad. A little noisy on acceleration in eco mode.GMC Intellink is great. Movie showing, Gas prices, Weather , Pandora, they have thought of it all. If you are looking for good gas mileage, all the new technology, and great bang for your buck, take a look at the GMC TERRAIN."

Car like ride.. quite inside cabin

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Auto Lift Gate remote start good seats good ride"

Cons: "none at this time only 3 weeks"

"Good looks,,1st 2 tanks of gas 23 and 24.7 miles per gallon Rides like a car and very good seats both front and rear good cargo room love the auto open lift gate. So far very happy with it. Will come back in a month or two for a update"

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and looks elegant"

Cons: "acceleration is slow and no cigarette lighters"

"This truck comes stocked with everything you need for your basic SUV. It includes a USB connect in the console for you IPOD lovers and an internal AUX port good for plugging up your Kindle to read to you through your speakers while you drive. Its really roomy in both the front and back cabins and seats tall people especially comfortably both length and height. There is a lot of head room left even with a 6'plus person in the backseat. Going from a full size truck to an SUV I was used to having a truck bed to haul stuff, but the seats in this SUV fold down and slide back and forth to accommodate just as much as your truck bed would and without the interference of the wheel wells. Its great on gas mileage as long as you leave the ECO mode on, but the ECO mode makes it hard to shift up to fast speeds while trying to merge into oncoming traffic. If you turn it off though, the truck picks up speed with no problem but you also burn a lot of gas in the process. I easily get 25 MPG in the city and about 29 on the highway which is awesome for an SUV. The physical appearance is beautiful - not too flashy but still sleek and elegant. The stitching in the seats use red thread so you feel like you've gotten an upgrade as soon as you sit in it. Overall the GMC Terrain is a great buy and its worth every penny of the price!"

Good Car

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I have a 2012 Terrain FWD SLT-2. 4cyl. Currently have 9,500 miles. BEFORE YOU BUY ONE...DO YOUR HOMEWORK..Cargo cover and The roof cross bars are not standard on the terrain. The dealership did not point that out. Make sure you negotiate for those. CONS: When at a lower gear (slowing down for the car in front of you) and switching to a high gear, SOMETIMES the transmission POPS! First time it happened I thought someone had bumped in to me. Leather seats are a little too narrow. To compare; I'm male, 5'10" 210 lbs. Standard size Golf clubs don't fit in the cargo area with out putting the back seat down. Back seats adjust well front to back, but don't go flat when your needing the back cargo area, they tilt up. All Ambient Lighting is RED... dials, console touch screen, everything. Would be nice to change lighting color. PROS: Beautiful looking vehicle Silver on chrome. Quiet ride. Sit up high in traffic. Many of the standard features are really nice to have. The drivers seat automatically BACKS UP when the car stops so you can get out easier...GREAT IDEA! Good sound system. Hands free Bluetooth. Seat warmers in front seats. Remote start. Moon roof. Automatic lift-gate is a happy surprise. Gas mileage is 24.4 in town. Mirrors automatically adjust down when your in reverse. Touch screen is really helpful. I'm likely to recommend this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Terrain near Honolulu. See local deals