1997 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab

8.0

Based on 390 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

very good truck

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I have abused my truck in about every possible way and it just wont stop. I have found if you run synthetic oil the engine will not will not make a noise even on cold starts. I have drove it cross country several times with a quad or boat behind it and it does just fine. I have 170,000 miles on it and am not afraid to drive it across country next week if I need to. Not bad for a 2000."

A handful of problems

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I own a 98' GMC Sonoma. When i first bought the truck (used) i loved it. I thought i was going to get amazing fuel ecomony at a cheap price. Boy was I wrong. I get about 16 mpg in this truck. Typically mileage is between 25- 30 highway. This truck is also very cheaply made. I have a continuous rattling noise coming from my engine that the dealer said "is normal", it has poor suspension, little to no power (2.2 liter) and it dents ridiculously easy due to cheap quarter panels...hoods...etc. Some things i like about the truck is that it looks better than the S-10 and the A/C is ICE COLD BRR. With all that said, I cant wait to get rid of this truck!"

Dependable, 23K on new engine purchased in 2010

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Good vehicle for first time drivers"

Cons: "Acceleration with 4 cylinder engine"

"Very dependable after replacing engine - July 2010 (only 23,116 miles on engine). New windshield, but drivers side quarter panel dent in Oct 2013 due to deer strike. New brakes and rotors - Jan 2014. Good tires. Only issues since new engine in 2010 was replacing shocks and fuel pump. Enjoyed getting 20 MPG local driving in a pickup truck running on unleaded. Reduced gas mileage when burning less expensive E-85 fuel. Extended cab with third seat in back. Nice red color. Automatic transmission."

Great value for my needs.

By on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pros: "Great price fun to drive."

Cons: "No radio or cruise buttons on steering wheel."

"All I really needed a pickup for was pulling a small trailer when I had to transport my riding mower, or, hauling appliances we had purchased. That's why the small bed was plenty. I was able to have what I needed and still drive a good looking truck(big wheels and tires,low and wide stance, plenty of power)."

reliable, winter rain

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "great truck"

Cons: "3rd door rust, vacuum leaks."

"owned since new have 113100 kms on truck, replaced ball joints, 4x4 vacuum module, brakes, signal lights, head light bulbs, 3rd door, and handle paid $34,000 New Good little truck, I care for it like I own it LOL"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sonoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals