• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1996 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe Cab

8.0

Based on 385 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Easy to work on and maintain.

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, Reliable, East to maintain."

Cons: "Old fashioned, not a sports car."

"I am by no means a mechanic. That being said I have worked on the vehicle and changed many parts with ease. It has been reliable and dependent. I have owned three other vehicles but this is by far my favorite. Reasonably priced and easy to maintain it is the perfect starter vehicle. It has truly been a great vehicle to own and to drive. I enjoy it still after almost seven years of owning. While I did eventually have to change a few things like the fuel pump and starter it was very easy. If you are looking for a vehicle you can work on and save money by avoiding expensive mechanic this is the truck for you. I stand by it as a proud owner."

Good comfortable commuter

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "comfortable commuter"

Cons: "plastic handle on the third door."

"This little truck has been a joy to drive. Interior comforts are great. Extended cab has spoiled me. Can't ever see purchasing another pick-up without the extra room. The only flaw I found was the handle of the third door, behind the drivers door. Its made of plastic. I had one machined out of aluminum. Now it works great. Cost about $25. All worth the money because it will not break like the plastic one. Which cost about the same."

Great little truck after the bugs are fixed

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Some Quality Issues, once fixed , great truck"

Cons: "After 30k miles issues may arise until fixed"

"I've owned the Sonoma 3rd door truck with 2.2L engine for 12 years. When I first purchased the truck I'm so glad I purchased the extended warranty with 100 dollar deductible. I can't remember how many times for the first three years of owning the truck I had numerous issues with emissions system. Oxygen and Speed sensor and harness replaced at least once. The water pump went out and warp the cylinder head so it needed to be machined and reinstalled twice. Make sure if you have to have the head machined or replace that the dealer knows what they are doing. It took me three different visits with three different dealerships to get the engine fixed correctly. After the first three years of ownership, I had no problems. Today now I'm starting to see the service engine light for emissions sensor failing. However, the engine is at 157000 miles I might add. Great little truck after I got all of the bugs out of the system. Good on fuel mileage too 26-27 mpg. Great for visiting the hardware store for moving home improvement goods. Note this truck isn't a club cab it's the extended cab version with the 3rd door and regular 6' bed."

reliable, winter rain

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "great truck"

Cons: "3rd door rust, vacuum leaks."

"owned since new have 113100 kms on truck, replaced ball joints, 4x4 vacuum module, brakes, signal lights, head light bulbs, 3rd door, and handle paid $34,000 New Good little truck, I care for it like I own it LOL"

Dependable, attractive, good ride, V-6 is great.

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, size, reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage only 20mpg"

"Bought new and have 80k miles. V-6, auto, plenty of power and ext cab makes it even more comfortable/less cramped. Only mx has been brakes/tires/ water pump, one power window motor, and two batteries."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sonoma Club Coupe Cab near Honolulu. See local deals