• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2013 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,467 - $30,237.

10/7.4

Based on 713 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best value for the money.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, classic looks, low ownership cost, reliable"

Cons: "interior styling lags behind Ford F150"

"Other than the interior styling (which I think Ford is light-years ahead of all other manufacturers), I have absolutely no gripes about this truck. I test drove the F150, Titan, Ram, and Tundra. The only truck I imediately nixed after driving was the Tundra (after driving the Tundra, I was completely disappointed and cannot understand the infatuation Toyota loyalists have with that truck...way over-hyped and over-priced, and if you don't believe me, drive one and then drive/price any of the other four...unless you are a Toyota apologist, you will be disappointed). The only truck that I actually liked better than the Sierra was the F150. However, considering I could get a comparably equipped Sierra for a few thousand $$ less, the Sierra was definitely the better value. So far, I've had absolutely no problems...even the original tires lasted over 60,000 miles. My family has owned a number of different makes and models of vehicles in the past, including Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai. A client of mine encouraged me to check out GMC, as he runs GMC's for his business and routinely gets 300,000+ miles out of his work pick-ups. Definitely glad I did check out the Sierra. One of the best vehicles (car/truck/van) I have ever owned. Will definitely buy again if I can get another reasonable deal."

Poor performance and fuel mileage.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Lost 6mpg as compared to 2007 model equiped same. Extremely low oil pressure. Excessive tire wear and vibration thru out vehicle. DEALER SAYS JUST DRIVE IT."

I own a 2013-no real changes from 2012

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of horsepower and torque"

Cons: "sits up rather high"

"I love this truck. I think its only drawback is that it sits up rather high. I think it could be a little lower to the ground. Mine is a 2013 SLT crew cab regular box Duramax 4 wheel drive. Plenty of power to pull our 29 1/2 ft fifth wheel. I love driving this rig, and plan on keeping it for quite a while (I still have my 2002 Duramax with 275000 miles as a work vehicle) I would recommend this truck to anyone who tows a trailer."

Best truck value there is!

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Towing, reliability, durability, mileage, COMFORT"

Parked at the beach

"This truck was purchased to meet the following needs: - It had to tow an 8000# travel trailer in mountain terrain. - It had to have 4 wheel drive and off road capability. - It had to have enough back seat area for 4 dogs, 1 large, 1 medium and 2 small. - It had to be COMFORTABLE! I have a bad back and can't tolerate cheap seats. - Fuel mileage was secondary, but 19 mpg highway and 12 mpg towing is quite good. This truck has exceeded all my expectations. It tows a trailer effortlessly. It is driven in 4WD almost daily when I take my dogs to the beach. When driven on long trips, it is exceedingly comfortable, especially with the leather heated seats. I have ridden in many vehicles, some over $100K Europeans. None have as comfortable seats. It has had absolutely zero unscheduled maintenance. One of the best surprises was that it has only depreciated about $3000 from what I paid almost 4 years ago."

Parked at the beach

Best

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Everthing"

Cons: "cant drive it 24X7"

"I have a SLT Z71 black on black loaded with lots extras she has the 5.3 V8 I am getting great MPG my average is 17.8 does it have a fault yeah it has a few have to reach to adjust the radio,the interior is a little dated but I look forward to driving this truck to work everyday"

Buyers remorse on getting the hybrid

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Nice idea"

Cons: "Hybrid tech doesn't work in the cold during short"

"I ordered and bought this truck to be my winter driver. I picked it up in May and only drove it a couple hundred miles during the warm weather and the hybrid tech seemed to work just fine . As I put my other vehicles in storage and the weather got cold, the hybrid tech only kicks in after driving for 15 minutes or more, which is an issue since I only live 5 minutes from work. So the main reason on buying this truck and giving up on several options because of the hybrid, doesn't even work during conditions for which I bought it for. Because of the hybrid, I couldn't order a rear sliding window, storage under the rear seats, heated seats, bigger wheels, interior choices were limited just to name some. And i ordered every option and highest package possible except for a sunroof. Advertised mpg is 21, but only getting 17. After knowing all of this I would have ordered a different truck or even a different make of truck. This rating is so low just because the sole reason of purchasing this truck in a hybrid is completely useless for my driving needs. The truck does perform well in snow as far as traction so at least that is good. Hybrid also causes you to give up towing capacity, but 99% of the time for me I'm not towing large loads."

more towing power than ill eveer need

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "power and reliably"

Cons: "the interior"

"this truck has been great i two all the time the only thing i do not like about this truck is the interior lay out its not all that practical"

Real "man's" truck

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Love the look, drives great for a HD truck."

Cons: "At 13-15 mpg, not for the fuel minded driver"

"I have a black 4 X 4 duelly with a 4 inch lift and, Ranch Hand, brush guard and rear bumper. The truck looks and handles like a real beast. Best truck I've ever owned. Will drive this beauty until the wheels fall off. No other truck comes close. RR-Tx."

I love my truck!!!

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Everyday I look forward to driving my truck."

Cons: "Only the headlight problem I mentioned previously."

"I love my truck. I have only one complaint. When I went to change the left front headlight it was a major ordeal. I've heard this was made much easier in later models. Gas mileage is about what you'd expect, but "it's a truck" so I'm not complaining. My plans are to keep it regularly maintained and put over 200,000 miles on it."

smooth ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "only driver door has keyed entry."

"This truck rides like a cadilac. Much much better that a chevy. Spend the extra money."

Best truck out there right now

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "dependability and styling"

Cons: "no sunroof on standard models, only denali's :-("

"I love my sierra. I've had it for about 2 years now and have not had even one problem with it. Very dependable truck. The powertrain is good in both performance and fuel economy. I use it to tow a small trailer on occasion(roughly 5000-6000 lbs) without any trouble. Styling is great... I get compliments on it all the time. The quality of the components and the ride are both top notch. Bottom line, its a great vehicle."

with current discounts & rebates, great value

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "value & comfort"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"2013 slt crew cab, 4wd, 3.08 rear gears & performance suspension. this vehicle is very dated in & out with little to rave about aesthetically. i traded a 2008 slt 3500 & find the interiors almost identical. it appears they have tweeked the seats somewhat because the new truck is much more comfortable. lack of telescoping steering wheel & the wide incrementation of the tilt make the "sweet spot" illusive for me. the super tall console storage in lew of a true arm rest coupled with a too low door arm rest make for a situation that begs for improvement. even with these short comings, the ride is quite comfortable overall. the interior lacks any pizzazz & lags behind ford or dodge for modern amenities. it appears this will be somewhat improved with the early introduction of the '14 models this summer. the v4/v8 system seems to be more sales gimmickry than a bonifide fuel savings aid. my dreams of cruising down a level road at highway speeds with the economy of a 4 banger were quickly dashed. for the v4 mode to become active required a fairly steep decline or at idle. at idle there is a noticeable roughness; not enough to be annoyable but present. transition from v8 to v4 is seamless but switching back to v8 is slightly detectable most of the time. the 6 speed transmission shifts smoothly. an incline of any duration does, however, generally require a down shift. i feel the shorter 3.42 gears more prevelant on this model would do better on this respect. the greatest point of dissapointment for me is the fuel mileage. i'm in hopes it will improve with time but i think the rated 21mpg highway is a fantasy. i'm not sure what kind of sterile conditions were used to qualify this truck for 21 mpg but i'm relatively sure it ain't gonna happen in the real world!! for some reason it isn't unusual for trucks of all brands to be grossly over rated in this area. my first trip was 245 miles at interstate speeds using conservative driving practices. this netted me only 16.2 mpg. the primary reason i traded my 1 ton was for a more comfortable ride & better fuel mileage. the ride comfort is a definite improvement but ironically, the last road trip on my dually was exactly 16.2!!"

Best HD Truck Yet!!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "POWER POWER POWER! Allison transmission is GREAT!"

Cons: "Inside could use a revamping, still clean though!"

Sierra 2500 HD SLE

"This is by far the most well rounded 3/4 ton truck I have owned. Better power to the ground from the 6.6L Duramax mated with the Allison transmission. You feel ALL of the 765 FT/LB's of torque this thing produces. Get groceries all day, and haul 20k pounds by night, and never hesitate in the middle. Great ride, brakes, styling, and power. Would recommend and WILL buy again!"

Sierra 2500 HD SLE

one of the best

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "stylish and great ride"

"Great truck. Just too nice for a work truck. Overall EXCELLENT!"

Great truck

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Reason: Moved to a bigger city, longer commute.

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas money"

"This was my first new vehicle, AWESOME!!!!! Loved every day having it. Would keep or get a newer model if my commute wasn't so far."

My first new truck

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Sexy truck. Chics love it. good MPG"

Cons: "No reverse in cold weather, power steering issues"

"I have the SLE crewcab with 4.8 liter. never have I driven a truck with such a small motor that makes so much horsepower. I use this truck for commuting 90 miles a day and gets 23mpg down hill and 18 mpg up hill if you drive with cruise on and use neutral down hills. I use to have an S-10 4 cyl that got 21mpg all the time. this ruck does average 15-16 mpg depending how you drive it. Cruise control definitely helps. I was worried at first that I should of bought the 5.3 6speed model. After seeing reviews and feeling all this power, Im glad I bought it. I think the engineers at GM have this motor maxed out with horse power so to add a cold air intake or some loud exhaust system would be a waist of time and money and most likely make it slower and lower MPG. I run my tire pressure at 35 psi and it rides like a Cadillac. when i put 44 psi it feels like and old GMC ready to shake apart and you can feel every bump in the road. I love this truck. Not the fastest thing, but an overall good truck"

2nd Best Vehicle ever, by far the best truck ever

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "Safety, reliability, drivabililty, cool looks"

Cons: "BlueTooth a bit flakey - but can be remedied"

"I have been a Ford 250/350 owner for years. Since the 7.3 PS, things have gone down hill fast. The company has similarly tanked with its "just in time" inventory system (which is easily translated into "when we darn well get around to it"). The GMC Denali 3500 has been an absolute dream. Quiet, unbelievable power - tows a 16,500 lb 5er and an 11,000 lb boat very comfortably and safely (not at the same time though). Kid is comfortable and safe in the back with the video on. Lots of miles, lots of long distance travel. I now use it for my daily driver (although deisel is still quite expensive). I typically merely tolerate cars/trucks - but this one is a keeper."

Ford makes better trucks

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

"I've been having power steering problems with my truck. I bought the truck used with 18,000 miles, but I still consider that to be new. It shouldn't happen with a truck with such low mileage. Other complaints are with mileage. It's supposed to get 15 city/22 on the highway, but I never see that. Interior's also pretty cheap feeling."

Absolutely love getting into this truck everyday

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of cabin room. Perfect amount of power"

Cons: "Slight delay when flooring the throttle."

"I was very skeptical about getting this pickup, but the wife talked my into it. I haven't regretted it since. My work truck is a 2007 F-250, and I look forward to getting back into my GMC every time I get home. The difference is incomparable. The little details are great. Locking cabinet under the center console. Very comfortable seats. Dash is easy to look at during nighttime driving. Great exterior styling. I get about 17 in town and 21 on the highway if I don't drive with a lead foot."

Meh

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Horsepower, towing, ride quality"

Cons: "rattles, clunks, poor styling"

"A little too expensive for the quality, fit and finish is lacking. Rattles, cheap interior materials, clunky, rough idle. the 6.2l runs like a spotted ape...I'll probably be back in a Ford in the next couple years. I don't like the skinny steering wheel, which is off-center. vanilla style."

2011 GMC Sierra Extended Cab

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Looks like a 2013. (for cheap money)"

Cons: "Underpowered and long turning radius"

"Bought as a leftover unit a year ago- 8000 off MSRP with private offer. V6 engine giving 18 mpg on HWY. Smooth ride but a little underpowered for any towing.Cruise works great.Seating comfortable up front- crowded in back. Still, truck is a good value, and style is current with 2013s -cannot tell the difference."

2011 2500hd quad cab w/8foot bed diesel

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pros: "power, very comfortable"

Cons: "factory tires"

"It took almost six months to find this truck and another two to finally decide to purchase it. This was advertised as a work truck. It has vinyl seats, rubber flooring, am/fm, roll down windows. My wife loved it except it was a diesel and red. Dealer took care of the price of the diesel and told her she would come to appreciate the color. She has, less people pull out in front of her. Her previous vehicle was a granite silver f150. Hauling drywall, plywood, flooring, etc denoted the 8' bed. Kids had the four door mandatory. This truck handles wonderfully, power is unbelievable, given the fact the truck is over 22' long. We did have the windows tinted, initially very warm interior during the summer months. Factory tires could be better. Overall, completely love this truck. It is exactly what we were looking for in a truck"

great pickup

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "great price, very dependable."

Cons: "ride"

"i love my pickup."

BEST Truck I have ever owned

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Style, Handling, MPG, Quality, 4X4 dial"

Cons: "To many options/engines to choose from.Hard decesi"

"I have owned the Dodge 1500, I give it a 7 out of 10. I recently owned a F150 eco boost but due to the lemon law got rid of it, thank you. Give it a 0 out of 10 and I just got a GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 Z60 package. Oh my God, this truck is awesome. The engine is great and the 4 cyl to 8 cyl AFM works great saving fuel when I need too. The comfort in the Cab is so great. The turning radius and park ability is like no other truck. I will never own any thing else but a GMC. I am just upset it took me this long to get a GMC. Test ride one now and you will buy."

Excellent Truck, Value, Performacne

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Performance of a truck, comfort of a luxury car"

Cons: "Better segmentation of the storage in the console"

"We purchased this for use in snow country. It has served us extremely well. The cab space as well as the bed offer great space. We use the optional storage rails for flexible tied down of cargo. Interior features make this an excellent highway cruiser and you've got to have the heated seats which heat up quickly (a comfortable creature feature). The 5.3 V8 provides plenty of performance, easily pulls to 100 mph. We have the towing/trailer package and we pull a trailer with ease in the mountains. The truck is easy on tires too. We still have the original tires and they have at least 5-8,000 miles left on them. A very nice vehicle, more than just a truck."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25