• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Best truck ever and I've had a few

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, ride and performance"

"I am a full time pickup truck driver and trade most times on a yearly basis not more than two years. I like this 2012 GMC SLT so well its time to trade and I just can't bring myself to trade it off."

Very harsh ride, thinking of trading for a Ford

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Harsh ride, 3:08 rear end , no switched accessory"

"Other than the year end deal I am very dissatisfied with the truck over all. I didn't realize how poor the truck performs with the 3:08 rear end. GM pulled a good trick to get the gas mileage with this weak setup. I should have done better research. Wish I had my old 2002 Silverado 4.8 V8 with the4 speed auto back. I am 65 and had planed for this to be my last truck, but I am thinking about trading for the Ford V6 Ecoboost if I can trade without taking to bad a beating."

I guess the newnes is still here...lol

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I guess Im still happy from having a new truck.. Being a guy that never had much Worked my but off now i can afforn a nice new vehicle.. I pretty happy with mine. Dont have any complaints.... And I actualy like the salesman. I didnt want to ring there neck out after purchase... If God is willing My next one will be the the big Diesel.... Very Happy Camper...."

Best value for the money.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, classic looks, low ownership cost, reliable"

Cons: "interior styling lags behind Ford F150"

"Other than the interior styling (which I think Ford is light-years ahead of all other manufacturers), I have absolutely no gripes about this truck. I test drove the F150, Titan, Ram, and Tundra. The only truck I imediately nixed after driving was the Tundra (after driving the Tundra, I was completely disappointed and cannot understand the infatuation Toyota loyalists have with that truck...way over-hyped and over-priced, and if you don't believe me, drive one and then drive/price any of the other four...unless you are a Toyota apologist, you will be disappointed). The only truck that I actually liked better than the Sierra was the F150. However, considering I could get a comparably equipped Sierra for a few thousand $$ less, the Sierra was definitely the better value. So far, I've had absolutely no problems...even the original tires lasted over 60,000 miles. My family has owned a number of different makes and models of vehicles in the past, including Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai. A client of mine encouraged me to check out GMC, as he runs GMC's for his business and routinely gets 300,000+ miles out of his work pick-ups. Definitely glad I did check out the Sierra. One of the best vehicles (car/truck/van) I have ever owned. Will definitely buy again if I can get another reasonable deal."

smooth ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "only driver door has keyed entry."

"This truck rides like a cadilac. Much much better that a chevy. Spend the extra money."

Great truck

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Reason: Moved to a bigger city, longer commute.

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas money"

"This was my first new vehicle, AWESOME!!!!! Loved every day having it. Would keep or get a newer model if my commute wasn't so far."

GMC Hybrid has been problem free.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "All around great truck"

Cons: "rear seat cupholders not so good."

"I buy a new pickup ever other year so I thought i would try a hybrid this time. I haven't spent a dime on it (not even brakes) in 80K miles. Rides great, everything works like new and I have consistently averaged about 17-19 on the highway and 21-22 around town where the hybrid kicks in. Lots of power as the electric gives it a boost. Only problem is the highway sweetspot is at 105-108 mph."

BEST Truck I have ever owned

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Style, Handling, MPG, Quality, 4X4 dial"

Cons: "To many options/engines to choose from.Hard decesi"

"I have owned the Dodge 1500, I give it a 7 out of 10. I recently owned a F150 eco boost but due to the lemon law got rid of it, thank you. Give it a 0 out of 10 and I just got a GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 Z60 package. Oh my God, this truck is awesome. The engine is great and the 4 cyl to 8 cyl AFM works great saving fuel when I need too. The comfort in the Cab is so great. The turning radius and park ability is like no other truck. I will never own any thing else but a GMC. I am just upset it took me this long to get a GMC. Test ride one now and you will buy."

My 1 Year Review of 2011 Ext. Cab SLE with tow pkg

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive, nice looking truck"

Cons: "Thin side panels prone to door dings."

"I have owned this truck for 1 year now. I have the 5.3L V8 with 6spd trans. So far, the truck has performed well on two long road trips (MPG 19.5) at 75 to 80 MPH. I average about 16 mpg in town. Truck is comfortable. I got it with Blue Tooth, and I love it, A/C works great (I live in AZ). My only complaint so far is the door panels seem to be pretty thin. I have a nasty door ding that occured without much force. Other than that the truck has been solid. I will try to remember to update for year 2!"

Joy to drive extremly powerful, can tow anything,

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Very well made, solid body"

Cons: "Should have gotten it sooner"

"Had 2000 Silverado 2500 4X4 with 200,000 miles. Dealer made offer I had to take. Overjoyed with decision. Rides great, feels very solid. Rear view camera makes hooking up to trailer very easy. My wife has a Caddilac SRX and she keeps "taking" my truck. Its a race to the garage every morning."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 3500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals