• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2013 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,594 - $33,553.

10/7.4

Based on 735 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Great truck for the money.

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Great value, great quality, great looking"

Cons: "Plasticy Interior. Needs a std locking tailgate"

"I got a 2008 work truck with rubber floormats and manual windows and locks. The truck drives great, is very quiet, and gets 20mpg on the highway all day long. I've had no problems with anything in the first 3 years of ownership. My only complaint is that parts of the interior feel cheap, but I did get the base W/T. No rattles or squeeks though. The only options I have are cruise, XM Radio, A/C, and the Eaton Diff. I got the SL exterior appearance package, and I get compliments on my truck all the time. It looks like a $35k truck. You can't beat a brand new truck for $20k that has a 100,000 mi. warranty on the drivetrain."

Best truck out there right now

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "dependability and styling"

Cons: "no sunroof on standard models, only denali's :-("

"I love my sierra. I've had it for about 2 years now and have not had even one problem with it. Very dependable truck. The powertrain is good in both performance and fuel economy. I use it to tow a small trailer on occasion(roughly 5000-6000 lbs) without any trouble. Styling is great... I get compliments on it all the time. The quality of the components and the ride are both top notch. Bottom line, its a great vehicle."

Unbeatable for trailer towing and off roading

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Power, quality and comfort"

Cons: "Original tires"

"We bought this GMC 2500 HD Duramax 4X4 Z71 after our 2001 Tahoe was totaled in a crash. Prior to crash, we felt that our new 30 ft trailer was just a little too big for the Tahoe. The crash forced our hand and we decided to get the best we could afford. In addition to trailer towing, I drive onto the beach to walk our 4 dogs daily. The towing capability is unsurpassed. The vehicle is so stable, powerful and comfortable, that it makes towing a large trailer effortless. I pull mountain passes at 60 mph, in cruise control. Off road it is quite capable, even though it is big. I have gone just about anywhere I would have gone in my smaller Tahoe. It is very strong and capable. On the beach, the original tires were not up to the job. I upgraded to one size larger (285-70x17) and was quite pleased. The interior is well finished and the heated, power leather seats are the most comfortable seats my large body (6'2", 260#) has ever sat in. My son works for a large exclusive European dealership. Nothing he has given me a ride in is as comfortable. The back seat is huge, which is why we bought a crew cab, as that is where our 4 dogs ride in safety and comfort. This is likely the last pickup truck I will need to buy. Even so, after 2 years, the suggested retail price is still about the same as I paid for the truck 2 years ago. I have been so happy, that 3 of my friends in my coffee group have purchased new GMC pickup trucks. I love my truck!"

Great ride and little mainitenance.

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power and a ride that can't be beat,"

Cons: "It's a chore to wash due to the size."

"The ride is fantastic and my wife prefers my truck to our Buick. I pull a 29 foot travel trailer with ease, power to spare and able to maintain reasonable mileage (11 mpg). It will be my first choice when it comes time to replace it. The material of the seats collects lint easily and I have had to replaced two glow plugs. I have had a couple of erroneous computer errors telling me the 4 wheel drive needed to be serviced. The dealer didn't know why it appeared but cleared it. Overall I wouldn't consider owning anything else,"

Fine Truck: Big and Comfortable

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality, size, ride, comfort"

Cons: "cloth seats grab lint; throttle tip-in strange"

"You will like this truck once you get used to the size. it has "presence" on the highway, but like a big Cadillac or Bentley. Effortless cruising. It will eat the Interstate alive. If you want to tow, it will tow very well, IF you utilize the features included in the 6-speed automatic. It includes a feature that lets the driver set the highest gear range the transmission will shift to. The top two ranges are overdrives, and are intended for cruising only, and if you try to tow in the highest range you WILL be dissappointed. Set it to about M4, though, and it will WALK with a trailer. And you will have the benefit of higher fuel economy when unloaded."

See if you qualify for