• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Best Truck I have owned

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I purchased my Sierra Denali new, in the past during service I have been given Cadillacs as loaners and couldnt wait to get my Sierra Denali back, Great Power, Great ride, outstanding in every way. I have 5 other vehicles Including a SL55 AMG and a 650 convertable and when I have a choice of which set of keys to grab it seems that it is always my 2008 Sierra Denali (as you can see by the miles I have put on it in the short time I have owned it) I would buy another one, as a result of driving in my truck my business partner has purchased a 2011 GMC Sierra and feels the same way about his truck."

best dependable truck ever!

By on Sunday, June 06, 2010

"I brought this truck brand new in 05 it has 29,000 on it looks great! Only thing I wish Gm would do if you buy something brand new you should be able to tell them to take the Bridgestone tires off and but Michelin tires on. As for the fuel mileage it should be better. I have 6.6 duramax,allison trans,5in dual exhausr with flow master exhaust.I wish it could ride just a little better also. But I look good coming down the road with it. It has pulled 30ft. camper with no problem and stopping with ease.I wish it had a bigger fuel tank."

Same old GM as always

By on Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Although it's probably the nicest truck made by GM it has it's quirks. The made in China aluminum wheels still flake the clear coating after 1 winter, The chrome bumpers rust after 1 winter, it also can be bent, twisted, flexed and krinkled by hand.. The body panels are soft and easily dented and the paint will show rail dust rust particles after i winter. The 36month/36000 mile warranty is still pretty much worthless as GM won't replace the wheels or bumper even after the service advisor said that they would."

Best Truck I've Ever Had!

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"Best truck I’ve ever owned – 110,000 and still going strong! Pulls anything w/ plenty of power to spare. MPG towing 15, highway19+. Maintenance is a breeze (very well thought out). Driven cross-country several times with the whole family and would do it again in a heartbeat (no pun intended). The only issues I’ve had is that the rear brakes wear quicker than the front and the fan switch/knob had to be replaced twice."

poor workmenship

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Fuel mileage poor for a diesel, Does have great power. Inteior creeks or rattles, less than a year old and had two oil leaks! Body panels dent very easy, dented fender from just leaning aginst it. Need more storage compartments around dash & console. Not a good work truck, not tough enough."

Second GMC and not the last

By on Thursday, July 24, 2008

"I had a 2002 GMC Sierra SLE 2WD Ext. Cab, I had that truck for 5 years, I thought that it was the best truck ever built. That is utill I bought a 2008 GMC Sierra SLE 2WD Crew Cab! I love this truck, I have not found anything that it will not tow or haul, I love the comfort, it gets great gas mileage with the active fuel management. This is the first vehicle I have had with OnStar, and I am very impressed by it. I get compliments on the truck everyday, I have put a Flowmaster dual exhaust, K&N cold air intake, and a Westin Bull Bar w/driving lights, and Westin Step Rails. It is by far the best truck out there, and I will be getting another GMC in about 5-10 years when I decide I want a new one."

Flat out nice!

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Bought truck with 26,000 miles from owner of dealership for a good price. I pull a 24ft. boat every wk.end and don't know it's evenback there. Very nice to drive.I just wish it got better gas milage. This does help keep the milage low.Ha!Ha!"

Great Truck

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"I've owned DODGE, FORD AND CHEVY trucks in last 25 years. Since 2000 I've owned 2 GMC's a 2000 1500 and a 2004 2500HD I'll never buy any other brand of truck, great dependability never had them in the shop for anything major only the normal service items (oil and routine maintenance). I'll be purchasing a new truck in 2008 may step up to a duramax if not the 1500 with a 6.0 Vortex."

Real HD Capacity

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I have had this vehicle since new, 3 + yrs. It has the 6 L engine (300 Horses). Plaenty of torque, I have used it for HD towing and it does a fantastic job while still maintaining 14-16 mpg with the 4.10 rear end. I also use it when camping with my Lance 9.5 cab-over camper and have never met a hill that I could not accelerate up. GREAT TRUCK!!! If you plan on hauling a large camper make sure to use under bed mounting, todays truck bodies are not what they once were."

Amazing

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Very quiet. Surprised at the power! Very comfortable on the road. Got 20 miles per gallon on a trip (empty). When pulling a heavy trailer, it went up a long grade at 65 miles per hour without even downshifting. Seats very comfortable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals