• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 736 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Would buy another Sierra Denali in a heartbeat

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Power,performance,quality,looks"

Cons: "(minor!) console is just a big box,"

"Have owned this diesel truck 3 years. Tow a 6 ton RV fifth wheel 4-5 mos out of the year(FL 3x, AZ 2x). I love it! Comfortable, quiet, powerful, good milage, no problems. Came with Michelin tires, 18" wheels. Will easily get 50K miles on them. The only cons are lack of color choices, lack of grill protection in front of transmission cooler (in large bumper opening) and the console is just a big box(looks like an after thought). All minor, picky cons. I would buy another Sierra HD Diesel SRW Denali in a heartbeat!"

Good full-sized medium hauler

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Ride, transmission, engine torque, turbo, ex brake"

Cons: "heavy, expensive"

"Interior comfort and noise abatement are excellent. Has very good towing manners and is comfortable with big loads. Stock headlights are very good, but fog lights are merely ornamental. Air intake for transmission cooler needs screen if you operate on dirt or gravel roads. Recommend upgrade to Caterpillar fuel filter (and housing), which has higher flow and lower micron rating than stock. Variable-geometry turbo is outstanding and incorporates a very effective engine brake by moving the stator vanes inside the turbo. This works much better than a simple butterfly exhaust valve such as Isuzu, Cummins and Ford use. It works in conjunction with the Allison transmission and keeps speeds where they belong on downgrades with moderate loads, but the installed trailer brake system handles the rest. If you intend to tow a 5th wheel, you will need a special sliding mount or risk hitting the cab with the trailer. I froze the DEF fluid while idling in Canada overnight at -40, but the tank is designed to allow that and although I had a warning light on for about fifty miles, it eventually thawed out and have had no further issues. I would like some kind of DEF level gauge or indication other that "Low" or "Okay". Truck front suspension rides better than the Ford or Ram trucks that I drove before buying. This may or may not be important to you, but I drive large trucks in rural environments and appreciate a smoother ride in my personal vehicle. I have added rear air bags for load leveling to avoid having to adjust my headlights every time I travel. Overall, it's a very good truck, no disrespect to Ford or Ram; all three are pretty good."

Love My Truck

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"I have the SLE 4X4 Diesel and absolutely love this truck. Powerful, comfortable, and reliable. I put new wheels and tires and everywhere I go people comment on what a nice truck I have."

A great vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Very comfy to drive- excellent handling for a larg"

Cons: "small outside mirrors- needs towing mirrors"

"My Sierra is an ext. cab 4x4 with a 4.8 liter V-8 and it has never caused a problem. Reliability is outstanding and don't be afraid of the small engine- the 4.8 moves this vehicle down the road just fine and it really shines on the interstate with very respectable fuel mileage- even for a 4x4. Even with a full load in the bed- there is more than enough power under the hood."

Best truck ever and I've had a few

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, ride and performance"

"I am a full time pickup truck driver and trade most times on a yearly basis not more than two years. I like this 2012 GMC SLT so well its time to trade and I just can't bring myself to trade it off."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals