• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 770 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

First truck owned...great for my family.

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"Many road trips with plenty of cab/cargo space. Spent dozens of weekends in the mountains towing our three ATV s up there to ride and camp with no problem!"

Best truck ever and I've had a few

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, ride and performance"

"I am a full time pickup truck driver and trade most times on a yearly basis not more than two years. I like this 2012 GMC SLT so well its time to trade and I just can't bring myself to trade it off."

One of the very best trucks

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"One of the best trucks we've ever owned. Unfortunately we lost it in an accident but I truly believe that the safety features in this truck saved our lives. Thanks GMC for making quality vehicles."

Great vehicle for both daily work and weekends out

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great features, options galore"

Cons: "Fuel is ok, off road ride stiff, road smooth."

"You make me want to cruise"

"I have driven this customized SLE Z71 both daily and for weekend outings. Capable of turning heads with chrome appointments, 4'lift, 20' chrome wheels, Chrome bull ring, extra driving lights, full leather interior and convenience features such as Bluetooth, Satellite, OnStar, easy steering wheel controls,one touch four wheel drive. Room for the whole family and the dogs. Off road handling with a comfortable aggressive BF Goodrich tire for Sand, Mud or Snow, but still enough comfort to enjoy daily. Only missing heated cooled seats and navigation which would have liked. OnStar still provides directions if needed. Fuel mileage is hurt by the larger wheels and tires, but the Flowmasters are a joy to hear as you pull up beside the competitors trucks. Get many compliments from both men and surprisingly a high number of women. Guess "some girls like a pickup man""

"You make me want to cruise"

Great truck

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

"5.3 engine with towing package 5th wheel super slide hitch with 373 rear end . Great pulling truck with tailor hook up. Plenty of room with the 4 doors. Never had any damage"

Very harsh ride, thinking of trading for a Ford

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Harsh ride, 3:08 rear end , no switched accessory"

"Other than the year end deal I am very dissatisfied with the truck over all. I didn't realize how poor the truck performs with the 3:08 rear end. GM pulled a good trick to get the gas mileage with this weak setup. I should have done better research. Wish I had my old 2002 Silverado 4.8 V8 with the4 speed auto back. I am 65 and had planed for this to be my last truck, but I am thinking about trading for the Ford V6 Ecoboost if I can trade without taking to bad a beating."

GMC Hybrid has been problem free.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "All around great truck"

Cons: "rear seat cupholders not so good."

"I buy a new pickup ever other year so I thought i would try a hybrid this time. I haven't spent a dime on it (not even brakes) in 80K miles. Rides great, everything works like new and I have consistently averaged about 17-19 on the highway and 21-22 around town where the hybrid kicks in. Lots of power as the electric gives it a boost. Only problem is the highway sweetspot is at 105-108 mph."

I guess the newnes is still here...lol

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I guess Im still happy from having a new truck.. Being a guy that never had much Worked my but off now i can afforn a nice new vehicle.. I pretty happy with mine. Dont have any complaints.... And I actualy like the salesman. I didnt want to ring there neck out after purchase... If God is willing My next one will be the the big Diesel.... Very Happy Camper...."

Best value for the money.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, classic looks, low ownership cost, reliable"

Cons: "interior styling lags behind Ford F150"

"Other than the interior styling (which I think Ford is light-years ahead of all other manufacturers), I have absolutely no gripes about this truck. I test drove the F150, Titan, Ram, and Tundra. The only truck I imediately nixed after driving was the Tundra (after driving the Tundra, I was completely disappointed and cannot understand the infatuation Toyota loyalists have with that truck...way over-hyped and over-priced, and if you don't believe me, drive one and then drive/price any of the other four...unless you are a Toyota apologist, you will be disappointed). The only truck that I actually liked better than the Sierra was the F150. However, considering I could get a comparably equipped Sierra for a few thousand $$ less, the Sierra was definitely the better value. So far, I've had absolutely no problems...even the original tires lasted over 60,000 miles. My family has owned a number of different makes and models of vehicles in the past, including Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai. A client of mine encouraged me to check out GMC, as he runs GMC's for his business and routinely gets 300,000+ miles out of his work pick-ups. Definitely glad I did check out the Sierra. One of the best vehicles (car/truck/van) I have ever owned. Will definitely buy again if I can get another reasonable deal."

smooth ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "only driver door has keyed entry."

"This truck rides like a cadilac. Much much better that a chevy. Spend the extra money."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals