• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 1510 Ratings for the 1999 - 2007 models.

RELIABLE

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"This is a great truck and I have only had to replace the fuel pump and put tires on it and just rolled over 260000 don't be afraid of high mileage on these trucks will tow anything pulled a 35 foot big tex with my deer 612m with it all the time. gas mileage isn't the best I get about 12 all around but for the reliability its perfect"

The best truck on the road!!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cons: "No cons!!"

"Black GMC Z71 enuff said!!"

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, powerful, nice looking, roomy"

Cons: "V8 gas mileage, 2WD not great for snow, ice"

All around terrific vehicle

"I have had this vehicle for 7 years and it has not needed anything major. I have been diligent on oil changes and other services. The only thing that has been an intermittent concern is that it is only 2WD. Washington doesn't get that cold, but when it does, the truck is not very good in inclement weather. It is sturdy, powerful, comfortable. Holds up great to wear and tear!"

All around terrific vehicle

great all around truck!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "great in all situations, drives like a car!"

Cons: "gas mileage nothing great"

"i purchased this truck used with less than 100k on it and never looked back. strong motor great ride and the ability to work when necessary, plus she looks good to boot!! maintainence was easy and she never let me down!"

Leak prone 5.3 hurts experience

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable,Powerfull"

Cons: "Leaks,Clunks,Leaks some more"

"First the good, the seats are SO comfortable, the truck has a lot of room in it, it does what it should do these days, hauls people and stuff. That's about it. For the rest of it: Small thing, when in Drive, the shifter is in the way of the speed knob for the HVAC, oversight I suppose, but it's clumsy and not appreciated. Medium thing, the rear doors sound awful hollow and pop when closing, but they seal tightly. Unlike the passenger rear window, they leak, this truck is the pop out window, does not roll down. But the top of the passenger side leaks on many of these trucks. Then, there are the big issues.. The 5.3L leaks oil. It drips on the exhaust pipe. It drips out front of your house, driveway, work, school... it smells terrible, and you have to remove the transmission (4L60E that is a so-so tranny) and 4wd transfer case to get to the rear seal to even hope to fix it... and it's about an 90% success rate from what I hear and read if you DIY. It's a THOUSAND DOLLAR FIX for a shop or dealership! The Ford's $1200 spark plug issue is just as bad, but still, that is ridiculous, an oil leak???? We've been building engines for how many years now? We should not have leaks this day and age. Also the slip yoke slides around quite a bit, and therefore gives the "famous" (infamous) driveline clunk. Another "normal" issue. Supposedly no damage, but I don't believe it. They've made a $300 replacement nickel plated yoke, but who's realistically going to buy that? Overall, it gets from point A to B, it's a nice truck, it's a shame that it has issues that it just flat out should not have."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for