• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1999 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 1551 Ratings for the 1999 - 2007 models.

Great truck - 215K and still going strong!

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Cons: "Bad oil pressure gauge. Rocker panel rot."

"My first truck.I bought this truck a year ago to tow my 4000+lb. cars to shows and the drag strip. I only planned on using it occasionally, so I didn't want to spend a fortune. Took a chance on an 11-year old truck with 206K miles, and I got lucky. The good stuff: My first trip was 3000 miles round-trip, towing over 6500 lb. No problems! I don't drive slowly, and the 6.0 liter had plenty of oomph. Had to downshift going over some mountains, but on the level I forgot there was a trailered car behind me. Comfortable leather seating, everything worked great (except oil pressure gauge). Maneuverability with Quadrasteer was really easy. Several weeks later I made a 1000 mile trip, again no issues. You'd never know this truck has so much use on it. The not so good: Body rot in the rocker panels. Replacements are cheap except for labor (if you can't do it yourself). Corrosion in the rear brake line. Be certain to check it out. Bad oil pressure sending unit. Cheap fix. I love this truck!"

This is my second one

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Power, comfy,"

Cons: "Fuel, Electrical problems"

"I owned a 200 2500 hd, then purchased the 2003 2500. I loved both of these trucks. The 6.0 has plenty of power however it does suck the fuel down. Average 10 mpg. towing or not, loaded or not. Both of mine where the 2 wheel drive versions and very bad in the snow used to get stuck all the time, snow, mud, wet grass. I will be buying another just 4x4"

This is very reliable good running work truck

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "still runs very strong"

Cons: "a little rust"

my favorite pickup.

"This truck runs great. mostly highway miles. starting to show its age."

my favorite pickup.

112k and I love this truck!!

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Great truck"

Cons: "Could use a 4x4 off switch. But still love it"

"I haven't put a dime into her with the exception of normal maintains !!! You take care of her and she'll do the same. :)"

Great Truck!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Rides great - should be good for another 100k"

Cons: "even with tranfer case issue I give it 10/10"

"I bought this truck new in 10/98. It has over 160K on it and it is still going strong. this truck does not get babied, but it is not abused. I use it for hauling firewood/wood pellets/ATV, I load it down when traveling and hunting and it is used to tow a travel trailer multiple times a year. Living in MT, it gets used off-highway about 1/3 of the time and has served me well. It has had regular scheduled maintenance and other than that new tires, rear breaks and front bearings. Transfer case did go out @ 100k but replaced with a rebuilt and have had no trouble. Does alright mileage wise if you keep your foot out of it, but poor mileage towing - it is a truck after all. Even at 160K it does not lack horsepower for towing in the mountains."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals