• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 1555 Ratings for the 1999 - 2007 models.

Love this truck!!!!!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "very comfortable, and efficient."

Cons: "wish i would have had four full doors!"

"We bought this truck second hand in 2004 it had 42000 miles on it. Today it has 305499 miles on it and we still love it. we go back to Louisiana at least 3 times a month sometimes more, which is a three hour drive one way for us. We have never had any trouble with the engine. I do a oil change every 4000 miles with synth oil. Do regular upkeep on it, I am about to have it repainted to pass on to my grandson. My goal is to buy another GMC truck!!"

Simply an Incredible truck

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Window washer jets, location"

"I love this truck, I get tired before it does and that is more than I can say about that 01 Dodge I had. This truck is great. Its tuff, dependable and has more than enough power at 300HP 355FTLB Torq. Not to mention Im avg. 13.5MPG city/hwy mix driving with some small towing. Under 3klbs. This truck is just incredible. Im usually lyre about new trucks as in anything newer than 85, this one is certainly changing my mind. I give it an overall rating of 8/10. All specs say the truck has a 34 gallon tank but when I ran it almost completely out It would only hold 22. SO lil confused on that. The only bad thing I have found about this truck, in general, and its something I liked about the dodge, is the adjustable cup holders."

By on Saturday, January 02, 2010

"Have had this truck since 2003, purchased it used with 51,000 miles. Now has 278,000 and runs like the day I purchased it. Has the 5.3 and plenty of power with an avg rating of 20 mpg. The only thing I have done in terms of major repairs, is the fuel pump, twice..Not bad considering my driving habits..Always buy GM products but don't like the faulty abs system , my wife has a 2002 Tahoe, abs problems since 50,000 miles...Had it fixed at dealer, had it fixed again by a electrical guy on eBay, still abs won't work properly...My truck's abs works but light has been on since 80,000 miles...Overall I couldn't ask for a better truck and exceptional value..."

GMC Trucks Rock!

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My first GMC truck had 280,000 miles when I sold it, and it still ran like a champ! I needed to get a 4 wheel drive since I moved from Texas to Colorado. I currently have a 2002 Sierra 1500 Denali. I bought it 10 years ago and it had 20,000 miles on it. It has 120,000 on it now. It has required only general maintenance for 10 years until 2 years ago when the fuel pump wore out and the next year I replaced the alternator. I kept the truck well maintained. I'm a firm believer in taking care of my vehicle and it will take care of me. This truck has gone above and beyond my expectations. This truck has not disappointed me. It has been very reliable and has performed well in all situations. It rides like a Cadillac,is very comfortable, it handles very well and is a good looking truck. I can hardly tell when I am pulling a trailer or the pop up camper. I would not even consider getting another truck in the near future, if...it got better gas mileage. Of course, if the cost of gas was not overinflated, that would not be an issue either. I love the 4 wheel steer feature. I had some carpal tunnel issues a few years back and the 4 wheel steer was extremely beneficial. It is a great feature even without hand problems. That is the only reason I will hate to get rid of this truck...I can not get the 4 wheel steer again, as they are not putting in trucks anymore. I'm afraid that feature got a bad rap for some reason? The adjustable lumbar support is very nice, especially on long trips. I can't say enough good things about my truck. This has been the best vehicle I have owned..."

Fantastic vehicle all around.

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Reason: Was offered a generous amount for it

Pros: "great for winter, comfy, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, somewhat cheap interior"

"I owned a 2005 Sierra Denali for around 11 months. I purchased it through a private sale from a trailer rental company. The truck had just cracked 100,000 miles at time of purchased, and was not particularly well maintained, and was idled a lot (engine had over 5000 hours) but it ran like an absolute dream, and had more power than what I would ever need for a DD. Over the 11 month period I owned it, it never needed any major or minor repairs besides regular oil changes and an $80 o2 sensor that I replaced myself within 5 minutes. The truck really was the perfect winter vehicle. Started in -35 weather without the slightest hesitation, heated leather seats to keep your behind toasty, and the AWD worked so well I couldn't fishtail if I tried nor did I get stuck driving through massive amounts of snow. On top of being the perfect winter vehicle, it was great for highway driving too. Felt like I was driving one big, powerful cloud down the highway. I never towed anything with it, but with a 8,100 lb towing capacity I can imagine it can haul a whole lot. The only downside to the truck was gas mileage (the cylinders in that 6.0L V8 were thristy, I averaged around 12/13 mpg around the city) and some parts of the interior were made somewhat cheaply, especially the center console painted which would peel off really easily. As well with any GM vehicle, the transmission was somewhat of a weak link, this truck sporting a 4L65E which wasn't anything more than a slightly more upgraded 4L60E. Original owner had to replace the transmission at ~90,000 miles, so watchful of the transmission if you plan on buying one used."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals