2014 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,689 - $36,034.

10/7.3

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

transmission/paint

By on Monday, August 24, 2015

Pros: "great ride, quiet. bed lights"

Cons: "transmission sloppy"

"sloppy shifting in lower gears, slow response from park/reverse/drive. paint chips/ lower part of panels,GM repainted. other then that very smooth ride."

2015 GMC 3/4 ton. ALL mine & NO regrets

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Own it & No Regrets"

Cons: "None yet. She's <500 miles, studyin' it further."

"Now that i outright OWN the 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab (6.0L V8 Vortec) SLT 4x4 (Z71 Off-Road Suspension Pkg) i can relay some of my initial driving experience w/it as an owner instead of just test-driver. It gets better gas mileage than my old Jeep Cherokee V-6 2WD (both city/hwy mileage), so i can't kick. To all y'all that want better MPG's: you might best stick w/the ½ ton GMC Sierras w/Eco-Tec or Duramax engines (or whichever mfgr. brand you favor). As far as the "on-the-column" gear shifter (automatic transmission) - I didn't find mine to be "jerky" at all. My old vehicle had the on-the-console automatic shifter, & 1 before that had gear shift on the steering column. Same function but shifting on-column is NOT something you ram or slam into gear, you "slow & easy" position the shifter into proper gear otherwise "you overshot the mark" & need to re-position to correct. I checked the on-the column automatic transmission gear shift a bunch before I full-on bought mine- on account i read a review posted here that made mention of "jerky" shifting probs. Mine works just fine & IF it DIDN'T, I WOULD'T buy it. If it came up faultering after I bought it, oh boy!..you can bet I'd have it looked at, right QUICK, while under warranty. Mine shifts proper & to my liking. The truck itself is a champ! On the subject of off-road, well, I'm NOT "ditch jumpin" w/it but the 4WD (hi & lo) is just plain fine, IMO, for general all-terrain purposes. Haven't hauled "heavy" with it yet. I'm real pleased i opted to have the 20" FORGED polished aluminum GMC wheels instead of 18" alum. clad wheels! The factory spray-on bedliner is better than I expected. The paint around the very bottom of the chassis could've been finished better (I found one tiny 1/4 globule that formed a stray droplet along the very edge near the underside of the wheelhouse - slight "orange peel" where GM applies a protective undercoat beneath exterior paint color alongside to the lower left of where the assist steps normally are situate . This undercoating near bottom edge of chassis is resident on most all 4x4 Sierras I inspected while shopping, and was/is limited to the area near the rear wheel housings, drips or were visible more in some than others (i found that dealers are commonly blaming that on automated mechanical paint application). More on this in immediate follow-up."

Engineering issues

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "well thought out console and itrior storage space"

Cons: "lack of interior and exterior lighting"

"Very quiet ride. Nice looking. Steps in rear bumper great idea. Sharp looking interior. Great gas mileage. 19.6 mpg on 2800 mile trip carrying 900 lbs cargo. Engineers overlooked some small but important things. Projector headlights are terrible, no peripheral lighting on hi beams, interior dome lighting is bad, outside temp reading doesn't update frequently enough, speakers in front doors stick out too far and get kicked when exiting, piping on leather seats is very irritating when exiting or entering frequently, no provision to turn off auto door locks, infotainment screen is too bright for night driving and cannot be dimmed independently from the dash lighting, interior is super quiet but I still have to listen to the key fob rattle against the steering column on uneven roads, side mirrors are too small and can't see rear wheels with them, steering wheel mounted controls are no longer at your fingertips but are now smaller and mounted higher up and can't be felt with gloves on. Less vision out windshield compared to previous model. I use this truck for work and a lot of times at night with entry and exit at least 50 times a day. This truck is not as convenient or comfortable as the previous model."

Great truck!

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "A huge step up from last body style."

Cons: "None - yet."

"Upgraded to this truck from a 2001 Silverado and 2004 Titan. The thing that interested me in this year's remake was the fact that the truck no longer looks like a fleet truck (especially inside) as it did from 2007-2013. The interior styling and finishes are on par with other trucks in the class now (simulated leather wrapped dash, leather wheel, 8" screen, etc) and the exterior styling is much better looking in my opinion. GM has included updated features such as LED interior and bed lighting, electric power steering, and the Intellilink system. I have read complaints about the interior lighting, but I have no problem with it. The headlights are marginal, but the fog lights more than make up for the lack of main headlight power (at close range, anyway). The only issue I have noticed are that the transmission can be jittery through turns at times - may just be this truck."

WOW what a truck.

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Quiteness, handling, technology"

"Traded my 2011 Silverado for this 2014 Sierra Crew Cab SLT and what a difference. It's like a luxury vehicle inside. Smooth and extremely quite ride. It doesnt even feel like your driving a truck. And I can beat my buddies ECOBOOST on this V8 with a better tow rating. The only negative would say is with the 3.42 rear end the gas miledge isn't much better than the 11 but it is still being broken in so I'll give it some time."